The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Me and a friend are at the moment in the middle of a " Big Year" of the above beverages. This was inspired by a bird watching film that starred Owen Wilson, Jack Black, and Steve Martin of all things. The rules were to keep a notebook of the above beverages and give it a mark out of ten and a taste description. The winner will be the person with the most recorded at the end of the year.

This got me thinking about P and B. There are many people who enjoy a good beer here, so I thought Id start a topic for all the drinkers to post a review of score and taste of anything they came across. To aid fellow P and B Drinkers. The beauty of P and B is that, as its all over the world there are bound to be different products to be found and hunted down.

Currently I have two of the Jerimiah Weeds in the fridge waiting to be cracked open. Will post a review later of how they were.

Edited by Zizou-5

Currently I have two of the Jerimiah Weeds in the fridge waiting to be cracked open. Will post a review later of how they were.

As a strictly lager man, I gave Jeremia a wee go last week. Nice and tasty, but not a session brew in my opinion. Too sweet.

post-19928-0-38448300-1346191153_thumb.j

A few weeks ago I tried the Ayr Brewery Companies "Doctor Hornbrooks Blonde Stout". Feckin lethal. 7.4%. Two pints max.

Have seen a great review of that but never seen it anywhere. Is it only really available in Wales?

Sadly, it is. To be more specific, it is currently only available to certain pubs in and around Cardiff. Hopefully, it will eventually pop up in pubs all of the UK.

Sadly, it is. To be more specific, it is currently only available to certain pubs in and around Cardiff. Hopefully, it will eventually pop up in pubs all of the UK.

Had been watching

's reviews and was intrigued by the stuff. Hopefully manage to get it some time.

I love my ales it has to be said.

Most of the Williams Bros. beers from Alloa are worth a try, particularly Cock O The Walk, Birds and the Bees, Seven Giraffes and Good Times. My favourite is Scottish Session (for a session, obviously) but it's not one of their regulars and it's not easy to find.

If you're looking for heavier beers with higher gravity then Broughton Ales are for you. I quite like Old Jock, although it's about 6.3% so not for a session.

McEwans Champion Ale is a belter, but at 7.2% (IIRC) it's one bottle and no more.

If you like black beers try Budvar Dark. Krusovice do a super dark beer too but it's tough to find.

Zizou, if you and your mates are going to do this for a laugh, try this site. Plenty of variety for a beer hobby and you can order single beers. Good luck!