The Alan Partridge Thread

Swampy

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

He cancelled one glasgow gig because of laryngitis, same with his gig on Monday (canny mind where it was) the tuesday cancelles guys could have webt for wed tickets according to the ticketmaster release, but when i was there on wed the whole top tier was curtained off, 

Do you think the laryngitis excuse is genuine? My sister works for the NHS and they were offering tickets for it through some sort of NHS reward scheme for £12. I was at a Josh Taylor fight a few years ago where they curtained off the top tier, probably 4 or 5 thousand if the remaining seats were filled. 

48 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Do you think the laryngitis excuse is genuine? My sister works for the NHS and they were offering tickets for it through some sort of NHS reward scheme for £12. I was at a Josh Taylor fight a few years ago where they curtained off the top tier, probably 4 or 5 thousand if the remaining seats were filled. 

The nhs thing is called "concerts for carers" they have had tickets to absolute hunners of gigs including the queen tour etc so i wouldnt look too much into that, 

The laryngitis thing im not sure about, given he is playing every night, two nights off to recover from it seems a bit on the low side, but fucked if i know, it did look pretty full wed night tbh

They were also doing 2 tickets for £30 via itison the week before it was on as week.

• 4 weeks later...

‘Donald from Hemsby has e-mailed us to say, ‘dangerous dogs should simply have their teeth replaced with strips of rubber’. I think that’s an excellent idea and I’m going to make him our e-mail of the evening.‘

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2023 at 18:36, KnightswoodBear said:

Not sure why I've not listened to it before now, but I had a lovely day at work today listening to S1 of Oasthouse. 

Some absolutely peak Partridge. 

It’s either from Oasthouse or an audio of one his older books, but there was a line in it that genuinely still has me laughing every time it pops into my head. I had a look on Google to see if it’s quoted anywhere but it doesn’t seem to be. 

Alan is talking about bumping into a guy that he used to go to school with and gives a bit of background explaining the boy had behaviour issues etc, but the line was ‘he managed to mix a warm, friendly handshake with a genuine mental illness’. It might not be as funny written down but when I heard that for the first time in Partridges voice I was in hysterics. 

8 hours ago, DrewDon said:

'I think there's a chap over there wearing jeans. Chap of about six.'

'They get you on the old jeans rule? Nazis!'

But with excellent facilities........as had the Nazis.

• 2 weeks later...