Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

as someone posted earlier,anyone in the know as to when the new season kicks off and when the fixtures are announced?starting to make the spfl look efficient

:huh: They announced it back in December. The league season begins on the 31st August

The fixtures will be announced on the 28th July

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sort of thing has happened before, with the league rules slightly adjusted to suit has it not.

Italian football could probably do, with enforced financial regulations, with a check on dodgey transfers as well. What teams aren't near the brink?

Allegri is a mental appointment for Juventus, but I don't think it's as bad as some people are making out. He did relatively well overall at Milan and never managed to finish outside the Champion's League spots (barring his incomplete final season). It's probably not the appointment most Juventus fans would have wanted, but there's not a lot of other managers they'd be able to get at the moment, and it's a better than Mancini IMO. Interesting to see how it plays out and how far they can get in the Champions League.

I'm in bari for the opening weekend of the season. Would love to get going to a game so fingers crossed it's at home! If bari are away and roma at home I'll be raging - been desperate to go to a game there and am in Rome a few days before

Allegri is a mental appointment for Juventus, but I don't think it's as bad as some people are making out. He did relatively well overall at Milan and never managed to finish outside the Champion's League spots (barring his incomplete final season). It's probably not the appointment most Juventus fans would have wanted, but there's not a lot of other managers they'd be able to get at the moment, and it's a better than Mancini IMO. Interesting to see how it plays out and how far they can get in the Champions League.

i reckon spalletti would have been an more interesting appointment. some of the football roma played with him as manager really was brilliant, no idea how he did in russia though

This sort of thing has happened before, with the league rules slightly adjusted to suit has it not.

Italian football could probably do, with enforced financial regulations, with a check on dodgey transfers as well. What teams aren't near the brink?

Actually it happens in Italy because the financial regulations are insanely strict. The way some teams are run in other countries would never be allowed in Serie A.

Probably the best place to put this given that there isn't a Serie B topic. Siena and Padova were declared bankrupt yesterday and have been thrown out of this season's Serie B (Siena) and Divisione Unica (Padova). As per usual, a new owner can buy the club title but the highest they would be able to start from is Serie D.

I was aware of Siena's money problems but not Padova's. Doesn't seem that Siena will be getting replaced in Serie B leaving the league with 21 teams. Likewise it doesn't look like Padova will be getting replaced leaving the northern group in Divisione Unica with 19 teams.

406.jpgmZnOpFExIXslOCeLQTRq3Tw.jpg

:whistle

I think statistically, interceptions/headers/etc., Astori was the best defender in Serie A last season, if not in the top three or four. Good buy by Roma but increases speculation about Benatia leaving.

Edit- Got that wrong. Here's the Tweet I saw. Still v good.

@ViciniLo: Detailed look at Astori per match averages: 2.9 interceptions (9th), 1.3 offsides won (4th), 8.4 clearances (2nd), 0.8 blocked shots (9th)

• 2 weeks later...

Serie A fixtures came out last week

Anyone know when serie b will be announced and whether it'll start at the same weekend as serie a?

Check out the new Serie A thread for 2014/15 Paul http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/215151-serie-a-20142015/

The Serie B fixtured are announced on Thursday and the first matches are on the 30th.

Archived