Strange dreams

Most of my dreams involve falling from a great height, endlessly falling until I awaken.

I do recall once, being chased by a huge can of WD40, the wee red plastic straw attachment that's used for oiling crevices was a sort of evil probe. Terrifying at the time.

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Most of my dreams involve falling from a great height, endlessly falling until I awaken.

I do recall once, being chased by a huge can of WD40, the wee red plastic straw attachment that's used for oiling crevices was a sort of evil probe. Terrifying at the time.

bd6c968769a5bcef5162b8a34d8e8404.jpg

Woken from this by the alarm this morning - it was World Cup time at some point way in the future, and it was being hosted in Scotland. Spent the dream dotting about the country going between stadiums, watching all the games. We hadn't qualified, of course, but Brechin and Forfar were in the same group. The intergalactic press were going nuts about this amazing derby match. Alicante had qualified for the knockout stage after one game because everybody liked them, I think.

Oh, and I missed out on getting my hole from a bizarre alien creature because I let her hamsters out of their cage. Not a euphemism. Still feel a bit guilty.

20 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Oh, and I missed out on getting my hole from a bizarre alien creature because I let her hamsters out of their cage. Not a euphemism. Still feel a bit guilty.

Did this happen during the World Cup?

I also sometimes have a dream where I appear to be walking down the street, but I am actually gliding about a foot above the pavement. f**k knows what that means (apart from the fact I’m a weirdo) :lol: 

20 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Did this happen during the World Cup?

During one of the games, in a booth down at pitchside. Must have been one hell of a match.

20 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I also sometimes have a dream where I appear to be walking down the street, but I am actually gliding about a foot above the pavement. f**k knows what that means (apart from the fact I’m a weirdo) :lol: 

I used to have that all the time, although it was more that I could jump and remain just above the floor by adjusting my balance, like when you stand on one leg and start to get wobbly after a while.

This post may be proof that you're also a weirdo. Sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

Should never read p&b before bed.

Just before the wee one hollered on me I was dreaming I was sitting with the wife and out of nowhere I picked up that days paper and the front page was David silva of Man City with the headline ‘I love it when she shits on my face’

The twitter thread will help you get this one!

I was having quite the time with an ex colleague of mine until I woke up. Was shiting it as I thought I'd said her name in my sleep but apparently not, I'm still alive.

Not that I'd ever be such a p***k but if it's a dream and I can't help it, well may as well enjoy it.

Had a dream about the Trivago woman last night, we were banging in an infinity pool at the top of the Marina Bay Sands hotel as the sun was setting. Vogue magazine were doing a photo shoot of us from helicopters and I was swigging from a bottle of champagne, what does it mean? 

I always get mad, vivid dreams for what seems like the entirety of my sleep when I'm in the heat and given that we are in a bit of a heatwave just now, I'm getting them every time I shut my eyes. 

Last night's included me receiving a birthday card in the post from my Dad - my birthday is in October - and written on the front of the envelope beside the address was 'I bumped into someone at the pub you know - Shandon Par'. I headed to the pub in question - which had STIRLING ARMS engraved into the masonry of the arched lintel above the door - to meet @Shandon Par who was apparently my mate in this dream. Can't remember anything after that. 

29 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I always get mad, vivid dreams for what seems like the entirety of my sleep when I'm in the heat and given that we are in a bit of a heatwave just now, I'm getting them every time I shut my eyes. 

Last night's included me receiving a birthday card in the post from my Dad - my birthday is in October - and written on the front of the envelope beside the address was 'I bumped into someone at the pub you know - Shandon Par'. I headed to the pub in question - which had STIRLING ARMS engraved into the masonry of the arched lintel above the door - to meet @Shandon Par who was apparently my mate in this dream. Can't remember anything after that. 

Our dad:

94c7fbbb-0563-4a93-a1c5-0718bc19ddc2

I was down in some wee English seaside town with my pal and we were looking for some scran. We spotted what we thought was a bowling club and went in to see if they did food. We told them we were bowlers and they invited us to join them as they were just sitting down to a five-course meal for fifteen quid. that seemed very reasonable so we sat at the tables. my starter came out reasonably quickly, but then the next course was taking an age, and my pal hadn't had his starter yet. we inquired what was taking so long and we were told he wouldn't get his starter until the other team was batting. turned out it was a cricket club, they'd thought we were spin bowlers. I decided we should leave as we had to get home to on a stag do the day after next and we had to catch a minibus and drive to Poland. My pal refused as he'd paid his fifteen quid and wanted his coronation chicken. I shot the craw and then realised I hadn't done any washing but i'd have to pack clean clothes for the stag do. I then acquired two massive lettuce leaves and a leek, and cut the panels for a short-sleeved shirt out of the lettuce, used strips of the leek to tape the seams, and sewed it together. Then I went and caught a bus. It was a 1970s double-decker, red. We were travelling along at a fair rate through the English countryside when the driver of the bus suddenly got up and started waving a gun at the passengers. It was Mel Gibson as Mad Max, I realised, and became worried that he'd find my lettuce shirt and eat it, so I jooked down behind the seat back so he wouldn't see me. He got a ham sandwich from a chunky lad in the back seat and I decided to take control of the bus while he was distracted. I jumped into the empty drivers seat but Mad Max had cut the brakes and glued the accelerator down. I dodged a Morris Minors and crashing through a hedge and onto a go-kart track, which just made things worse as a Leyland bus with the accelerator glued down doesn't handle too well. Destroyed their tyre walls, but managed to get back on the road, when Max appeared and pointed the gun at my head.

Then the alarm went off.

I had a really bizarre one the other night. Can’t remember the full details, but T in the Park was brought back. It was held in a big forest in the middle of nowhere in Germany. Robbie from ArsenalFanTV was there. Anyway, I left the event and saw big Robbie on the news, except he has the body of a matchstick man and arms of cooked KFC chicken wings. He was being interviewed to help his cause to get him back to normal “Guys, I just turn around for one fucking second and suddenly I look like this. The odds are I am going to die pretty soon, but we need all the money you can donate to get me back to normal” he said.

My head is scrambled.

• 2 weeks later...

I was driving a tourist coach, full of old folk at breakneck speed through the countryside. "Slow down!" The oldies were shouting...I shouted back "I don't even have a P.S.V Licence!"
*laughs maniacally*

They try to wrestle me away from the steering wheel and we swerve off the road and plough through a field, ending up on a lovely beach where everyone gets off smiling, dropping coins into a hat for my tip.

5 hours ago, Silverton End said:

I was driving a tourist coach, full of old folk at breakneck speed through the countryside. "Slow down!" The oldies were shouting...I shouted back "I don't even have a P.S.V Licence!"
*laughs maniacally*

They try to wrestle me away from the steering wheel and we swerve off the road and plough through a field, ending up on a lovely beach where everyone gets off smiling, dropping coins into a hat for my tip.

Had a dream last night where I managed to break into a wolves game before kick off. Wolves were at home but it wasn’t at the molineux, and after getting through the turnstiles I went to walk up the stairs to the stand. Got to the top and thought I’d made it in without being detected, but I was grabbed by a steward and demanded to answer why the name on my ticket (which I didn’t even use to get in) didn’t match my name. Was getting dragged out but managed to explain that it was my friends ticket, so in a bid to apologise the steward took me to into a shop and offered to buy me a drink. I said orange lucozade and he kept picking up every flavour except orange, but eventually we got there and we had a good laugh about it. The end.