The LOLverpool Thread

I read a stat that Joe Allen completed 97% of his passes today. This might have only been during the first half but if that was for the whole game then you can't fault him too much for that display. Liverpool looked utterly dreadful during the highlights today though.

Anyway back to the point of the thread. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I searched for Liverpool and Rodgers on Twitter and found equal numbers of fans either demanding Rodgers leave or claiming that the referee has deliberately made sure WBA got the penalties that they did to give them an advantage over Liverpool. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

2 new centre halves and an actual goalscoring forward will do him fine

Uhuh, so I take it you didn't see last season where they were the best partnership in the country?

Fucking hell, this site has seen some reactionary shite in it's time but that is up there with the worse. They have problems throughout the pitch EXCEPT at centre half.

Going by the highlights, Steven Gerrard had another horrorshow. The sooner Rodgers stops playing him, the more Liverpool will improve. Charlie Adam seems a ready made replacement to me but for some reason he doesn't seem to be favoured there.

Charlie Adam seems a ready made replacement to me but for some reason he doesn't seem to be favoured there.

A fat bucktoothed Scotsmen? No idea what people have against him...

A fat bucktoothed Scotsmen? No idea what people have against him...

I'm not sure buck toothed is the problem - witness their affection for Suarez, who himself has a fine set of jaunty angled gnashers.

The fat Scotsman part is bang on the money though.

I read a stat that Joe Allen completed 97% of his passes today. This might have only been during the first half but if that was for the whole game then you can't fault him too much for that display.

A high pass completion percentage doesn't actually mean anything though. A player could constantly pass the ball back to his defenders or play 5 yard square balls to fellow midfielders, and while it would help to recycle possession, it's not going to get his team anywhere if everyone else is struggling.

John Terry had the 4th highest passing percentage in the league last season. That doesn't make him the 4th best passer in the league.

I'm not sure buck toothed is the problem - witness their affection for Suarez, who himself has a fine set of jaunty angled gnashers.

The fat Scotsman part is bang on the money though.

Witness their affection for Kenny Dalglish, a fat Scotsman.

That's what happens when you leave Charlie Adam out.

Especially for an utter diddy like Joe Allen...

It was pretty standard Suarez really, great wee player to watch but has the finishing skills of Ade Akinbiyi.

Wee Luis is one of the most overrated players in the world. His club scoring record outwith the pub league that is the Eredivisie is actually very poor.

I read a stat that Joe Allen completed 97% of his passes today. This might have only been during the first half but if that was for the whole game then you can't fault him too much for that display. Liverpool looked utterly dreadful during the highlights today though.

And I bet they were all 2 yard sideways meaningless passes which contributed nothing in any attacking sense. There is no point in Joe Allen.

?

Darren Fletcher, Steven Fletcher, Jordan Rhodes, the guys at Wigan.....

Erm, what about any of them? Are you trying to say Adam is not unfairly targeted in England? Even at Blackpool he used to get slated whenever Blackpool didn't win, even if he had a tremendous game. Who could forget Shearer "I just really hope he hasn't lost his chance" every week towards the end of the season? It's blatant bias.

Eh? You'll need to explain that one to me. Gary McAllistair was loved at Liverpool.

Times have changed, look at how badly Andy Murray is treated. The effect has rubbed off on other sportsmen.