Lance Armstrong is he...

THE KING

The UCI are personally suing Paul Kimmage for libel and are asking him to pay for full page apology adverts in the Times and the French press after some of his coverage of the Armstrong affair.

they are unbelievably out of touch.

there is no way the times or le monde will take money money from kimmage or print an apology to mcquaid and verbruggen. going by what i've seen from times and guardian journalists over the last couple of weeks those papers reaction to this will be to dig further into uci corruption.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The UCI are personally suing Paul Kimmage for libel and are asking him to pay for full page apology adverts in the Times and the French press after some of his coverage of the Armstrong affair.

I can't wait for this one hitting the courts.

• 2 weeks later...

nothing we didn't know.

armstrong released his data in 2009 and people in the cycling news clinic immediately jumped on it as dodgy as they also did when wiggins released his data that same year.

we also know that these kind of blood values aren't proof enough to get a doping conviction at cas due to the contador case. there is a fair chance that most GC contenders show similar shady values but fall short of the standard of proof needed to prove blood doping.

jonathon vaughters released hysedjal's data from earlier this year and there were issues raised with that pertaining to his values in the third week of the giro which suggested top ups. you would wonder why garmin would give out blood values that suggest their rider is cheating but then you have to remember that it took 7 years from the definite proof of armstrong being an epo user being made public until the media tagged him as a cheat.

a summation of the report is to be released shortly.

hincapie, levi, zabriskie, micheal barry, vandevelde and tom danielson all given bans.

it'll be interesting to see if brailsford or wiggins pop their heads above the parapet to comment on barry's ban, their previous comments on armstrong or leinders being let go.

My linkhttp://audioboo.fm/boos/1001448-i-never-saw-anything-dodgy-going-on-sean-yates-former-teammate-of-lance-armstrong

sky director sportif sean yates claims he never suspected anything. if anyone believed team sky were truly honest about their approach to pro cycling that is surely blown to pieces by that bullshit.

also following in the footsteps of wiggins and geraint thomas alex dowsett becomes the third sky rider to come out behind armstrong in the last 5 months.

My linkhttp://audioboo.fm/boos/1001448-i-never-saw-anything-dodgy-going-on-sean-yates-former-teammate-of-lance-armstrong

sky director sportif sean yates claims he never suspected anything. if anyone believed team sky were truly honest about their approach to pro cycling that is surely blown to pieces by that bullshit.

also following in the footsteps of wiggins and geraint thomas alex dowsett becomes the third sky rider to come out behind armstrong in the last 5 months.

Here's the Dowsett quotes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/cycling/19910165

Brailsford was on radio 5 last night as well.

What a c**t. His defence of sky signing Michael Barry was pathetic.

It summed the man up perfectly.

Patrick Lefevere's defence of Leipheimer signing with Omega is equally pathetic.

Patrick Lefevere's defence of Leipheimer signing with Omega is equally pathetic.

i remember watching a wee eurosport bit about quick step years ago and lefevere was on the bus shouting at half the team for not riding like virenque. as if it wasn't completely obvious why richard could go on a three mountain solo break.

the fact that they are trying to act naive means they are unbelievably stupid or more likely they know that the media won't call them out on their lies.

wiggins has popped up on sky news in a scripted looking soft ball interview. no mention of the fact that zabriksie, vandevelde, hincapie. barry and danielson are his ex team mates and vaughters his old boss. are we supposed to believe that bradley knew nothing?

wiggins is even claiming he never rode against lance :blink: does aicar effect long term memory?

Aye but Wiggo looks cool with his sidey's & leather jacket eh?

Saw the interview on the Sky website, they must've edited the bit out where he said he didn't race against Armstrong.

it was at 2:20 in the video. he claimed they only raced in the 2009 criterium international. i thought he looked stoned.

it's obviously handy when your team owns multiple tv channels and newspapers.

i remember watching a wee eurosport bit about quick step years ago and lefevere was on the bus shouting at half the team for not riding like virenque. as if it wasn't completely obvious why richard could go on a three mountain solo break.

the fact that they are trying to act naive means they are unbelievably stupid or more likely they know that the media won't call them out on their lies.

wiggins has popped up on sky news in a scripted looking soft ball interview. no mention of the fact that zabriksie, vandevelde, hincapie. barry and danielson are his ex team mates and vaughters his old boss. are we supposed to believe that bradley knew nothing?

wiggins is even claiming he never rode against lance :blink: does aicar effect long term memory?

AICAR - That's the name of it. I read a Shane Stokes article about that a while ago but haven't been able to remeber the name of it - reduces your body weight while maintaining your power as I recall. No test for it either...

Wiggins has lost around a fifth of his body wieight in the last 18 months or so?

hhhhmmmmmmm.............

Archived