The Alan Partridge Thread

Swampy

You know what? f**k it. We're having a Partridge thread. Note that this won't stop Partridgean posts elsewhere on the forum - quite the opposite.

A surprising number of Partridge fans haven't seen the Anglian Lives special. Here's part 1:

TV and Film Forum for this pish I suppose

Nup. For one thing, Partridge left TV (TV didn't leave him, no matter what anyone says) for radio, and more recently, digital radio. For another, he's a published author and motivational speaker.

The series in the Travel Lodge is one of the best things ever made for TV, they really nailed it. I wasn't overly impressed with the caravan series but it had some great moments, especially the South African guy. "Alan, you cahnt"

It's a TRAVEL TAVERN.

:D

The guy who sells kitchens (yet canna cook) in the last episode is brilliant. "A few too many blacks".

He was played by Kevin Eldon, who's a bit of a nearly-man in British comedy - he's done minor characters on a million shows and never headlined on TV himself, to my knowledge. He's absolutely brilliant. His work with Lee & Herring was just unbelievably hilarious.

:D

The guy who sells kitchens (yet canna cook) in the last episode is brilliant. "A few too many blacks".

laugh.gif

When everybody walks in and he says the same joke then Michael buts in.

"The eh spys this cook book and he says a canna cook!"

That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains that they 'paved paradise to put up a parking lot,' a measure which would actually have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song.

Edited to put in measure not move. Also this is by far the best opening line of any TV series ever.

Edited by Virtual Insanity

This, in my opinion, is the greatest ever opening 10 minutes of a comedy Tv show. It is pure gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U0RDUKLn6w

It took me until like the 6th time watching that before I noticed he says "well that's wrong" under his breath when the guy says Bobby Moore invented the skip.

"If they could afford to emigrate then they could afford to eat in a modest restaurant"

Cue mock rage from the Celtic fans...

Edit: need to add "You really should have a basic grasp of Latin if you work in... Dixons."

The man's class.

Edited by Hedgecutter