The LOLverpool Thread

there is constant game within a game cheating going on in rugby. richie macaw and the all blacks are masters of it.

The point was that all this claim of "it's only human to always call for everything and cheat at every possible opportunity" is, um, totally false.

Used to play rugby as well actually. In football, if it goes out for a throw in then invariably there is some doubt about who touched it last. I made the point that I would always claim it, even if I knew it was not my throw in.

In rugby, there is never really any doubt about who carried the ball out or kicked it out so there is no room for rugby players to contest the decision.

Regarding your last point, I am not saying I am offering "real insight". Just saying that (guessing by your reaction) that you have no experience of playing football competitively and thus can't really offer a proper view on my opinion that footballers should be claiming everything.

So you are a cheat then? And there are plenty of contensious decisions in rugby but how often do people call for them? Never. Because "calling for everything" is not a natural reaction.

I do have experience of playing football competitively, though, but I'm not deluded enough to think it qualifies me to offer any insight. Footballers could very easily stop claiming everything. Very easily. They just choose not to.

The point was that all this claim of "it's only human to always call for everything and cheat at every possible opportunity" is, um, totally false.

So you are a cheat then? And there are plenty of contensious decisions in rugby but how often do people call for them? Never. Because "calling for everything" is not a natural reaction.

I do have experience of playing football competitively, though, but I'm not deluded enough to think it qualifies me to offer any insight. Footballers could very easily stop claiming everything. Very easily. They just choose not to.

Because we are all c***s.

Footballers could very easily stop claiming everything. Very easily. They just choose not to.

Yep. Agree completely. Footballers cheat all the time.

I've never really understood why people get all het up about incidents like Suarez when they have no problems with people claiming corners knowing that they booted it straight out of play themselves.

It was why the whole Ireland-Henry thing was ludicrous. Ireland were themselves the beneficiaries of two blatant refereeing errors in their favour in the campaign, after their player handled in the box and a penalty was given to them, and after the goalkeeper didn't handle the ball outside his area but he was sent off anyway, after the cheating Irish player claimed for it.

It's fine trying to cheat, as long as you don't whine like a bitch is the opposition cheat successfully against you. That's football.

Are you implying that I do that? Because here's a tip for you chief - I have never said that on this forum. Maybe they are bad - if they exist anywhere beyond your mind.

On the subject of cheating, over the course of a season how many yards do you think are stolen at freekicks at throw ins

The most blatant cheating you will ever see yet nothing is ever done about it

And the most easiest to sort.

The number of times you see a freekick 2 yards outside the box and the wall on the penalty spot is unreal.

The box has a 6, 12, and 18 yard marking which should make a 10 yard wall pretty easy

Edited by Gaz FFC

On the subject of cheating, over the course of a season how many yards do you think are stolen at freekicks at throw ins

The most blatant cheating you will ever see yet nothing is ever done about it

We once got an offside decision against us and the resulting free kick was taken from our own half. Tragic refereeing

The most blatant cheating you will ever see

Sorry, were we discussing something else?

Anyway, aye, Liverpool are fucking horse. Hopefully some rich foreign club puts in a huge bid for Suarez this month and Fenway decide to cash in, which both removes his stink from these shores and will also see them finish around 16th.

Do folk on here actually think Suarez should have gone up to the referee after and ask for the goal to be disallowed? I do understand that Di Canio, Klose etc. have done this in the past, but 95% of footballers in that situation would say nothing, take the goal and run. Does that mean they're all cheats?

Concede an early goal to a striker who probably gets paid more in a month than their whole team is worth.

Sounds like a dig at Sturridge, not sure why. It's not his fault he gets paid that much or they don't.

Did Paolo DiCanio not to a few sportsmanlike things at West Ham? not score a tap in? Tell the ref it wasn;t a penalty?

Didn't he catch the ball during play? But he's a Nazi so I guess holding DiCanio up as a hero doesn't quite work.

Hardly relevant to what we're discussing here since he was caught and punished.

Sorry, were we discussing something else?

Anyway, aye, Liverpool are fucking horse. Hopefully some rich foreign club puts in a huge bid for Suarez this month and Fenway decide to cash in, which both removes his stink from these shores and will also see them finish around 16th.

Since you bring up the Ghana one.. bloody harsh sending off. Didn't see the Ghana players verify with the referee, if they had benefited from a temporary suspension in the offside rules. No - every single one, as the cliche goes, "played to the whistle".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B44k3-Z9aCE

2 mins in.

Hardly relevant to what we're discussing here since he was caught and punished.

Cheating isn't not cheating so long as you get caught for it. Suarez is a filthy, rotten cheat, and has been since before he went to Them Without Shame.

Do folk on here actually think Suarez should have gone up to the referee after and ask for the goal to be disallowed? I do understand that Di Canio, Klose etc. have done this in the past, but 95% of footballers in that situation would say nothing, take the goal and run. Does that mean they're all cheats?

No, people are saying he shouldn't have deliberately handballed it in the first place.

Are only attackers cheats?

How come Suarez is a cheat because he handled the ball and scored a goal, and he and others are cheats because they dive, but defenders who pull shirts and boot attackers on halfway to stop them breaking are committing "professional" fouls?

How come Suarez is a cheat because he handled the ball and scored a goal, and he and others are cheats because they dive, but defenders who pull shirts and boot attackers on halfway to stop them breaking are committing "professional" fouls?

totally agree, how many times have you heard "thats an intelligent foul, he took that yellow card for the team there"

suarez simply took one for his team the other night

Because people don't like Suarez.

If a Scotland player had won us an international and we'd qualified for a tournament it would be 'we deserve the break'

Remember that Italy game at Hampden?

The Bale dive in Cardiff?