Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLafferty.

Irish not Scottish then. He`s actually been pretty decent. Taking Rossi off probably wasn`t the brightest move by Fiorentina. If they miss the presence of Gomez, at least Rossi is a willing runner that gives them some kind of option. As you say Inter been far stronger as the game as worn on.

If Fiorentina players hadn`t been so desperately appealing for handball at the death there, they`d have realised the Inter defence was a shambles and may have got a better shot on goal than they did eventually.

Irish not Scottish then. He`s actually been pretty decent. Taking Rossi off probably wasn`t the brightest move by Fiorentina. If they miss the presence of Gomez, at least Rossi is a willing runner that gives them some kind of option. As you say Inter been far stronger as the game as worn on.

Don't think Rossi's fit enough yet for a full 90mins yet, but with Gomez out, they're lacking in options up top.

2-1 final score. That was actually a really good game.

Edit: the Inter ultras are not in attendance for some reason, makes for a much quieter crowd.

Banned for racist chanting I believe.

Taking Rossi off probably wasn`t the brightest move by Fiorentina.

He's not fully fit and Montella wants him to be fit for the national team.

Mazzari has done some job. Making dross like Jonathan and Nagatomo into decent footballers.

That might be the worst description of a goal ever. "Pokes home"?! Aye he poked home that overhead kick :lol:

In fairness, I typed that after I'd seen it the first time. Even the commentators were surprised at how good the finish was when they saw it again.

Although the kick was from about 3 yards out, so technically it was an overhead poke. :P

How will the mighty Sassuolo fare this weekend as they host Roman giants Lazio at the Citta del Tricolore? Fans the world over will watch with bated breath to see how 'the black-and-greens' build on the momentum of their well-earned 1-1 draw with SSC Napoli.

Lazio will absolutely f**k Sassuolol because Sassuolol are shit.

How will the 'guff' Inter Milan fare this weekend as they get set for a trip to the Stadio Is Arenas to face struggling Cagliari? Fans the world over will watch with baited breath to see if the Nerrazurri can build on the momentum of their 2-1 win over one of the league's best teams and perhaps go top of Serie A.

Quite possibly, as they're actually not a bad side.

Serie A's lower half is of exceptionally poor quality right now, though. Clubs' income is generally down, and the kind of players who in the past would have been loaned out to third tier sides until their mid-20s are now starting games. (Italian football is weird like this: they generally blood youngsters at the top level a lot later than elsewhere.) With a very few exceptions it's a league on the slide. The same thing happened in Spain within living memory and it'll happen in other places, too.

First I've seen of Roma and I was impressed, I get a major hard on for sides with quality midfield threes playing with wingers and their midfield is fantastic. Gervinho looked a different player. Bologna were very poor though, especially defensively.

Archived