Amatuer Teams

Kujabi_Kujabyou

I've just been given a trial for a local amatuer team in Bathgate, I've never played anything more than 6/7-a-side games in pub and uni leagues and local games with the fine and upstanding citizens of Bo'ness and Falkirk. I play really only for fun, i'm not the fittest but can keep going for at least 60+ minutes, then again I'm a keeper so it shouldn't be too bad.

I was just wondering what would they be expecting, me to be amazing or just run of the mill average joe? I think i'm quite a decent keeper and people i've played with before (some are football coaches) have said i'm competent and make good saves, I'm not worried or anything about how good or bad I am I just want to have fun and make friends.

Anybody been in or are already in the same situation?

I've just been given a trial for a local amatuer team in Bathgate, I've never played anything more than 6/7-a-side games in pub and uni leagues and local games with the fine and upstanding citizens of Bo'ness and Falkirk. I play really only for fun, i'm not the fittest but can keep going for at least 60+ minutes, then again I'm a keeper so it shouldn't be too bad.

I was just wondering what would they be expecting, me to be amazing or just run of the mill average joe? I think i'm quite a decent keeper and people i've played with before (some are football coaches) have said i'm competent and make good saves, I'm not worried or anything about how good or bad I am I just want to have fun and make friends.

*Facepalm*

You'll do fine mate Im sure. Goalkeeper is a tricky position... there are alot of honking keepers in the amateur leagues so they wont be expecting anything extraordinary.. That said you'll be suprised at the quality of a few players at this level. You'll find stuff like coming for crosses and commanding your box a bit tricky if you've never played 11s though.

Who were you training with?

You'll do fine mate Im sure. Goalkeeper is a tricky position... there are alot of honking keepers in the amateur leagues so they wont be expecting anything extraordinary.. That said you'll be suprised at the quality of a few players at this level. You'll find stuff like coming for crosses and commanding your box a bit tricky if you've never played 11s though.

Who were you training with?

It was West Lothian Afc. Played last night and wasn't too bad actually the guys are all sound and I know quite a few of them from school so that made it alot easier for me. Keeper from the other team was pretty good. Yeah I found the corners a bit difficult because you forget how big the box is but I managed to deal with most crosses and 1on1s I did good on.

It was West Lothian Afc. Played last night and wasn't too bad actually the guys are all sound and I know quite a few of them from school so that made it alot easier for me. Keeper from the other team was pretty good. Yeah I found the corners a bit difficult because you forget how big the box is but I managed to deal with most crosses and 1on1s I did good on.

What was the score

What was the score

5-0 to them :D not sure what team it was but they were in the premier division and they weren't even that good we were just worse, lucky it was only a friendly. But saying that I was only in goals the 2nd half because I was the 2nd new keeper on trial.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived