The LOLverpool Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Bump.
Looking tough for them to win the league now. 2 trophies in 5 years hasn’t been a great return from Klopp. 2 in 6 would be borderline disappointing. 
He needs the CL or the Fenway Sports Group might be looking for a new coach for their franchise.

I think he’ll put all focus on the FA Cup and CL Now.

The Supercup and club World Cup wins have certainly masked a few issues but I think he’ll be away back to Germany in the new year.

Regardless of how big a club Liverpool are, it's unrealistic to expect them to win many league titles against a club financially doped to the gills like City are. As long as the fans are on side with him, which they undoubtedly are, I don't see why he'd be binned.

On 02/01/2022 at 09:51, craigkillie said:

Regardless of how big a club Liverpool are, it's unrealistic to expect them to win many league titles against a club financially doped to the gills like City are. As long as the fans are on side with him, which they undoubtedly are, I don't see why he'd be binned.

I doubt they’d bin him but I do wonder about him leaving.

Fans aren’t rational and whilst some will understand why they aren’t competing, others will be starting to look for the next big manager to perform miracles and win them the league again.

I also suspect Klopp has got as much out of this team as he can and probably knows it. Every year he stays will be a year where he doesn’t win something and that will start to reflect on his reputation as a manager.

On 02/01/2022 at 09:51, craigkillie said:

Consistently picking Milner and Henderson should be a sackable offence - they are both pish.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I doubt they’d bin him but I do wonder about him leaving.

Fans aren’t rational and whilst some will understand why they aren’t competing, others will be starting to look for the next big manager to perform miracles and win them the league again.

I also suspect Klopp has got as much out of this team as he can and probably knows it. Every year he stays will be a year where he doesn’t win something and that will start to reflect on his reputation as a manager.

Where would he go though? Given the hegemony of "superclubs" now I guess it would have to be a "sleeping giant" type club like AC Milan, as I don't see Bayern, Real or Barca (especially Barca) being remotely appealing to him. 

14 minutes ago, velo army said:

Where would he go though? Given the hegemony of "superclubs" now I guess it would have to be a "sleeping giant" type club like AC Milan, as I don't see Bayern, Real or Barca (especially Barca) being remotely appealing to him. 

I think he might do a Pep and take a year out tbh, I think there was mention of him possibly doing that, it was a while back that it was spoken about though.

There’s also the case that it buys him a bit of time to wait and see what comes available. I actually could see him going to Bayern, if Nagelsmann doesn’t succeed there.

Other teams may be taken over by a few other countries before then and become superclubs as well 🤣

On 02/01/2022 at 09:38, mizfit said:

I think he’ll put all focus on the FA Cup and CL Now.

The Supercup and club World Cup wins have certainly masked a few issues but I think he’ll be away back to Germany in the new year.

Liverpool’s best scenario would be for City to win the CL which would probably mean Pep would f**k off for a new challenge somewhere. 

3 hours ago, velo army said:

How much do you think he could get to be Newcastle manager?

19 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

How much do you think he could get to be Newcastle manager?

Ooft. He'd need an armed guard from the Scouse hordes. The seethe would eclipse even that which was generated when mojo joined Rangers.

This has to happen.

On 10/01/2022 at 07:51, Jambomo said:

Absolute chancers. How many false positives do you need to say you can’t field 14 players? There’s no way they aren’t at it here.

how are they at it? its the rules set by the PL that they are abiding by.

was every other team at it? i mean teams got games called off because they had injuries with 2/3 covid cases, why the outrage with Liverpool?

50 games got postponed , then Liverpool get a game called off and suddenly there is a conspiracy.

On 02/01/2022 at 01:09, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Bump.

Looking tough for them to win the league now. 2 trophies in 5 years hasn’t been a great return from Klopp. 2 in 6 would be borderline disappointing. 

He needs the CL or the Fenway Sports Group might be looking for a new coach for their franchise.

he doesn't really need anything, look at what city and chelsea can do and compare that with what Liverpool do transfer wise, its night and day.

its not on Klopp , its on the board for liverpool failing to build from a position of strength. not everyone will be a mane or a salah, Liverpool need to bite the bullet and actually sign top players if they dont city will turn that league into the Bundesliga.