New Frightened Rabbit Single

JamboMikey

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedestrian Verse now streaming via the Guardian

http://m.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2013/jan/28/frightened-rabbit-pedestrian-verse-stream

Had a quick listen. A very different sound this time on some songs. Got to be honest and say there's a bit too much noise on some tracks for my liking. I prefer their paired back sound. Bit disappointed in Late March Death March after hearing the acoustic version up there. Just seems too happy a rhythm give the lyrics. My view might change after a few listens.

Dead Now, State Hospital, Woodpile and Oil Slick are the stand out tracks. Also like Backyard Skulls, Holy and the Housing one

Bit annoyed State Hospital made the cut, really not a fan of that. Boxing Night was my favourite of the new ones I'd heard, think that acoustic version on the previous page is fucking amazing.

Growing on me too after a few listens. Only songs I'm not too keen on are Acts of Man and December's Traditions but overall it's definitely an improvement on their last album. Backyard Skulls and Holy especially are quality.

My signed copy arrived today.

Glorious scenes.

my signed copy came today fucking excellent this album has to be at least a nomination for the mercury prize !

f**k yeah I hear you guys, in from work and it's lying on the floor! signed in a snazzy silver pen. Gonna blast this all weekend!

Archived