Strange Fears

CountyFan

As mentioned as well, deep water where I can't see the bottom scares me.

I was snorkelling in Turkey in crystal-clear water and you could see clearly to the bottom, looking down at about the height of a two-storey building. I wasn't scared but it did give a real feeling of vertigo. So seeing the the bottom might not actually help.

Reading all this makes me feel like I'm the freak since I don't really have any irrational fears (that I know of yet).

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was snorkelling in Turkey in crystal-clear water and you could see clearly to the bottom, looking down at about the height of a two-storey building. I wasn't scared but it did give a real feeling of vertigo. So seeing the the bottom might not actually help.

Reading all this makes me feel like I'm the freak since I don't really have any irrational fears (that I know of yet).

My advice?

Don't visit the 'Buses' thread.

Can't believe I'm the first to say these but synthetic sponges and chalk both freak me out, can't hold on to them or watch people hold them, very strange.

Also people touching their eyeball, I can do it to myself no bother but when other people do it I get really uncomfortable and have to look away ph34r.gif

Another vote for Moths here. Fucking hate them so much, I can't be in a room with moth(s) flying about. Don't know why I'm so scared of them, I can deal with just about everything else.

Along with Cotton Wool I have an irrational fear of small dogs such as highland terriers, they just seems to be sizing up my ankles for a quick meal I swear it.

Also I can't be left on the deck of a ferry, like the train/pier/cliff scenario I often find myself looking over the side looking down onto the water thinking "yep, you could jump here....why not try" Thing is I hate swimming.

When does dislike turn to fear? I have no idea.

Only thing I can think of is that when I die, I don't want to be cremated because I can't stand the thought of my ears and toes getting burned.

The sound of someone sweeping. As in brushing up leaves on a pavement. My skin's crawling just thinking about it.

One of my mates freaks out if he sees a balloon flying away. Balloons tied down or floating up to the ceiling indoors are fine, but the second they start flying away into the sky he can't handle it.

Only thing I can think of is that when I die, I don't want to be cremated because I can't stand the thought of my ears and toes getting burned.

Funnily enough, the book I was reading this mornign goes into great detail about what happens to a body once it is buried.

I wonder if people who knew all that would still want to be buried and not toasted over a hot fire.

I want to be toasted over a hot fire.

Funnily enough, the book I was reading this mornign goes into great detail about what happens to a body once it is buried.

I wonder if people who knew all that would still want to be buried and not toasted over a hot fire.

whats the book called, sounds interesting

whats the book called, sounds interesting

It was actually a scene in "Phantom" by Jo Nesbo, where they reopen a sealed coffin, froma fairly recent murder, to extract some evidence.

When the earth is removed around the coffin, the first thing noticed is the loud sound from within, of fly larvae in flesh. Apparently the eyeballs go very early, being our tastiest part.

I don't care what they do with me I'll be dead!

Hopefully unsure.gif

There's quite honestly something about sheep that freaks me the f**k out. I can't even explain exactly what it is beyond that sheepy way that they look at you. It's unnerving. This is hardly on the level of a phobia, but I honestly feel uncomfortable around sheep. laugh.gif

It's weird, because the normal ones like spiders, wasps etc don't bother me much at all. I chase wasps around my house with a glass and bit of paper so I can let them out of the window rather than killing them.

There's quite honestly something about sheep that freaks me the f**k out. I can't even explain exactly what it is beyond that sheepy way that they look at you. It's unnerving. This is hardly on the level of a phobia, but I honestly feel uncomfortable around sheep. laugh.gif

It's weird, because the normal ones like spiders, wasps etc don't bother me much at all. I chase wasps around my house with a glass and bit of paper so I can let them out of the window rather than killing them.

Wasps deserve to die they are evil little feckers

SIk05.png

Archived