Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genoa issuing a sound beating to Sampdoria, 3-0 with a couple of minutes left. Sampdoria have had more of the ball and probably more efforts but Genoa have really restricted them in terms of clear cut chances and when they went forward they took theirs ruthlessly. All the Genoa goals were excellent, the first a volley on the turn from a wide cross, the second a neat finish following a break and square ball and the third a 20 yard free kick.

Some atmosphere in the ground as well, a cracking stadium.

I watched Fiorentina - Cagliari earlier as well. I was pretty confused as Cagliari brought on a third forward but then sat further back leading to Fiorentina scoring.

Was good to get a draw though!

I watched most of that too. Possibly the worst English-centric line of commentary I've ever heard.

"There's Vincenzo Montella, who you may remember from a short loan spell at Fulham"

Happened?

Knee injury.

Wee Francesco Lodi scored another free-kick today. Cracker. Statistically the best free-kick taker in Europe. If he could get everything else up to that level, that would be good...

Great stuff from Serie A tonight, Roma 3-1 up away to Parma with a few mins left. Roma have looked good so far this season, would like to see them mount a challenge, as they've now got quite a few of my favourite players in Pjanic, Ljajic, Strootman, and of course, the legend that is Totti.

Juve still the team to beat, but a few others are stepping up to the plate already. Terrific stuff.

Ljajic made the difference in the Derby. I'm happy with the result but I thought the red card for Dias was harsh.

Looking forward to the Milan vs Napoli game tonight.

I didn't see any of the games this weekend but I just love how Napoli proved me wrong and won at Milan. If they're still in with a chance in the New Year this could be their year as Juve are going to be distracted with a European push and I think Roma will fall away. Meanwhile Inter are guff and were lucky to draw with Juventus, IMO.

Archived