Strange dreams

• 2 weeks later...

About 30 years in the making this post, but when I was young, I'd look out the bedroom window at night and see a bright star.  However, it would get closer and closer, eventually pass through the window and then turn into an evil green face that would hover about in the middle of the room.  If it saw me then it would fly at me and brutally attack me, but if I hid under the bed covers then it would just hang around.  This ended up being a recurring dream for ages.

In retrospect, I think it might have been inspired by both the 'don't look at it' opening of the ark scene from Indiana Jones and the 'it won't hurt you' scene from Ghostbusters, both of which I watched a million* times as a young kid.

*potential exaggeration, but probably not far off.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Oh I had a good one a few weeks ago. I was walking home from work only I got lost and was going past a bunch of stuff and people I didn't recognise, until I came to a big curved street which was completely flooded with water. At first I despaired because I was lost and couldn't go any further but then I realised "this isn't the way I go home from work, this must be a dream, and if it's a dream I can just walk on the water." Took one step on it and went straight on my arse.

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

About 30 years in the making this post, but when I was young, I'd look out the bedroom window at night and see a bright star.  However, it would get closer and closer, eventually pass through the window and then turn into an evil green face that would hover about in the middle of the room.  If it saw me then it would fly at me and brutally attack me, but if I hid under the bed covers then it would just hang around.  This ended up being a recurring dream for ages.

In retrospect, I think it might have been inspired by both the 'don't look at it' opening of the ark scene from Indiana Jones and the 'it won't hurt you' scene from Ghostbusters, both of which I watched a million* times as a young kid.

*potential exaggeration, but probably not far off.

That is weird, I had the same sort of thing 40 years ago but it was a floating eye made of wood that tried to attack me. Looking back it was clearly a reflection from street lights but it was terrifying at the time.

On 22/07/2021 at 22:12, Hedgecutter said:

About 30 years in the making this post, but when I was young, I'd look out the bedroom window at night and see a bright star.  However, it would get closer and closer, eventually pass through the window and then turn into an evil green face that would hover about in the middle of the room.  

Woke up one night when he was being burgled by a Celtic fan

7 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

That is weird, I had the same sort of thing 40 years ago but it was a floating eye made of wood that tried to attack me. Looking back it was clearly a reflection from street lights but it was terrifying at the time.

Mine was a floating vampire's face that would hover above the bed and leave me too terrified to move or scream out for help.

Coincidentally, there was a frosted glass lampshade in the middle of my bedroom, with a floral pattern that looked uncannily like a malevolent face when the lights were off. The worst part is that I knew that was the problem when I was a nipper, and told my mum about it when I'd wake up screaming in the night, but she never changed the fucking lampshade.

Dunno how strange this is but I'm an infrequent dreamer, very very rarely have long memorable descriptive ones, if I ever do have them it's usually when I'm struggling to sleep and that manifests in the dream and I end up bizarrely having a dream where I'm usually in a crowded setting, really bright, people partying and being noisey and all I want to do is sleep but can't due to whatever circumstances, I'm usually really stressed in the dream as I know that in real life I need to sleep and everyone else is oblivious to this.... fast forward to this morning, I'm awake at 4am knowing I'm up at 7.30 and went to bed at midnight so doing the usual tossing and turning, calculating if I fall asleep right now then I'll have enough sleep, trying to find the cold part of the pillow, I eventually do fall back asleep and proceed to have a dream where I'm extremely drunk, I was with 2 people I knew but I was trying to tell them "this isn't right guys, I'm fucked here" and they were just not really bothered and thought my panic was funny, I was stumbling around, flinching at things, it was like a bad trip and it's like my wee dream me was panicking because I wasn't sober and had such a lack of control on my dream actions, I think I was really lightly sleeping at this point and maybe this was what made it so chaotic, I was also drunk when I went to bed but even still that's the first time I've ever been drunk in a dream and it was not fun tbh. I think my subconscious was trying to tell me something! 

Edited by SANTAN

I had a dream that I had died. I was walking along this barren wasteland with a guy who was a guide. He took me to a mountain of food and told me it was all the food I had ever eaten. Then a mountain of shit and said it was all the shit I had ever produced in my lifetime. He wanted me to weigh each mountain and see if they tallied up. 

It was really vivid, which is rare for me. No idea what meaning can be gleaned from it. 

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I had a dream that I had died. I was walking along this barren wasteland with a guy who was a guide. He took me to a mountain of food and told me it was all the food I had ever eaten. Then a mountain of shit and said it was all the shit I had ever produced in my lifetime. He wanted me to weigh each mountain and see if they tallied up. 

It was really vivid, which is rare for me. No idea what meaning can be gleaned from it. 

RIP, sweet prince

• 2 weeks later...

I had a vivid dream last night where I turned on a TV set and they were reporting someone’s death. I don’t know who, but in my dream I shouted to my wife ‘oh my God, you’ll never guess who has just died!’. Then I woke up.

….so, if there’s a ‘big ticket’ celebrity death this weekend, blame me. Liz Windsor, any Beatle or Rolling Stone, Sir David Attenborough…. Be afraid, very afraid.

Wild dreams this week. Last night I was in Dr No except instead of anything to do with the plot of that movie a mad Nazi type doctor wanted to get a strip of asbestos out my skull because it had secret into on it. He had to inject an anesthetic into my temple to do this, but that was sore as hall too. This all took place during a dinner party affair of sorts where I'd dragged workmates back to my house following a traipse around non-existent country villages that I've visited in dreams over the years. Good times.

20 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Wild dreams this week. Last night I was in Dr No except instead of anything to do with the plot of that movie a mad Nazi type doctor wanted to get a strip of asbestos out my skull because it had secret into on it. He had to inject an anesthetic into my temple to do this, but that was sore as hall too. This all took place during a dinner party affair of sorts where I'd dragged workmates back to my house following a traipse around non-existent country villages that I've visited in dreams over the years. Good times.

That’s not a dream, that’s how they did the Covid jabs at Ravenscraig in Motherwell. 😜

• 1 month later...

I was in Finland on a massive lake riding a jet ski.  Having a great old time.  There was a sort of sea giant in that lake that dream Wikipedia called manatee man.  Dream Wikipedia says he is harmless but gets quite angry if people go near him.  So I did what any responsible jet ski owner would do.

I sped round him doing donuts, quick turns, spraying him.  Generally acting a dick.  I sped away on this massive beautiful lake taking in the scenery and wildlife.  Then a lion started to chase me and I was all like f**k you lion I’m on a jet ski ha ha ha.  

Then I noticed the lion was easily keeping pace with me as the water was only ankle deep.

A triple header last night due to a pish break and a cat interruption.

First up it was Stewart Adamson sitting on a fridge in a dimly lit corridor discussing politics.

Second up and thankfully a quick one, a northern Irish female footballer who had an eye injury. Her eyeball started swelling up so much it popped out of her head and was dangling about. She tried to stuff it back in unsuccessfully.

Finally my work went tits up so everyone went in to get what they could and trash the place. Which was nice.