The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

I was at The West Brewery tour last night. Tour is short, but quite entertaining. The beers are a bit bland I think, Wild West and the stout were the best by quite a way.

Yep, pretty much agree with all of that. I liked the short tour though; I'm only so interested in the processes. I like their beer too, was really glad when they they didn't go bust (and are now doing well)... but I was really pleased when we left to go to Drygate, where the beer and food is about 100x better.

I was at The West Brewery tour last night. Tour is short, but quite entertaining. The beers are a bit bland I think, Wild West and the stout were the best by quite a way.

West for most part very bland. Really like their Munich Red though.

Had an excellent day out at the Steampacket Inn on Saturday. 

Amongst others had Kelburn Jaguar, Five Kingdoms Capt. Morrison's IPA and their Stout, which was 6.9% and was so utterly fucking magnificent that it led to me buying a four pint jug of it for the bus home. And horsing the lot. Sair heid Sunday.....  :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Glasgow Real Ale Festival is on from today to Saturday inclusive.[/size]http://www.glasgowrealalefestival.co.uk/

Spent a couple of hours at this yesterday with two of my sons. Lots of half pints of previously untried beers, some good, some not so. I'd never heard of Clockwork brewery in Glasgow.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/07/2016 at 21:02, mighty meadow said:

Bottle of this from the coffee shop at Glasgow Central Station. Strong coffee hit. Lovely.

1467489681377.jpg

Had seen that one morning before work and was intrigued by it.

The fact it was over £5 a bottle though was a bit distressing.

Was at Shilling Brewing Company in West George Street in Glasgow tonight. Had been at the Japanese place across the street for food and saw that it had opened.

Lovely stuff called Ten Storey Malt Bomb by Alchemy Brewery in Livingston. Like an old fashioned heavy/80 shilling with a slightly more modern hop kick. Lovely murky stuff - see the picture

Also tried Black Star Teleporter from the Shilling folks themselves. Nice smooth porter with hints of coconut.

Perhaps a bit trendy (i.e. everyone wandering around in skinny jeans and cravats and those incomplete haircuts that were last in fashion in around 1992) but both beers were very tasty and they had an interesting selection that I want to try more of in future.

alchemy.jpg

Just now, Derek Patterson said:

Was at Shilling Brewing Company in West George Street in Glasgow tonight. Had been at the Japanese place across the street for food and saw that it had opened.

Lovely stuff called Ten Storey Malt Bomb by Alchemy Brewery in Livingston. Like an old fashioned heavy/80 shilling with a slightly more modern hop kick. Lovely murky stuff - see the picture

Also tried Black Star Teleporter from the Shilling folks themselves. Nice smooth porter with hints of coconut.

Perhaps a bit trendy (i.e. everyone wandering around in skinny jeans and cravats and those incomplete haircuts that were last in fashion in around 1992) but both beers were very tasty and they had an interesting selection that I want to try more of in future.

alchemy.jpg

I was there about the back of four. Had the Glasgow Red and the Telekom before I had to move on. Both good and I'll be back for more soon. Nice place as well.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was there about the back of four. Had the Glasgow Red and the Telekom before I had to move on. Both good and I'll be back for more soon. Nice place as well.

Aye. Just had a quick glance of the pizza menu as had already eaten but sounded gid. Reasonably priced for the city centre.

Certainly making a return and going through the list.

Bought some of this yesterday, been trying to source it for ages after having it on draft in the Guildford arms nearly two years ago. Lovely stuff, very nice aftertaste. I also had a nice pint of "silkie stout" in the Guildford arms yesterday. Very drinkable, Although at £3.90 a pint, one was enough.IMG_1469997684.940743.jpg.d9fbdda6dd9efd

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Morrisons are doing a wee Beer Festival at the moment. Probably about 30 different bottles all at £1.50 each. Bought a half dozen today including a rhubarb saison, a raspberry blonde and a sticky toffee pudding ale.

Also bought a box of 6 different Wychwood beers for £7 in the same shop.

I think Aldi's latest festival starts this Thursday.