The Alan Partridge Thread

Swampy

No way you big spastic you're a mentalist.

1) Buy the Alan Partridge autobiography.

2) Read the chapter where he describes that whole incident.

3) Almost die laughing.

That's your assignment for this weekend.

The bit in the hotel where he takes apart his Corby trouser press because he's bored has me pishing myself every time.

'Im one of the anti-cancer set, were a dying breed. Well not us, you infact. I dont know if you have cancer, but if you do, please, take the rest of the day off'

The episode where he gets investigated by the HMRC is easily the best episode.

Edited by IrishBhoy

To be honest, I'd be more pre-occupied by the fact that I was encountering a talking snake. Whether I wanted an apple or not would be a side issue for me.

You feed beefburgers to swans.

He was played by Kevin Eldon, who's a bit of a nearly-man in British comedy - he's done minor characters on a million shows and never headlined on TV himself, to my knowledge. He's absolutely brilliant. His work with Lee & Herring was just unbelievably hilarious.

Kevin Eldon is fantastic. I'd recommend that anyone who hasn't seen it takes a look at Big Train, a sketch show he was in. Hilarious stuff, although not in the league of Partridge.

Playing Gary Numan...Music for Chameleons on his air guitar.

Michael, have you ever thought suicide is the answer? Yes Mr Partridge, when ah see you all depressed and that.

The James Bond scene when Lynn says she doesn't like the Welsh ones.

We're going to the Monster Truck show, Timmy Mallet is going to be there.

Bono has one of the biggest collection of hatchbacks.......

You're not a very good Bono.

It's the vivid way I can picture the lovable wankers descriptions of things that sets Partridge apart.

"Yeah... I once ran over a rabbit over at the M5... yeah. Didn't kill the poor thing first time. Had to finish it off. With a jack".

and the one about doing an advert shoot, dressed as an exclamation mark and having to hail a cab to get home are outstanding.

"Dan's a great man. I was talking to him today on the phone and he was asking me what phone I have and I said a Motorola Timeport and he said 'that's SAAAAAADDDDD! you need to upgrade' and I said 'so do you to a new face!' He nearly soiled himself he said he was laughing so hard, he had Kenco coming out of his nostrils and that made me laugh... But my nostrils were clear..."

On one of the original radio shows when the child prodigy starts calling him 'Smelly Alan Fartridge' and he stoats him one on air

When he's chatting with the guy at Tony Hair's funeral, turns round and has 'Castrol GTX' in huge letters on the back of his jacket

Genius

Edited by bee thousand

Kevin Eldon is fantastic. I'd recommend that anyone who hasn't seen it takes a look at Big Train, a sketch show he was in. Hilarious stuff, although not in the league of Partridge.

He, among others, are magnificent in Jam. Watching them horror their way round the dark recesses of Chris Morris's mind is a treat - it is very, very dark though.

Edited by sonofjenova