Lance Armstrong is he...

THE KING

Where's XBL?

Been dipping in and out of this thread for ages now, fascinating stuff.

Think he just admitted it to the world there.dry.gif

Yep, and as I said back when the evidence came out:

It looks pretty damning, now they've finally released some of the evidence. I do question how Armstrong, even before winning the tour, was able to become some sort of mafia figure, but most of the evidence seems pretty clearcut.

I didn't judge before the evidence had been released, as most existing "evidence" was based on hearsay from proven liars, and untrue rumours, but after the evidence was finally reported a few months, then I formed an opinion based on actual fact. The confession just really confirms my view.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, and as I said back when the evidence came out:

I didn't judge before the evidence had been released, as most existing "evidence" was based on hearsay from proven liars, and untrue rumours, but after the evidence was finally reported a few months, then I formed an opinion based on actual fact. The confession just really confirms my view.

I'll forgive you, you were quite clearly out of your depth in a subject you don't have the first clue about, still we all make mistakes eh.

How fucking daft must he feel now?

$150 million in the bank and a good few years spent banging sheryl crow. i'd say things have worked out well for lance regardless of getting caught. living inside that lie for so long is extraordinary, there is a great movie to be made out of all of this. i knew he was doping for years before floyd came clean and it was always fascinating to see him in public knowing that everything he was doing was a lie and that everyone wearing his band and reading his books were being duped. the man is an extremely fascinating pyschopath.

he's clearly still lying by claiming to be clean in 2009 and 2010 but he's probably trying to avoid being sued by the tour down under and improve his rep in the peloton by at least keeping a bit of omerta up, sky were getting worried as well.

apparently bruyneel is still planning to appeal to usada :lol:

Fair play to the guy, he is getting it tight now. He's taking the brunt of it when it is clear that most of the top riders back then were doping.

*Edit*

I understand its to expected because he was winning and the most high profile cyclist at the time.

Fair play to the guy, he is getting it tight now. He's taking the brunt of it when it is clear that most of the top riders back then were doping.

if he had just doped and kept his head down no one would care that much. it's the deception of the way he and his sponsors promoted him and the way he attempted to destroy anyone in his way.

it would be interesting to see what the public reaction would be if the curtain ever got pulled back on a mainstream sport.

*Edit*

I understand its to expected because he was winning and the most high profile cyclist at the time.

He also went around specifically telling people how to live their lives, and, by his own admission, using his wealth to trample dissenters into the dirt. The drugs is really not the issue. It hardly comes as a surprise that every Tour De France winner in the last thirty years has used performance enhancing stimulants. It's the hypocrisy which puts him in a league of his own of "drugs cheats".

if he had just doped and kept his head down no one would care that much. it's the deception of the way he and his sponsors promoted him and the way he attempted to destroy anyone in his way.

it would be interesting to see what the public reaction would be if the curtain ever got pulled back on a mainstream sport.

I think you answer your own question. Drugs in themselves, most people don't care about who used EPO and who didn't. Most people in the US, despite what the sanctimonious sports writers will tell you, don't care about allegations of drug use in baseball - proven or otherwise. If it all came out that Leo Messi or Andy Murray (to take two names entirely at random) were in the whole Balco operation, nobody would really give a flying fig.

The idea that drug taking in sports is some kind of nefarious underworld which needs to be destroyed is pretty far away from most folk.

I think you answer your own question. Drugs in themselves, most people don't care about who used EPO and who didn't. Most people in the US, despite what the sanctimonious sports writers will tell you, don't care about allegations of drug use in baseball - proven or otherwise. If it all came out that Leo Messi or Andy Murray (to take two names entirely at random) were in the whole Balco operation, nobody would really give a flying fig.

The idea that drug taking in sports is some kind of nefarious underworld which needs to be destroyed is pretty far away from most folk.

that'll be why barry bonds home run record was greeted with delirious warmth......

if it turns out that murray has been doping or if barca are exposed (that's beyond an if for me) then i think it would cause major heartache. guys like messi, guardiola, iniesta and xavi have are considered to be great people not just great sportsmen, they are percieved as virtuous.

that'll be why barry bonds home run record was greeted with delirious warmth......

if it turns out that murray has been doping or if barca are exposed (that's beyond an if for me) then i think it would cause major heartache. guys like messi, guardiola, iniesta and xavi have are considered to be great people not just great sportsmen, they are percieved as virtuous.

I disagree on both counts. Not sure why Bonds name comes up here, Mark McGwire is a better example. Don't think anyone particularly hold his admitted steroid use against him. There are different issues at hand here; taking drugs in sport is not really seen as immoral act.

People are generally quite accepting of cortisone injections, for example.

I'll forgive you, you were quite clearly out of your depth in a subject you don't have the first clue about, still we all make mistakes eh.

Well yes, I did say at the time that I didn't really follow cycling, and as 1've pointed out, there wasnt any real evidence available. Now there is.

Observe, changing my opinion, based on new evidence. That shouldn't be seen as a novelty, yet on p&b it apparently is!

LA has now admitted to what he did.it was really beyond the realms of belief that he won those seven tours clean but some chose to bury their heads in the sand.Tell you what,going on about hypocrites,i find the entire cycling press utterly contemptable-the grovelling and fawning and sucking up when he made his comeback followed by the knives out now,theyre as big a bunch of cowards as the MPs who spent years sucking up to Murdoch then fell over themselves to denounce him

1358540072[/url]' post='6996254']

Guardiola is a drugs cheat, was banned for using Nandrolone.

I must say I quite enjoyed the first part of the show. It was never going to be the most forensic examination but Oprah Winfrey had obviously done a bit of swotting up and asked some pertinent questions.

Obviously he was still pretty evasive on a lot of issues, sticking to the omerta and dodging the issue of the corruption in the UCI but the show was a worthwhile exercise purely to hear his yes/no answers right at the start of the interview. Watching him cringe and squirm at some of the recorded sections was an eye opener as well.

Edit (I'm too boring to stay up till all hours so will be watching the 2nd part tonight so I don't want to know what happened at the end!)

Archived