Strange dreams

A couple of days ago I dreamed I was an American journalist interviewing Hitler in the early days of the war. He'd shaved his head bald and was basically trolling me, claiming he'd started the Nazi party in the 16th century and was its first ever member. I had to nod and smile throughout as I was terrified of what he might do if I contradicted him.

Had a dream last night that a brown bear attacked me in the garden next to my parents house. It got hold of my left ankle and bit down. The vet (f**k knows) put it down immediately so I never died at least. There were teeth marks and it had swollen up. A paramedic appeared from nowhere and injected, what I assume was morphine, then fucked off. I asked why I wasn't going to the hospital and was told there wasn't enough room and I was in the queue until the more serious incidents were dealt with.

I seem to often have a dream where I for some reason am renting 2 different places to live. They're always different places as well, and places that I've never seen before and almost certainyl don't exist.

Not had the 'failing uni' one in a while though. I'm sure it's due soon.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I asked why I wasn't going to the hospital and was told there wasn't enough room and I was in the queue until the more serious incidents were dealt with.

Probably overflowing with melting folk from Stellaboz's dream 

I seem to often have a dream where I for some reason am renting 2 different places to live. They're always different places as well, and places that I've never seen before and almost certainyl don't exist.

Not had the 'failing uni' one in a while though. I'm sure it's due soon.

Do you ever dream of aeroplanes crashing?

No

When I was at Uni that was a frequent dream of mine. So much so I decided to have a look at a dream dictionary. It is supposed to signify you've taken on too much and are have fear of failing or something along those lines. It was spot on tbf.

• 3 weeks later...

Early this morning (after going back to sleep having been wakened up at 5am by a meowing little b*****d), I won a competition to meet Gigi Buffoon in a primary school. Was frantically thinking of some interesting questions to ask him whilst sitting in an empty gym hall when a massive wasp burst in through the doors and started buzzing around close to me.

Turns our a real bumble bee was buzzing about the bedroom.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a recurring nightmare that I meet someone famous (person is different in every dream) and I go to get a photo with them and I suddenly become incapable of working my phone. To the extent they are hanging around for 5 minutes and eventually get really pissed off and shout at me. Sometimes the famous person takes the phone off me and takes the photo themselves. 

Last night it was Chris Kamara and he just stormed off after hanging around. It really disturbs me and gives me the fear that it will happen if I meet an idol of mine in real life.

I had a horrible one last night. England were invading us. They were heading to central Scotland though because that's where the 'battle' was taking place but to get there they had to march (aye, march) through Dumfries. For some reason they were starting from the Whitesands down by the River Nith and I had a look to see and the whole areas was swarming with millions of them about to set off. It was a mad dash to get back in the car and get my family in (particularly my daughter I can recall) in the car and get as far away as possible because we had no protection whatsoever as all our defences were up the road.

It was a really bonkers dream but one of those ones that make you really really unsettled during it and after you wake up. When I woke up I lay for about 5 minutes thinking about it and even now when thinking about it it's still a strange feeling.

The main theme throughout it was the sheer panic of my daughter getting hurt or worse. I think that's why it was so unsettling. A work colleague (and an extremely nice guy) lost his daughter (23 yo) last week and though I never knew her I felt upset for the guy. When I was told his news I was bathing my wee girl and couldn't imagine what he was going through. I expect the two things are connected and that's my subconscious being a c**t.

Been having a few weird and lucid ones of late (does say it can be a side effect from one of my meds)
One the other day I woke up convinced it must be at least 9:30 or later as I’d checked my phone about half an hour earlier and it was clearly just after 9.
Turns out it was only just after 6 but the dream was really convincing.

my dream last night was made. i was forced to fight mike tyson at an event at gayfield in arbroath. the ring was set up in the centre circle but it was like the terraces were right beside it. the bell went and i kept running around the ring from tyson asking him not to punch me. the bell went at the end of round 1 and i went to my corner and when i looked at tysons corner he had changed into a tiger and Don King has shovelling piles of red meat into his mouth.

round 2 started and tiger mike was getting petted by this bird (wid) that was in the crowd so i started punching him in the back of the head. that pissed him off so he bit my arm off.

• 3 weeks later...

The wife and I were going to the grand national but she got on the bus to go and got caught up in a large crowd so missed the bus. I ended up sitting in the middle of a 1970s shopping centre with my dad listening to Brian Eno playing some tunes on instruments made from calculators (live) whilst an African woman wandered round trying sell happy birthday wrapping paper.

ETA the Eno calculator stuff was very good, he knows how to get a tune from a Casio.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

On 5/17/2018 at 12:51, 19QOS19 said:

Had a dream last night that a brown bear attacked me in the garden next to my parents house. It got hold of my left ankle and bit down. The vet (f**k knows) put it down immediately so I never died at least. There were teeth marks and it had swollen up. A paramedic appeared from nowhere and injected, what I assume was morphine, then fucked off. I asked why I wasn't going to the hospital and was told there wasn't enough room and I was in the queue until the more serious incidents were dealt with.

Guide to fighting bears:

Black - fight back

Brown - stay down

White - Say goodnight

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Guide to fighting bears:

Black - fight back

Brown - stay down

White - Say goodnight

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/05/canada-nunavut-aaron-gibbons-mauled-polar-bear-kids

Invaluable advice. Probably wouldn't have done him any good any way.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ve not had a strange dream in a while. Not had a normal one either. Is there any special food or drink I should be consuming before bedtime?

Last night I had some curry flavour Koka noodles, 4 Mars Celebrations (Bounty, Twix, Galaxy and Galaxy Caramel) and a 660ml bottle of Moretti.