Lance Armstrong is he...

THE KING

Robert Millar article on Armstrong

Really good article I thought, covers off exactly why the doping is so harmful.

Incidentally, I have a terrible chesty cough at the moment and am struggling to shake it. I googled 'chesty cough and wheezing remedy' and an article from the Livestrong website came up. Among other recommendations (herbal tea, take a hot shower) was to use a salbutamol/albuterol inhalor :huh: This is on the WADA prohibited list :lol: For fucks sake Lance! What's your recommedation for a cold, steroids, EPO and a HGH chaser?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incidentally, I have a terrible chesty cough at the moment and am struggling to shake it. I googled 'chesty cough and wheezing remedy' and an article from the Livestrong website came up. Among other recommendations (herbal tea, take a hot shower) was to use a salbutamol/albuterol inhalor :huh: This is on the WADA prohibited list :lol: For fucks sake Lance! What's your recommedation for a cold, steroids, EPO and a HGH chaser?

:lol:

Runny nose, blocked sinus'? Have a wee tate of Clenbuterol, that'll sort you right out.

i don't think the 50% haemocrit limit is of itself dangerous unless you argue that it encourages riders to go up to 60% (like riis and pantani) to gain an advantage. he also doesn't acknowledge his own doping, the mentality seems to be blood doping is bad because it can massively overthrow the natural order but all the pre 90s shit they got up to is all part of the game.

did you see matt syed laying into david millar in the times today? a much deserved boot in the arse for saint dave.

The old guard at the UCI has to go ! I mean, just how ironic is it to listen to Paddy castigating the guys who are now banned for doping, and knowing that he was part of the culture that turned a blind eye to their doping . Fuckin hypocrite ! :angry:

The old guard at the UCI has to go ! I mean, just how ironic is it to listen to Paddy castigating the guys who are now banned for doping, and knowing that he was part of the culture that turned a blind eye to their doping . Fuckin hypocrite ! :angry:

McQuaid is suing Irish journalist (and former pro cyclist ) paul kimmage for libel as kimmage has long claimed that pat mcquaid and the UCI were complicit in armstrong's doping. A lot of shit might come out then.

McQuaid is suing Irish journalist (and former pro cyclist ) paul kimmage for libel as kimmage has long claimed that pat mcquaid and the UCI were complicit in armstrong's doping. A lot of shit might come out then.

Sorry I see that point was already made a few pages back - me being lazy and not reading the whole thread again!

i don't think the 50% haemocrit limit is of itself dangerous unless you argue that it encourages riders to go up to 60% (like riis and pantani) to gain an advantage. he also doesn't acknowledge his own doping, the mentality seems to be blood doping is bad because it can massively overthrow the natural order but all the pre 90s shit they got up to is all part of the game.

did you see matt syed laying into david millar in the times today? a much deserved boot in the arse for saint dave.

Might be the same ariticle here i think outside the paywall

I read an article a few years ago where an retired cyclist from the 80s was giving it hard about all the doping in the late 90s/early 00s, the EPO etc. The interviewer said "but you doped, you admitted to it" and his reply was that before the EPO era riders did it DIY style with cortisone and amphetamines rather than the sophisticated team based doping we've seen like Festina and Lance.

Sounds like pish to me. What dope did Robert Millar use?

I read an article a few years ago where an retired cyclist from the 80s was giving it hard about all the doping in the late 90s/early 00s, the EPO etc. The interviewer said "but you doped, you admitted to it" and his reply was that before the EPO era riders did it DIY style with cortisone and amphetamines rather than the sophisticated team based doping we've seen like Festina and Lance.

Sounds like pish to me. What dope did Robert Millar use?

he had a 6:1 testosterone level indicating steroid use in 1992.

they are all epo fiends themselves, they can't exactly slaughter him.

big mig is deluded but contador's comments are fair i think. is it right that the same fans, press, uci and sponsors that treated lance like a god are now lynching him? lance is obviously a villain but he's not soley responsible for the state of cycling.

from a fans perspective we were all lapping up contador, valverde and j-rod in the vuelta even though we know they are most likely doping. what does that say about us?

Archived