The Alan Partridge Thread

Swampy

You feed beefburgers to swans.

Kevin Eldon is fantastic. I'd recommend that anyone who hasn't seen it takes a look at Big Train, a sketch show he was in. Hilarious stuff, although not in the league of Partridge.

Big Train is, indeed, hilarious. Is there not a thread about it on here somewhere? :unsure:

Yeah I remember you. You once caned me for having a chalk penis drawn on my back. Ask yourself 2 questions, how and why.

Im not driving a Mini Metro Lynne.

Lynne - Its not a Mini Metro, it's an MG.

Alan - They've rebadged it you fool.

Certainly enough room to swing a tiger in here isn't there? Wouldn't want to though - unless it'd been stunned. Even then it's going to weigh the best part of a tonne.

Not a quote but when he shows Lynne the mug Sonia bought him, with a picture of him on one side and a cat on the other is pure genius.

Edited by IrishBhoy

Well, the moderators have decided on a 'spite move' to the TV/Film ghetto - I'm as shocked as you are - but that's not going to get in the way of more Partridge wisdom.

I present today an extract from his autobiography, reproduced under the 'fair use' doctrine:

post-269-0-62627900-1344601158_thumb.png

Partridge hasn't been on TV in years, except for Comic Relief. More people will have read the book and watched on Youtube this year than TV.

lol wut?

Sky Atlantic have had two specials and are currently coming to the end of the 6 part series Mid Morning Matters.

Irrespective of that, he's a tv character, therefore you knew it would get moved.

The Mid Morning Matters series was originally on Youtube, though. It'd be like moving a lolcats thread here because ITV shows them late at night.

In any case, Partridge is a radio personality. Tony Hayers wouldn't give him a new series on the BBC. (But TV didn't leave Partridge: Partridge left TV. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.)

Edited by Swampy

The Mid Morning Matters series was originally on Youtube, though. It'd be like moving a lolcats thread here because ITV shows them late at night.

Foster Comedy site, actually, but doesnt really matter.

In any case, Partridge is a radio personality. Tony Hayers wouldn't give him a new series on the BBC. (But TV didn't leave Partridge: Partridge left TV. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.)

O...K

As pointless arguments go, this is right up there ... even for you.

It was a petty, spiteful move - much like the one made by Tony Hayers when he refused Partridge a second series.

I tell you something Sophie, you've not witnessed pure evil until you've looked into the eyes of a man who's just cancelled your second series.

Edited by dane-don

I have someone on the line who fears he may be a gay. He's married so I shall only be using his christian name. I'm talking to DOMINGO IN LITTLE OAKLEY!

*line goes dead*

Oh, he's gone. Pity. Marvelous little tapas bar there actually.

:lol: love the blissful ignorance of what he's done in that little piece.

Sophie, I'm meeting with Tony Hayers but the problem is I've got some rude daubings on the side of my car.

Can you still drive the car?

Well.....yes....that's not the prob....do you know what it says on the side of my car?

Tosser?

You're in the right ball park

Edited by pantene proV

Foster Comedy site, actually, but doesnt really matter.

O...K

As pointless arguments go, this is right up there ... even for you.

It was a petty, spiteful move - much like the one made by Tony Hayers when he refused Partridge a second series.

Give him a move back to General Nonsense, you swine!

All joking aside, one of the funniest things I've ever seen is when Alan takes Sonia to meet Bono, and eventually turns up at some sort of castle tourist attraction.

'Well these dogs are like horses, and they will be on you before Bono can whistle them to stop. Theyre the dogs the Nazis used to chase Steve McQueen.'

Edited by IrishBhoy