Lance Armstrong is he...

THE KING

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news if this is true.

Lance has always been a risk taker and it would be like him to do something extreme in an attempt to turn the situation to his advantage or even just to get some revenge/satisfaction.

As i said earlier in the thread nailing the uci and nike as collaborators would be far more significant than exposing athletes.

Great news if this is true.

Lance has always been a risk taker and it would be like him to do something extreme in an attempt to turn the situation to his advantage or even just to get some revenge/satisfaction.

As i said earlier in the thread nailing the uci and nike as collaborators would be far more significant than exposing athletes.

OW has only said he gave answers she wasn't really expecting.

Nice to see it's being covered by Discovery, part of the tie up? :rolleyes:

OW has only said he gave answers she wasn't really expecting.

Nice to see it's being covered by Discovery, part of the tie up? :rolleyes:

that was my reaction to the news that he might turn on hein, pat and the money men? i do think that oprah was hinting at him coming out aggresively and owning up to a fair bit though.

wiggins has reacted to this by saying "we might as well write off the 90s". another pathetic attempt at deflection from bradley. it not even 12 months ago that he was proudly taking advice from lance.

"I don't know if I'm a favourite [for the Tour] but I'm one of maybe five riders who can do something there [overall] this summer. I said Paris-Nice was a stepping stone, no disrespect for Paris-Nice. But I must continue that progression to July now. Lance Armstrong warned me recently not to burn too many matches for July. It's certainly a long trail."

paris nice 2012

Well he admitted it, but I'd question he's actually sorry at all, he's sorry he got caught. As expected Oprah let him get away with evading the questions for the main part, I didn't expect anything else to be honest.

Will be interesting to see the reaction from the cycling press, Walsh and Kimmage in particular.

Greg Lemond not entirely impressed:

http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/lemond-not-satisfied-with-armstrongs-admission

Edit: zero remorse, Simeoni and Bassons are two others I'd love to hear from, guys he publicly embarrassed at the time.

Yep, sorry to have gotten caught but he showed no remorse for his actions. Tried to justify them by saying he was levelling the playing field - the guy's a w**k. Oprah should've grilled him more about the possibility of going to jail after showing the clip of him lying in court in 2005. Missed opportunity.

If they had any evidence on him, they would have produced it years ago. Do we have evidence that he is actually a cheat? Or is it guilty till presumed innocent?

Also, what authority do the yanks have to strip him of his titles? I got a gold swimming certificate when I was in primary school, but was taking an inhaler. Could the USADA strip me of my certificate too?

Think he just admitted it to the world there.dry.gif

Archived