tobeylarone

Strange dreams

Had a dream last night that former F1 driver Giancarlo Fisichella died. I was trying to find links about him to post in the Dead Pool thread but no websites were loading.

Also had a dream I was in a music shop with Maw Sanchez. As I was on my way out a bunch of people were crowded at the door not moving for some reason, where a guy from my work (*** who doesn't eat vegetables and despite being the world's biggest Tory wouldn't vote for either current leadership candidate because "they're not right wing enough") told us the shop was going to blow up. Nobody believed him. It did.

Also had a dream the other night where I was trying to save the children of a middle class family from their dad and his pet goose who he valued more than them.

Last night I had to sleep in a bunk bed in a very small shared room that contained an exercise bike and was rammed with rails of women's flowery blouses.

I also had to give a PowerPoint presentation that was 30 mins long, but they only gave me 14 mins to present it. A slide I had copied and pasted in turned out to be a series of toilet pictures. Every time I clicked the remote control for the next slide, it would show picture after picture of cisterns with president names and various phrases stuck onto them.

That was when I hit the next button rather than the power-down one which I kept clicking and shutting the machine down. Dreaming about the installation of Windows updates; what a time to be alive.

I always have a dream that I’m trying to put a contact lens in my eye but the lens is massive, about the size of a small side plate and it is made of quite a firm plastic material.

I always have a dream that I’m trying to put a contact lens in my eye but the lens is massive, about the size of a small side plate and it is made of quite a firm plastic material.

That’s a very common dream apparently and is said to indicate particular things about the person having it.

37 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Last night I had to sleep in a bunk bed in a very small shared room that contained an exercise bike and was rammed with rails of women's flowery blouses.

I also had to give a PowerPoint presentation that was 30 mins long, but they only gave me 14 mins to present it. A slide I had copied and pasted in turned out to be a series of toilet pictures. Every time I clicked the remote control for the next slide, it would show picture after picture of cisterns with president names and various phrases stuck onto them.

That was when I hit the next button rather than the power-down one which I kept clicking and shutting the machine down. Dreaming about the installation of Windows updates; what a time to be alive.

You're a flowery blouse.

34 minutes ago, throbber said:

That's not far removed from reality when the only ones available were hard or gas permeable.

That’s a very common dream apparently and is said to indicate particular things about the person having it.

Interesting

IMG_0785.jpg

Had a dream last night that former F1 driver Giancarlo Fisichella died. I was trying to find links about him to post in the Dead Pool thread but no websites were loading.
Also had a dream I was in a music shop with Maw Sanchez. As I was on my way out a bunch of people were crowded at the door not moving for some reason, where a guy from my work (*** who doesn't eat vegetables and despite being the world's biggest Tory wouldn't vote for either current leadership candidate because "they're not right wing enough") told us the shop was going to blow up. Nobody believed him. It did.
Also had a dream the other night where I was trying to save the children of a middle class family from their dad and his pet goose who he valued more than them.

I wouldn’t worry about it.
Dreaming about Maw Sanchez is very common.

On 09/04/2019 at 00:43, mathematics said:

Last night I started my second stint at Morgan Stanley. I sat down at my new desk and immediately became confused at why I’d quit my job to rejoin this mob, when my first stint was the worst year of my life.

Woke up hating myself for fucking up my life again.

Weird isn't it.  

46 years ago, at age 21... I did an 18 month stint as a bus driver with Glasgow Corporation Transport.

For the last couple of years, I have a regular dream that I'm returning to Scotland to do the same job again.

In the the various versions of the dream, so far,  I've ....

1. Done the interview, start next Monday.... ( wakes up)

2.  I'm in Glasgow, walking towards the bus depot, get sidetracked... (wakes up)

3.  I'm somewhere in Glasgow, catch a bus, ask the conductor (!) to drop me off at the depot.

I get off somewhere else ( wakes up)

4. I arrive at the depot, enter, and walk up to some kind of reception area.

"I'm here to start work.."

"You were supposed to be here 6 months ago..".

" Sorry, I forgot.."      (wakes up).

Edited by beefybake

I have recurring dream where I go through the whole airport experience, sit on the plane, plane takes off, then a horse walks up the center aisle of the plane and I usually wake-up soaking of sweat and heart beating like mental.

I have recurring dream where I go through the whole airport experience, sit on the plane, plane takes off, then a horse walks up the center aisle of the plane and I usually wake-up soaking of sweat and heart beating like mental.

Is that because you are scared of horses?

I dreamt that we'd beat Dundee United in a friendly today

590c35a4f0cd7_cagneyraiseglass.gif.b59ead36055c11e89f9373c785054551.gif.930db915d6616d060d6b684b6f591c3e.gif
Living that dream buddy.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, Silverton End said:
I dreamt that we'd beat Dundee United in a friendly today

590c35a4f0cd7_cagneyraiseglass.gif.b59ead36055c11e89f9373c785054551.gif.930db915d6616d060d6b684b6f591c3e.gif

Living that dream buddy.

Small victories and all that

IMG_5528.jpg

Had a dream last night I went to see We Are Scientists live. I went with my best friend from primary school, and we got there so late we were at the back and they only had one song left to play. When I went for the bus home after I was on my own. I got on the bus and showed the driver my ticket, which was in the folder my Subway ticket is usually in. The bus ticket was dated the 26th of June. I was smoking a joint during the journey and was so high I missed my stop. When I got off and started walking home I saw a helicopter in the sky moving towards where I was. As it got closer I realised it was an attack helicopter and it was targeting me to start firing missiles. I tried to go home but couldn't, so started running in the opposite direction as quickly as I could. At some point I realised the helicopter was Danish. As I was running away I was going through back gardens and dumps that don't look like anything I've seen before, vaulting over fences and walls and trying to hide when I could. The further I went the bigger the gap between me and the helicopter became. Eventually I ended up near a coast of some sort. I realised the helicopter would be able to see me since I was now out in the open, so I went home. As I was going I was trying to phone Maw Sanchez and then the police, but I couldn't get through. When I got home, and it's been completely dark during night at this point, I could see the helicopter far off in the distance coming back to me. I decided to sit on my window ledge while it was flying towards me. I moved my speakers up to the windows and put on the loudest thing that came to mind while I waited, which was this:

While this song was playing I realised I was asleep, and I could stop this by waking up. So I did. 

On 06/07/2019 at 17:45, beefybake said:

Weird isn't it.  

46 years ago, at age 21... I did an 18 month stint as a bus driver with Glasgow Corporation Transport.

For the last couple of years, I have a regular dream that I'm returning to Scotland to do the same job again.

In the the various versions of the dream, so far,  I've ....

1. Done the interview, start next Monday.... ( wakes up)

2.  I'm in Glasgow, walking towards the bus depot, get sidetracked... (wakes up)

3.  I'm somewhere in Glasgow, catch a bus, ask the conductor (!) to drop me off at the depot.

I get off somewhere else ( wakes up)

4. I arrive at the depot, enter, and walk up to some kind of reception area.

"I'm here to start work.."

"You were supposed to be here 6 months ago..".

" Sorry, I forgot.."      (wakes up).

Six months late, you’re perfect for this role.

I had a terrifying dream that sounds pretty much like the "night hag":

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_hag

I woke up but was paralysed with a cat sized monster with shiny red skin sitting on my chest grinning. When I felt like I could move a shoulder or arm it would pounce on me and pin me back. I tried to lift my head and it pushed under my chin to force my head back. This all felt as real as it does to be sitting here typing it out just now. I thought I was either in hell or dreaming, so tried to tell my brain move my head side to side until my sleep paralysis wore off all while this wee demonic thing sat staring at me. Very creepy.

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I had a terrifying dream that sounds pretty much like the "night hag":

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_hag

I woke up but was paralysed with a cat sized monster with shiny red skin sitting on my chest grinning. When I felt like I could move a shoulder or arm it would pounce on me and pin me back. I tried to lift my head and it pushed under my chin to force my head back. This all felt as real as it does to be sitting here typing it out just now. I thought I was either in hell or dreaming, so tried to tell my brain move my head side to side until my sleep paralysis wore off all while this wee demonic thing sat staring at me. Very creepy.

Sounds like the wife tbf.