Lance Armstrong is he...

THE KING

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Send the cheating c**t down

I dunno about him getting prosecuted by there was a report in the Sunday Times a few weeks back that moves are underway to reclaim some of Armstrong's prize money from the period USADA has found him guilty of doping for. This would ammount to millions of dollars.

I dunno about him getting prosecuted by there was a report in the Sunday Times a few weeks back that moves are underway to reclaim some of Armstrong's prize money from the period USADA has found him guilty of doping for. This would ammount to millions of dollars.

He lied under oath

Omega-Pharma Quick Step have terminated Leipheimer's contract with immediate effect.

levi's claim to have been clean since 2006 is the funniest part of this entire incident. does he think everyone has just forgotten the 2007 tour, the 2008 vuelta and the 2011 tour of california? :lol:

it's unclear at the moment whether or not the usada asked them about any non armstrong doping. the way the transcript told the poor wee zabriskie story i'm guessing that they weren't asked too many difficult questions about non usps doping.

team sky are apparently launching an internal investigation to find out if anyone other than barry and leinders has been involved in doping. since rogers has claimed he was training clean with ferrari and yates has said that even though he was ds of postal, discovery and astana under bruyneel he had no idea about the doping it'll be interesting to see what the outcome is. i predict yates will take a pay off and they'll stand by rogers.

Their claims will be pretty laughable if either is kept on. He can claim all he wants that he was training clean with Ferrari. It's pretty unbelievable.

But then so was hiring Leinders in the first place.

Yates has said that even though he was ds of postal, discovery and astana under bruyneel he had no idea about the doping it'll be interesting to see what the outcome is. i predict yates will take a pay off and they'll stand by rogers.

Yates failed a drugs test in 1989.

If anybody missed it, here`s a link to a programme "Peddlers - Cycling`s dirty truth" that was broadcast on 5 Live on Monday evening. 2 hours long, but well worth the listen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ngqxd

Thar was a good listen. Interesting idea raised here.

David Millar floated as a possible future UCI President? Wouldn't be the worst idea. He's been on the flip side of a doping scandal and has proven himself able to compete well since coming back clean after his ban.

He also is willing to question the people in positions of authority who seem to have knowingly allowed doping in the peloton, even calling for Hein Verbruggen to resign over all of this.

NIke have terminated their contract with Armstrong and he has stepped down as head of Livestrong.

damage limitation on nike's part imo.

the fact that they stood by him in the first place indicates that they were complicit in his doping. yesterday's revelations about lemond's wife accusing them of bribing the uci on armstrong's behalf were obviously a step too far.

it would be nice to think that this is the first step in lance owning up to the entire affair but no doubt the money men will be managing him carefully to ensure he doesn't go off the reservation landis style. nike must have known that lance and other athletes they promoted were doping. at the usa olympic trials this year nike hosted mark block in their vip suite who is supposed to banned from sport due to balco but is involved with carmelita jeter (a mega roided nike athlete)

Thar was a good listen. Interesting idea raised here.

David Millar floated as a possible future UCI President? Wouldn't be the worst idea. He's been on the flip side of a doping scandal and has proven himself able to compete well since coming back clean after his ban.

He also is willing to question the people in positions of authority who seem to have knowingly allowed doping in the peloton, even calling for Hein Verbruggen to resign over all of this.

here's what millar said in 2010 when landis made his allegations in 2010.

"He's reached the end of the road and I just find it disgusting," said Millar from his home training base in Girona, Spain. "He has nothing left in cycling so he just wants to burn the house down."

does that sound like the words of a man who honestly wants to clean up cycling.

millar will do whatever makes him the most money and gives him the most attention. when that involved taking epo he did that, when it involved coming back and sitting saying nothing while on a doping team he did that and now when it involves attacking the uci and securing himself a place in the media it is doing that.

if millar was honest he would have spoken out against armstrong's comeback. he has never fully disclosed his doping in the same way that landis and hamilton have or been anywhere near as honest as someone like bassons. f**k david millar.

also note that ashenden has hinted he believes garmin are doping. does anyone believe that a clean team could get top five finishes in 2008 and 2009 plus top ten in 2010 and 2011 with four different riders?

also note that ashenden has hinted he believes garmin are doping. does anyone believe that a clean team could get top five finishes in 2008 and 2009 plus top ten in 2010 and 2011 with four different riders?

With one of those riders finishing 4th overall being Christian Van de Velde surely you are not suggesting that the GB Golden Boy Bradley Wiggins would be involved in anything related to doping considering how vocal he has been about it.

I do say that with a great deal of sarcasm. As was pointed out in the Tour de France thread during the summer I had stated categorically the year before that Wiggins would never win the Tour because I did not feel that he was good enough rider abd his 4th place in 2009 was a fluke. People are quick to say they always suspected Armstrong was doping because he came from nowhere to win the Tour in 99 having been a "middle of the road racer". Well if you look at Wiggins Tour de France career

2006 - 123rd

2007 - abandoned

2008 - didn't enter

2009 - 4th

2010 - 24th

2011 - abandonded

2012 - 1st

Prior to winning the Tour in 99 Armstrong had been World Road Race Champion and had several stage wins in the Tour and in many of the Classics. Wiggins only had a handful of Time Trial wins ... and yet very few find this suspicious.

Archived