Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

Apparently 50'000 empty seats at AC milans win over genoa?

What is going on there, a rangers supporter I work with said it's the same thing as what happened with them but I'm no believing him

Remember the san siro holds 80000 so thats still 30000 to watch a team thats struggling. Lot of Milan fans boycotting because they have sold the best players and not replaced them.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Juventus were so so poor after Vučinić went off, for such a great side they are so lacking in good options up front, it's a head scratcher in all honesty. Brave team selection by Stramaccioni but it really paid off after a shaky start. Can't remember the last time I saw a bad Serie A match, this one didn't disappoint.

Thought Juventus were so so poor after Vučinić went off, for such a great side they are so lacking in good options up front, it's a head scratcher in all honesty. Brave team selection by Stramaccioni but it really paid off after a shaky start. Can't remember the last time I saw a bad Serie A match, this one didn't disappoint.

It's a very entertaining league to watch. The standard may have gone downhill a little over the past few years but that has resulted in a more level playing field I think, which is why there are so many exciting matches.

Didn't get the chance to see any of the Juve - Inter game but I'll be sure to check the highlights. Chievo got totally destroyed today, which is annoying after a relatively positive start to the match. Sorrentino was to blame for a least three of the goal which was unusual because he's usual a solid enough goalkeeper. Was still a good day out though, been years since I'd been to the San Siro.

Although it may still not be the best league for high scoring matches and goal bonanzas, Serie A is no longer the humdrum snoozefest it once was. It's not all about the defence like it once was. Roma and Napoli are 2 of the finest attacking teams to watch in world football at the moment. However, the standard has plummeted. Feels like it was just yesterday where it was once a playground of superstars.

For me, Serie A was probably the best league in the world growing up. Generally I remember games being very tactical and defensive but it containted some of the greatest players of that era. I'm talking late 90's til about 2004-05. Players like Zidane, Cafu, Del Piero, Maldini, Ronaldo, Buffon, Totti, Vieri etc. Need I go on. It really was the who's who of world superstars.

Although it may still not be the best league for high scoring matches and goal bonanzas, Serie A is no longer the humdrum snoozefest it once was. It's not all about the defence like it once was. Roma and Napoli are 2 of the finest attacking teams to watch in world football at the moment. However, the standard has plummeted. Feels like it was just yesterday where it was once a playground of superstars.

For me, Serie A was probably the best league in the world growing up. Generally I remember games being very tactical and defensive but it containted some of the greatest players of that era. I'm talking late 90's til about 2004-05. Players like Zidane, Cafu, Del Piero, Maldini, Ronaldo, Buffon, Totti, Vieri etc. Need I go on. It really was the who's who of world superstars.

If the standard is so poor how did AC Milan mutilate Arsenal 4-0 last year in the CL? How did Inter win it in 2010?

If the standard is so poor how did AC Milan mutilate Arsenal 4-0 last year in the CL? How did Inter win it in 2010?

Because generally I think PL is highly overrated so it's a poor comparison. That AC team was essentially the title winning team from the previous year whereas Arsenal were 4th best club in PL. Inter were a diamond in the rough from the dying embers of the golden era. They had a top coach who is an obsessive with the European Cup.

It's probably my favourite league to watch other than the top two tiers in England but the standard of defending is laughable at times. The fact Juventus have gone 49 games unbeaten with such poor strikers at their disposal really tells its own story about where Serie A is at right now.

Apparently 50'000 empty seats at AC milans win over genoa?

What is going on there, a rangers supporter I work with said it's the same thing as what happened with them but I'm no believing him

Remember the san siro holds 80000 so thats still 30000 to watch a team thats struggling. Lot of Milan fans boycotting because they have sold the best players and not replaced them.

That's pretty much it. Having lost a lot of the old guard and players like Silva and Ibra Milan fans were expecting some replacements to come in that would generate some optimism for the season ahead. Marquee signings never materialised and season ticket sales have dropped dramatically. I think I read somewhere that they only sold about 20,000 season tickets and they also offered fans the opportunity to get refunds on their tickets after the sale of Ibra etc. to PSG.

you will agree that the italian teams are doing something less than average in european competitions nowadays

in the 90s italian teams ruled europe, now it's good if there's one going to a final every 3-4 years

btw, inter smashed the hunchbacks on saturday but I don't think they are going to lose the title.

they are probably going to play on thursdays next spring instead biggrin.gif

Because generally I think PL is highly overrated so it's a poor comparison. That AC team was essentially the title winning team from the previous year whereas Arsenal were 4th best club in PL. Inter were a diamond in the rough from the dying embers of the golden era. They had a top coach who is an obsessive with the European Cup.

Italy have had only 1 Champions League semi-finalist in the past 5 seasons.

Yes, that's 1 out of 20. compare that to England, for example, who have had 8 of the 20 semi finalists.

A total embarrassment for what was once Europe's premier league. As I said last season, they are a shadow of the league they once were now. Quite sad to see. It's very hard to see that changing in the short to medium term.

The power in Europe has shifted far away from Serie A

you will agree that the italian teams are doing something less than average in european competitions nowadays

in the 90s italian teams ruled europe, now it's good if there's one going to a final every 3-4 years

btw, inter smashed the hunchbacks on saturday but I don't think they are going to lose the title.

they are probably going to play on thursdays next spring instead biggrin.gif

Hope so! Next month is important for both teams. Now that inter are the first team to win at the new stadium no teams will be scared to go there.

Some interesting matches this weekend. Juventus currently 5-1 up in Pescara at half time which is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Tomorrow there's the Rome derby and Milan vs Fiorentina which both have the potential to be great games. I'm heading to Chievo vs Udinese which could really go either way.

Lost a hell of a lot of respect for Udinese after that one today. They're a team I always liked but I can't remember a team going down so easily as often as they did and I've seen quite a lot of football, not to mention some of the ridiculously dirty challenges they were making.

A pretty hectic weekend in Serie A it has to be said, a staggering 29 goals scored so far with one more match to be played.

Archived