Changing your football team?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Used to support hearts, then I started watching hibs women, then from there became a hibs fan. thx to my wife for helping me see that the hibees are the best team in scotland

So your username is hibs4life1196 but you used to be a Hearts fan?

IMG_0294.jpg

1 hour ago, hibs4life1196 said:

Used to support hearts, then I started watching hibs women, then from there became a hibs fan. thx to my wife for helping me see that the hibees are the best team in scotland

Top post IMO. No messing around, straight to the point. It's totally understandable that you switched to Hibs after seeing the Hibs ladies, especially if you were watching the Hearts ladies previously.

A guy I know was a Celtic fan since he could understand football....then one day he wanted to join me at a Livi game...gets a season ticket and ditches Celtic to support Livi....lost touch with him for a while and when we got talking again turns out he's back supporting Celtic. A few years later, when the Green Brigade were pissing off some of the Celtic support he decided he'd had enough of them and took to following Livi again....I don't think it'll shock you to find out he's back supporting the Celtic again :lol:

As for me...I was born into a Rangers supporting family and followed the trend until I wanted to start going to the football as a youngster and my dad didn't want to take me to Ibrox due to the sectarian shite. A family friend took us to a Livi pre-season friendly against Newcastle and we got our season tickets that day. Never looked back

I've always been a St. Mirren supporter but some of my mates grew up preferring Rangers and sort of just grew out of it at about 10 or 11 when they realised what they were actually all about. 

And that's the crux of it for me. Some folk as they get older, realise what they are all about and decide they want no further part of it. 

Adults who change their club or flip flop though are definitely for the watching. 

Didn't change team but rather ditched my 'big' team. Was brought up in a mixed old firm family and opted for Celtic. Went through Catholic education so majority of friends were celtic fans. Ditched the OF about six/seven years ago as I got tired of the baggage associated and concluded that both sides are as bad as each other. In that time I attended a whopping two games which were league cup. I've watched Pollok since the late 90s.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I've always been a St. Mirren supporter but some of my mates grew up preferring Rangers and sort of just grew out of it at about 10 or 11 when they realised what they were actually all about. 

And that's the crux of it for me. Some folk as they get older, realise what they are all about and decide they want no further part of it. 

Adults who change their club or flip flop though are definitely for the watching. 

To be fair, all Rangers fans used to support Rangers. bQshDtu.png

At primary school everyone supported Rangers. At 7 years old my father bought me a St Mirren school bag when I opened it up there was a St Mirren blazer badge , A St Mirren junior supporters card. That meant every second Saturday went to all away games and home games. The rest is history as they say. Thanks Dad it's been quite a journey love you. 

Growing up saints were the first team I went and saw aged about 7.

However my best mate was an Aberdeen fan so I kind of swayed to liking them too. Until I went to a Saints v Aberdeen game at love street with the same mate. I thought this is brilliant I like both teams. 1 is my local team who I've been to see and the other is my best pals team.

Aberdeen were leading most of the match but Saints scored a late equaliser and I was delighted. I could tell the delight I had for St Mirren's goal far outweighed how I'd felt about Aberdeens goal.

I turned to my pal and said that's me decided I'm sorry I'm not a dons fan I'm a saints fan.

I've never looked back.

10 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Puerile sexist comment alert !

He’s entirely correct. Hibernian are the 2nd greatest side this country has ever produced, Hearts meanwhile are lower league diddies. What’s puerile or sexist about that?

51 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I should maybe support The Rangers with some of my views on nats, eu, immigration, but their sectarian baggage drives away anybody not steeped in the loyalist sub culture they 'wade' in.  

Closet bigot.

I would love to think I picked St Mirren but they picked me. I flew 11 hours home to watch us chuck away a cup final to 9 men and when we got to the final again I didn't hesitate to fly home again. Your team is your team whether they are pish or not and as a supporter of a provincial club I always think the wins mean more to us than the successful clubs.

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

I would love to think I picked St Mirren but they picked me. I flew 11 hours home to watch us chuck away a cup final to 9 men and when we got to the final again I didn't hesitate to fly home again. Your team is your team whether they are pish or not and as a supporter of a provincial club I always think the wins mean more to us than the successful clubs.

What does a win feel like? We don't know! 

Archived