Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

Some farcical results in the past couple of days involving teams in the relegation zone. Firstly there was Catania destroying Roma 4-1, and now Sassuolo beating Fiorentina 4-3 in Florence. They were 3-0 up at half time too, I wonder if Fiorentina were told that the bank transfer hadn't gone through right.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some farcical results in the past couple of days involving teams in the relegation zone. Firstly there was Catania destroying Roma 4-1, and now Sassuolo beating Fiorentina 4-3 in Florence. They were 3-0 up at half time too, I wonder if Fiorentina were told that the bank transfer hadn't gone through right.

There's a grand old Serie A tradition of teams in the relegation zone destroying the teams in the top four in the final few games of the season.

In the Season With Verona book the last round of games saw the bottom five play the top five and the bottom five won every game.

Immobile is co-owned by Juventus and Torino, so it will be interesting if both teams would agree to a fee like that.

They've already talked to Juventus about it, I think Torino will be harder to convince!

• 2 weeks later...

Europe next season for Parma. Absolutely superb. :D

Sadly not, they've lost their Europa League place to Torino after the Italian Football Federation denied them a UEFA license for a financial "mistake" with their tax bill

They've appealed to CAS, and hope the fact they've now paid their bill means they'll be allowed in, but just now it looks like they won't be playing in Europe

Archived