Craig Levein

dubs

Did you see Fletcher's post match interview on MOTD last weekend ?   The guy is a moron . Could hardly string two words together and wouldn't look his interviewer in the eye .   I would guess that there is a definite clash in intelect  and that would be more of a problem for any Scotland return .

What's this got to do with scoring goals? That's what he's good at I'm not wanting him in the squad for interviews.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's this got to do with scoring goals? That's what he's good at I'm not wanting him in the squad for interviews.

I was suggesting that the squad seems to be made up of players willing to toe the party line . Fletcher would always have a problem with Levein because of his neanderthall attitude !!

I was suggesting that the squad seems to be made up of players willing to toe the party line . Fletcher would always have a problem with Levein because of his neanderthall attitude !!

Yes, because no thick moron has ever pulled on a Scotland shirt before.

most people hate levein.........i do too.........however the last 8 or 9 games aprt USA there has been a slight improvement. We are stuck with him.....Lets give him one more chance and will him and the boys on............we need to start on a positive note............save the pessimism for later!!

most people hate levein.........i do too.........however the last 8 or 9 games aprt USA there has been a slight improvement. We are stuck with him.....Lets give him one more chance and will him and the boys on............we need to start on a positive note............save the pessimism for later!!

Totally agree, Levein is in the hotseat for this one like it or not. It's time to get behind the team for these two games and save the criticism or praise till after.

I'm feeling fairly confident, more so it would seem than Peter Houston. 6 points is what we should be aiming for, if you're not going to beat Serbia at Hampden and the plan is to hold out for a draw in the return fixture (cue memories of Prague debacle) then when do we expect them to drop the points we need to overhaul them? But if the management are happy with 4 points then they'd better be off the back of a good performance or Levein will get pelters.

He's shite, Craig.

I'm available for a call up if he needs a crap full-back.

Seriously though, I'm not sure. If a few injuries exhaust all of our options at full-back though and we're forced to call up that p***k then we really are the very defintion of mediocrity these days.

I'd argue Ryan Jack could do a better job than Ricky Foster for a start.

Jack is in the U21 squad though, and he'll start both games. It's unlikely that Foster/Jack/anyone will get on for the first team, so I don't like the idea of disrupting the U21 squad.

Foster can cover left-back and right-back too. He's like a shiter version of Steven Whittaker.

Did you see Fletcher's post match interview on MOTD last weekend ? The guy is a moron . Could hardly string two words together and wouldn't look his interviewer in the eye . I would guess that there is a definite clash in intelect and that would be more of a problem for any Scotland return .

As it happens I thought Fletcher came across as surprisingly modest and reasonably articulate, at least by footballers' standards. Levein's incoherent, contradictory ramblings have never struck me as the product of a first class intellect to be honest. I would hesitate to characterise the clash between Levein and Fletcher as "intellectual." A clash of egos certainly.

Anyway it's a football team not The Brains Trust. Lack of intellectual ability has rarely been a significant impediment in football. If anything it seems to be de rigueur.

Surely the Levein fan boys (see above) must be starting to question him now. I'm not believing for one second that Ricky Foster is the best player available. I'd rather play Mulgrew with one leg.

If people defend Foster then I put this to you. If you think foster is good enough for Scotland then you clearly don't think we are good enough to qualify. There is no way Foster is good enough to play international football. We have serbia, Croatia and Belgium are all very good teams with terrific players playing in the best leagues for the best clubs. If you defend levein for calling up Foster your mental.

Some will argue "who else is there?". Surely Wallace at rangers has got to be a better option. I mean I see Leveins point about playing at a lower level but it was only a few months ago he was playing at the highest level in Scottish football and deemed good enough to play for Scotland. You don't become a bad player in a few months.

I'll support the team and manager as ever but there is no way he is the man for the job. I wonder if the levein fan boys will realise even if we finish fourth!!!! Which btw is a real possibility

Some will argue "who else is there?". Surely Wallace at rangers has got to be a better option. I mean I see Leveins point about playing at a lower level but it was only a few months ago he was playing at the highest level in Scottish football and deemed good enough to play for Scotland. You don't become a bad player in a few months.

Injured.

It's not as though Levein named Ricky Foster in his initial squad for this game - that would have been seriously worrying.

Instead, Foster has been called up to cover both full-back positions because we have 7 full-backs injured. And even still, he will be behind Hutton and Dixon for the game. So we're talking about him being 10th choice.

Surely the Levein fan boys (see above) must be starting to question him now. I'm not believing for one second that Ricky Foster is the best player available. I'd rather play Mulgrew with one leg.

If people defend Foster then I put this to you. If you think foster is good enough for Scotland then you clearly don't think we are good enough to qualify. There is no way Foster is good enough to play international football. We have serbia, Croatia and Belgium are all very good teams with terrific players playing in the best leagues for the best clubs. If you defend levein for calling up Foster your mental.

I'll support the team and manager as ever but there is no way he is the man for the job. I wonder if the levein fan boys will realise even if we finish fourth!!!! Which btw is a real possibility

Lee Wallace has a hamstring injury. He would have been called up ahead of Dixon if that hadn't been the case.

Why no Stephen Crainey? He's no superstar but he's played at this level before and is fairly solid.

As for Foster, meh. I always thought he did ok for us, but was never good enough to be a first pick. Much the same nowadays, although as has been said the other options are very limited.

Wallace didn't seem that injured when he was playing on Sunday...

Regardless Foster is a laughable choice. I'm embarrassed that he is part of a Scotland squad. There is hope for me yet. Here's hoping he doesn't get a strip.

Even Dixon playing does not inspire with coincidence. Decent player but never an international. I really do fear the worst for this campaign. We haven't been helped by the draw either right enough!!!!!

From the BBC website:

Lee Wallace was unavailable to be considered as a late replacement as the Rangers left-back has a hamstring injury.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19463788

Given that he was in the papers a few times last month discussing his Scotland chances and desire to get back in the squad despite playing in the 3rd, I doubt he'd pass up a chance of a certain start without reason.

At the moment, the only other player I can particularly think of that I'd have over Foster is Kevin McNaughton, and I presume he's had a word and said he's not looking to be selected, as he never is.

The question about calling up someone like Jack has been answered, I guess, in that they're needed for the U-21s.

I did have a bit of a giggle that he'd called up Foster, and it is scraping the barrel a bit, but the guy isn't going to play, unless something remarkable happens, or he's turned into Cafu since he went to Bristol.

Do we know whether it'll be Marshall if McGregor doesn't make it? I'd kind of prefer Marshall anyway, if McGregor isn't 100%.

Foster is something like 7th choice and he plays for Bristol City in the Championship - it's hardly a disaster is it??

Meant to greenie this, sorry!

We've been extremely unfortunate with injuries to our full-backs, so the call-up of Foster is no surprise. MacKenzie on the other hand...

Archived