Lance Armstrong is he...

THE KING

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1345887658[/url]' post='6562831']

Usain Bolt is probably doping

Read this article during the Olympics, depressing really.

No suprise to me if every sprinter is doping, it's always been rife in Jamaican sprinting , bolts team mates have been caught in the past as well as ottey the greatest female jamican sprinter you can tell sometimes just by looking at the muscle mass they put on in a very short period ,,,like christie,chambers,Regis etc

Fail. He has a test at the Tour de Suisse which showed the presence of EPO. Covered up once again by the UCI. Can't remember what year off the top of my head.

Hopefully Armstrong's admission of guilt, and that's what it is, is the first in a long line of admissions that'll ultimately uncover the corrupt nature of McQuaid, Verbruggen, et al.

Why does Armstrong get the benefit of a global conspiracy to cover up his positive tests, but other cyclists don't? Btw, I looked this up from his wikipedia:

Hamilton further claimed that Armstrong tested positive for EPO during the 2001 Tour de Suisse; 60 Minutes reported that the Union Cycliste Internationale intervened to conceal those test results, and that donations from Armstrong totaling US$125,000 may have played into said actions.[91] Martial Saugy, chief of the Swiss anti-doping agency, later confirmed that they found four urine samples suspicious of EPO use at the 2001 race, but said there was no "positive test" and claimed not to know whether the suspicious results belonged to Armstrong.

So who do we trust, the international cycling organisation, or an ex-teammate who was banned due to failing multiple drugs tests? Where is the evidence? And you want to pull a "Fail" on me?

Usain Bolt is probably doping

Read this article during the Olympics, depressing really.

i haven't seen any cast iron proof of him working with memo herredia but there are links between his training group and balco.

i posted this in one of the olympic threads

here are the best 4x100m times for the usa and jamaica from the last 40 years of olympic cycles.

4x100 relay (best times in olympic cycles USA vs. JAM)

2012 (London): 37.04 // 36.84

2008-2011: 37.45 // 37.04

2004-2007: 37.59 // 37.89

2000-2003: 37.61 // 38.20

1996-1999: 37.59 // 38.82

1992-1995: 37.40 // 38.64

1988-1991: 37.50 // 38.45

1984-1987: 37.83 // 38.41

1980-1983: 37.86 // 38.75

1976-1979: 38.03 // 39.33

1972-1975: 38.19 // 39.9 m

so from 1971 to 2011 the americans took 0.74 of a second off their time then in 12 months managed to reduce it by 0.41.

since the great jamaican sprinting leap forward in 2008 the jamaicans have took 1.05 secs off their time which is about as believable as bolt going from 10.06 to 9.69 in 12 months.

and this

10 men have run under 9.80

bolt, gay, blake, powell, carter, mullings, greene, gatlin, montgomery and johnson.

5 jamacians, 4 americans, 1 canadian. 5 of them - gatlin, blake, johnson, montgomery and mullings - have failed drug tests and greene was reputedly involved with balco.

is it believable that 50% of the fastest men ever are jamaicians born post 1981?

all you need to do to know olympic drug testing doesn't work is watch carmelita jeter and the usa women's 4x100m relay team break the east german 1984 world record.

Why does Armstrong get the benefit of a global conspiracy to cover up his positive tests, but other cyclists don't? Btw, I looked this up from his wikipedia:

So who do we trust, the international cycling organisation, or an ex-teammate who was banned due to failing multiple drugs tests? Where is the evidence? And you want to pull a "Fail" on me?

because he actually had a global conspiracy! he was paying off the uci. that is a documented fact.

the reason it is lance is because no other cyclists bullied, threatened and abused other cyclists such as bassongs and simeoni who spoke out against doping. no other cyclists threatened journalists and brought fake libel cases against his accussers. no other cyclist made hundreds of millions of dollars based on the lie of his succcess.

and please stop discrediting the witnesses. do you even know who hincapie, zabriskie, andreu and vandevelde are?

You produced one single result from the 1999 Tour, he also failed an EPO test there.

There are teammates who have given evidence under oath, Hincapie for one.

1. Well thats it confirmed, nobody has ever lied under oath.

2. Where is the evidence for this EPO failed test?

3. How do these ex teammates get access to these confidential sample labs that even the top scientists don't seem to have?

Produce me some evidence of any of this. So far, I don't know if he's innocent of guilty, so I can only go on what I'm seeing. And what I'm seeing is a witchhunt. Oh, and what I'm not seeing is any evidence to back up any of the strong allegations thrown around so far.

You produced one single result from the 1999 Tour, he also failed an EPO test there.

You also said their was no evidence against him, there is plenty.

Armstrong gets the benefit as he has been a serious cash cow for the UCI & cycling in general. Huge sponsorship deals down to his utter dominance of the sport.

You should read David Millars book, a real eye opener into how sportsmen fall into the practice of systematic doping.

If USADA have nothing, Armstrong would fight it, believe me. The arrogance of the man throughout his career tells you that. No way would he give up just because he was getting tired with it. Whatever you say about him, he is a fighter, nothing changes that, certainly not him. It is a tactic admission of guilt that keeps the real messy details from seeing the light of day.

Tyler Hamilton's book out soon, I just wonder what he might include.

3. How do these ex teammates get access to these confidential sample labs that even the top scientists don't seem to have?

Produce me some evidence of any of this. So far, I don't know if he's innocent of guilty, so I can only go on what I'm seeing. And what I'm seeing is a witchhunt. Oh, and what I'm not seeing is any evidence to back up any of the strong allegations thrown around so far.

if you really want to know about lance taking EPO in 99 it's all in this interview with micheal ashenden

as for the team mates. 10 people testifying that you did something is compelling evidence. especially when some of those people such as hincapie and zabriskie are very well liked and respected athletes and in the past have been great friends of lance. DZ, GH, CV and leipheimer are all likely to be facing up to the end of their careers due to admitting their guilt rather than perjure themselves. you are coming across as a tommy sheridan supporter with your arguments.

i don't understand you final point. landis's claims about a positive in switzerland in 2001 comes from being within the US postal magic circle at the time. he heard about it because he was on the team.

Tell me why anybody, riders, journalists, that spoke out against doping would be denounced by LA? Witchunt you say...

There's a thing in the pro peloton called omerta, they had too much to lose by speaking against it and those that did were shamed in public by the great man himself.

Can't provide links as I'm away from home with no laptop and poor internet connection on my phone, you'll just have to believe me on that one, I suppose you'll want hard evidence though eh?

Can't provide links as I'm away from home with no laptop and poor internet connection on my phone, you'll just have to believe me on that one, I suppose you'll want hard evidence though eh?

Well, yes.

I already looked into it. Where is the evidence of this failed EPO test? And no, a discredited cycling cheat doesn't count. How would he even know the test results? So where is the actual evidence. I don't even watch cycling and wouldn't recognise Armstrong if I saw him on the street, but I'm not going to claim he is a drugs cheat when there is no actual evidence of it. And yes, I produced a result from 1999. In the article where it is explained, this is described as his only positive drugs test result, and even then, wasn't at the level to produce an actual positive sample.

Well, yes.

I already looked into it. Where is the evidence of this failed EPO test? And no, a discredited cycling cheat doesn't count. How would he even know the test results? So where is the actual evidence. I don't even watch cycling and wouldn't recognise Armstrong if I saw him on the street, but I'm not going to claim he is a drugs cheat when there is no actual evidence of it. And yes, I produced a result from 1999. In the article where it is explained, this is described as his only positive drugs test result, and even then, wasn't at the level to produce an actual positive sample.

did you read the interview i linked to?

You conveniently ignored the part where I said he has admitted to it, he knows that USADA are holding hard facts that would bring his entire empire crumbling down.

TBH though if you wouldn't even recognise him then I don't see the point of this conversation going any further. Run along back to GN :)

Armstrong gets the benefit as he has been a serious cash cow for the UCI & cycling in general. Huge sponsorship deals down to his utter dominance of the sport.

You should read David Millars book, a real eye opener into how sportsmen fall into the practice of systematic doping.

If USADA have nothing, Armstrong would fight it, believe me. The arrogance of the man throughout his career tells you that. No way would he give up just because he was getting tired with it. Whatever you say about him, he is a fighter, nothing changes that, certainly not him. It is a tactic admission of guilt that keeps the real messy details from seeing the light of day.

I was about to say that. Millar's book graphically tells how it was his team who told him to go to Tuscany and prepare properly.

I think this could just be a decent PR move for Armstrong, lose the TDF titles but the evidence they have won't be dragged out in court. It means he saves face for himself and for Livestrong.

If I was in his situation and I knew for a fact I hadn't doped, I'd fight it all the way. Not duck out before the court case.

Okay, so lets say he fights this (again). Would that be the end of it? It doesn't matter how many times he is not found guilty, he will face the same accusations. You'll excuse me if I don't believe someone is guilty until we see some evidence.

Okay, so lets say he fights this (again). Would that be the end of it? It doesn't matter how many times he is not found guilty, he will face the same accusations. You'll excuse me if I don't believe someone is guilty until we see some evidence.

the evidence is in the ashenden interview.

did you read it?

In my eyes cycling at the highest level is/was on a par with weighlifting as far as drugs are concerned. I just take it for what it is, no point condemning 'til caught, but who knows, we might be at the forefront now after our meteoric rise to the top in the high profile disciplines, don't think so, but I won't rule it out completely.

Bolt is the 1st # 1 sprinter for a wee while that I would give more than a 50% chance of being clean.

Perhaps we should just introduce 2 classes in some sports and see what the human body is capable of with a wee helping hand.

Archived