The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Williams bros select tonight, plus a couple of Trooper and a King Goblin for good measure. It's been a hell of a week, cheers lads :DIMAG1395_zps1755995a.jpg

Popped into my local Spoonsys this evening and they had Seven Giraffas on draught.

Excellent beer and never had it on draught before.

Was in there for a quick one last weekend, £4.70 for a pint of Estrella Damm. :thumbsdown

Tonight I have a Leffe Blonde, Ben Nevis IPA, Schiehallion, and Wickedly Hoppy IPA :)

I never really go into Bier Halle just for a drink, I usually go in for something to eat as well as some beverages.

nope, it was a scottish one im sure.

They usually have a couple of real ales on. They change all the time so I'm not sure what you would have had.

Was next to an Aldi earlier so popped in to have a look at their ale selection. Picked up a bottle of Roisin, a Fraoch, a Caesar Augustus and a golden IPA by the TSA brewery. Somehow managed to smash the bottle of IPA when I got home.

<<<<<<<< seething

Popped into my local Spoonsys this evening and they had Seven Giraffas on draught.

Excellent beer and never had it on draught before.

Excellent. Aye, 7 Giraffes is probably my favorite of the Willaism Bros i've tried so far. Joker IPA, March of the Penguins and Fraoch are great too. Good times, not so great :thumbsdown

Just flattened a bottle of that Trooper/Iron Maiden beer. It was better than I was expecting, really quite good actually.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden but I thought the beer was very very good. Expected it to be a musicians gimmick like the Elbow beer (crap) but it's not. Loved it. :)

Last night had 2 pints, different beers from Houston Brewery.

Slainte and Chestnut Ale: both nice dark beers, easy on the palate without being extraordinary. Very similar to each other - I have to accept that they are different but am reminded of Homer's visit to Duff's brewery! On Friday night had a bottle of Houston's Crystal. Enjoyed it, but again rather similar.

Faither started at the Williams brewery a couple of months back. As well as the Williams stuff, they bottle for Inveralmond and Fyne Ales amongst others.

The free stuff ain't too shabby. My bounty is pictured, thank Christ for barbecue season.

BPJgrztCIAECZps.jpg

Faither started at the Williams brewery a couple of months back. As well as the Williams stuff, they bottle for Inveralmond and Fyne Ales amongst others.

The free stuff ain't too shabby. My bounty is pictured, thank Christ for barbecue season.

BPJgrztCIAECZps.jpg

your a poster ive always admired. fancy being pals?

Well my daughter scertainly started something wuith her bottled beers on Fathers Day, I've got a taste for them now. Truth be told her boyfriend is into the bottled beers thing and has shares in Brew Dog through their pub just off Deansgate in Manchester.

he brought me some of their Punk IPA, and a couple of bottles of Jack Hammer which kind of renminded me of a Pilsner lager strong but a good bite to it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Since then I've raided Tesco and Aldi's shelfs and havent really found one I disliked too much.

Badgers Blandford Flyer was fairly decent

Innis & Gunn Rum finish Oak aged beer, superb.

Brains Boilermaker, a Welsh Whisky IPA was a belter

Adnams Broadside my kind of beer, rich and dark and bitter

Black Sheep Ale as nice in the bottle as on draught. Really

Jennings Bitter enjoyed this with my tea on a saturday afternoon liked it so much I bought another four on the Sunday.

Cumberland Ale, from the Jennings Brewery and every bit as good as their Bitter.

Banks's Bitter, not a fan of Banks's beer but this was better than expected.

Badgers Tangle Foot, refreshing but just a little too fruity for my taste.

Cocker Hoop throughly enjoyed this one really smooth with a nice wee afterbite.

Theakstons Masham Glory, excellent. Again rich, dark, and bitter the way beer should be.

Of them all Adnams Broadside and Jennings Bitter were probably my favourites, Innis & Gunn, Brew Dogs Jack Hammer, Brains Boilermaker, and Black Sheep Ale run them close though.

Beer is all about personal taste, mine runs to a rich dark full bodied beer, doesn't mean I cant enjoy a nice pale ale, or even a decent stout. Blonde Ales and Lagers do leave me cold though.

Cheers.