Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totti played brilliantly for Roma tonight, He's now the joint 3rd highest goal scorer in Serie A history with 216 goals. 9 goals to go until he is 2nd.

Onto the game Roma dominated the 1st half and fell apart halfway through the 2nd even though Sampdoria were down to ten men. Eder ripped the Roma defence apart, Stekelenburg fucked up big time for the goal and Roma waste so many chances.

Chievo had some decent chances tonight but didn't take them. I can't remember the goalie having anything to do other than the two goals really, and the referee made some seriously dodgy mistakes, but I suppose you could say that's the sign of a good team.

Watched the Inter vs Viola game last night.

Despite the defeat, Montella has a clear idea of the football he is trying to achieve and hopefully given time, he will achieve that.

Not sure he has the right players yet. Borja Valero is a great passer if the ball but operates much more effectively from deep rather than moving between penalty areas as he did last night. Not the most athletic or mobile player.

Inter are so lop sided with everything coming down their left. They still appear a very broken team with two units. The defensive 7 and attacking 3. Only Nagatomo really straddles the divide. Completely unable to take the initiative either. If they fall behind, their counter attacking style could be useless.

"Fucking Phenomenal!"

That was for his hat-trick, no less.

Watched the Inter vs Viola game last night.

Despite the defeat, Montella has a clear idea of the football he is trying to achieve and hopefully given time, he will achieve that.

Not sure he has the right players yet. Borja Valero is a great passer if the ball but operates much more effectively from deep rather than moving between penalty areas as he did last night. Not the most athletic or mobile player.

7/11 of Fiorentina's starting line-up were new signings in the summer. It will obviously take a while for them all to bond and whatnot, but they have started pretty well and long may it continue. Players like Mati Fernandez can't seem to start right now. Fiorentina were also without Aquilani who would have maybe made a difference - I don't know, I couldn't watch the game. It's looking good for Viola this season anyway. All they want just now is an improvement on the last two.

7/11 of Fiorentina's starting line-up were new signings in the summer. It will obviously take a while for them all to bond and whatnot, but they have started pretty well and long may it continue. Players like Mati Fernandez can't seem to start right now. Fiorentina were also without Aquilani who would have maybe made a difference - I don't know, I couldn't watch the game. It's looking good for Viola this season anyway. All they want just now is an improvement on the last two.

The overhaul of the entire squad, not just the starting team, will take time to bed down.

It's clear the direction Montella is taking them but clearly there are still issues to resolve. If they continue to play as they have in the last two games, an improvement upon last season should be achieved.

Chievo will stay up. They always stay up.

It looks like Conte's ban has been appealed and if successful he'll be back in the dugout in December. Good news I suppose, not that Juventus are particularly missing him.

• 3 weeks later...

I never seen any of it but the result didn't surprise me much. Napoli have obviously had a good start to the season but Juve, I fear, may just run away with the league this year. Going to Chievo vs Fiorentina tomorrow, should be a decent match.

I never seen any of it but the result didn't surprise me much. Napoli have obviously had a good start to the season but Juve, I fear, may just run away with the league this year. Going to Chievo vs Fiorentina tomorrow, should be a decent match.

Enjoy watching the best footballing side in Italy. 8)

Great result for Juventus and they're definitely showing title form again. Need to see the highlights.

Lazio v Milan sounds like a great game and I had Lazio on my coupon. Milan are absolutely rotten right now.

Archived