The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

660ml bottle of Cloudwater - BA Old Fashioned, 8.3% and £15 a bottle. Massive citrus flavours and a hint of the Boubon barrels it has been aged in, it's based on the cocktail of the same name. Really liked this as a treat and tbh, never had a bad Cloudwater beer.

Eden Mill Brewery's red ale is very good: I haven't seen any of their stuff before. On the topic of a brewery not having a bad beer, Harviestoun's Orach Slie adds to their reputation IMO as one of the top Scottish breweries. Both their Bitter and Twisted and Schiehallion are excellent in their class; this 6% whisky casked golden ale is very good as well. Currently available at £2.50 a (330 ml) bottle in The Pot Still, which is a bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

Eden Mill - Parritch Broo Imperial Stout (9.1%)

An almost candy floss type aroma on top of Green & Black's chocolate, expresso and some yeasty vibes too.

Quite dry and bittersweet. Bit of dark spice with hints of treacle and tobacco. Reminds me of Cocoa Psycho but with a bit more spice.

16508867_1538402566187771_14494886256806

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2017 at 22:12, centralTon said:

660ml bottle of Cloudwater - BA Old Fashioned, 8.3% and £15 a bottle. Massive citrus flavours and a hint of the Boubon barrels it has been aged in, it's based on the cocktail of the same name. Really liked this as a treat and tbh, never had a bad Cloudwater beer.

Had the Cloudwater collaboration with Brew Dog last weekend. Excellent.

Young girl in the office was leaving and before she left she bought a few bottles of beer for me as a sort of thank you. Most were fine but it did include a bottle of Newcastle Brown. I hadn't drank this in years as I seemed to remember it was bloody awful. I am pleased to say that despite my advanced years my memory isn't failing me that badly. It was awful. Thankfully the Hobgoblin, Crafty Hen, and Dead Pony Club more than made up for it.

Attended a Windswept Brewing tasting out at Hippo Beers in the West end of Glasow last night.
Good banter and quite interesting hearing the backgrounds to the creation of their beers.
Just grabbed the 4 but all of their stuff is worth trying.

20170303_232721.thumb.jpg.b9121d1b653056c06ac4f834f7eaa2aa.jpg

Some voltages on them Derek my boy. How was the tornado? Love pale ales.

Picked up 4 for €10 tonight. Have an interview tomorrow morning so am only going to have the cute hoor.
Looking forward to the double IPA on the left. 7.6%!597dcbb1d18f06e4eaed5bf0b858dd97.jpg

4 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Some voltages on them Derek my boy. How was the tornado? Love pale ales.

Tornado was excellent.

Single hop (citra) pale ale. Big citrussy, tropical flavours but balanced really well.

The Weizen tastes like bananas, though due rather to the type of yeast as opposed to any actual fruit. Also hugely tasty.

Going to have the other 2 the morn.

Phil, you were a nosey p***k in the "nom nom nom" thread, asking what was in a Tupperware box, so this week we'll have a wee game - I'm no telling what the green thing is, but I'll give you three guesses.

34 minutes ago, philpy said:

Phil, you were a nosey p***k in the "nom nom nom" thread, asking what was in a Tupperware box, so this week we'll have a wee game - I'm no telling what the green thing is, but I'll give you three guesses.

Fitbit?

You love it though Philpy.

I'd go with the general consencus and say it is a Fitbit.