The LOLverpool Thread

All of which could very easily have happened under Dalglish. Rodgers has spent £50 million on Sturridge, Allen, Borini, Assaidi and Coutinho. With his own investment, a fit again Lucas and Gerrard and keeping Andy Carroll things would be going better this season under Kenny for me.

:lol:

I'm happy to be convinced otherwise?

Have you seen Andy Carroll play? I assume you watched Liverpool under Dalglish? The answer is in the question. The man is not capable of managing at the level that Liverpool want to be at in this day and age, his selection of players like Robinson, Flanagan, Carroll and Spearing bears that out.

Have you seen Andy Carroll play? I assume you watched Liverpool under Dalglish? The answer is in the question. The man is not capable of managing at the level that Liverpool want to be at in this day and age, his selection of players like Robinson, Flanagan, Carroll and Spearing bears that out.

Aye I did. Went to 33 Liverpool games last season.

Robinson and Flanagan rarely featured last season. Enrique and Johnson were quite clearly his first choice full backs. Spearing I'd tend to agree with he stuck by him especially in the absence of Lucas. Suarez was left to lead the line on his own for most of the first half of this season and Carroll would have added for me.

Aye I did. Went to 33 Liverpool games last season.

Robinson and Flanagan rarely featured last season. Enrique and Johnson were quite clearly his first choice full backs. Spearing I'd tend to agree with he stuck by him especially in the absence of Lucas. Suarez was left to lead the line on his own for most of the first half of this season and Carroll would have added for me.

We'll need to agree to disagree then as the Liverpool team under Dalglish (even at times in the half season after he took over from Hodgson, West Ham away being a memorable example) were simply not good enough tactically or in terms of getting the most from the players he had. Add to that a succession of overpriced signings who were nowhere near good enough and the evidence against Dalglish simply cannot be ignored.

We'll need to agree to disagree then as the Liverpool team under Dalglish (even at times in the half season after he took over from Hodgson, West Ham away being a memorable example) were simply not good enough tactically or in terms of getting the most from the players he had. Add to that a succession of overpriced signings who were nowhere near good enough and the evidence against Dalglish simply cannot be ignored.

Agreed! :)

He did put a team out the week after that chased Man Utd off the park. I think signing wise we can see what he was trying to do and there was strong competition for them all. Who ever negotiated the fees though - Ayre or Comolli? - well thats another story.

Liverpool are on a roll no doubt, hopefully rodgers can make them consistent instead of blowing points against epl diddies

I'm not sure where I read it (Football365 maybe?) but I'm sure that in general Rodgers has performed better against the smaller sides in the EPL this season than Dalglish did. It's noticeable that today marks the first time that Liverpool have won a game against a side that are above them in the table.

I'm not sure where I read it (Football365 maybe?) but I'm sure that in general Rodgers has performed better against the smaller sides in the EPL this season than Dalglish did. It's noticeable that today marks the first time that Liverpool have won a game against a side that are above them in the table.

Liverpool 5-0 Swansea.

Liverpool 5-0 Swansea.

I meant as in the five teams above them at the moment although reading back I can see how that would be interpreted considering it had been thrown around a lot over the past few months.

Yeah, their record against the teams in the top half was been woeful for the most part, with victories against these teams only starting to come in now.

Their record hasn't been helped by some absolute howlers resulting in dropped points, mind. In particular, I'm thinking of the Man City games here, both of which should really have been Liverpool victories.

Sturridge and Coutinho look like cracking signings so far, but Liverpool are still a few of players short of a Champions league place challenging squad. There's a pretty good first XI available, but the depth just isn't there at the moment.

Be interesting to see what happens in the summer. Whatever does happen, the signings need to be more Coutinho/Sturridge than Allen/Borini.

Edited by Michael W

Rogers is building a nice side now, as expected.

Things are going really badly for the Dalglish fluffers on the site.

Which is tremendous to watch :D

:lol:

Just you keep peddling.

This time last year we were all booking up for our 2nd trip to Wembley. Things are definitely looking up though with Rodgers and can hopefully push on and worry Arsenal/Chelsea for 5th spot.

Yeah, their record against the teams in the top half was been woeful for the most part, with victories against these teams only starting to come in now.

Their record hasn't been helped by some absolute howlers resulting in dropped points, mind. In particular, I'm thinking of the Man City games here, both of which should really have been Liverpool victories.

Sturridge and Coutinho look like cracking signings so far, but Liverpool are still a few of players short of a Champions league place challenging squad. There's a pretty good first XI available, but the depth just isn't there at the moment.

Be interesting to see what happens in the summer. Whatever does happen, the signings need to be more Coutinho/Sturridge than Allen/Borini.

In terms of getting wins over the top sides it hadn't happened until yesterday but the performances have definitely been there. It's going to be interesting to see what he does next because he now has a fairly large squad. It's a very young one though and does he give the likes of Sterling, Borini, Henderson, Allen, Shelvey, Kelly, Wisdom, Suso etc more games or make further signings. I think it is certainty though that a centre half will be his priority.