Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. 11 subs means more choice of who to put on.

Well, obviously, but this is already hardly a problem with 7 subs. You've got to think more than a few teams would struggle to even name that many subs, and you can still only use 3 meaning 8 players, and possibly young players, are missing youth football.

Well, obviously, but this is already hardly a problem with 7 subs. You've got to think more than a few teams would struggle to even name that many subs, and you can still only use 3 meaning 8 players, and possibly young players, are missing youth football.

Only if it's being played at the same time, surely? huh.gif

Only if it's being played at the same time, surely? huh.gif

Well, not really no. What if it is played on the same day? You expect them to travel to a game in the morning, play it, then travel either back home or to a new location to sit on the bench? They'd be as well not there as they will obviously be in no position to play.

Or even if it is the day before or day after, you won't want someone playing twice in two days so they are not really going to be used.

I think in Scotland if you name a youth player as a substitute he can't play in the youth fixture that week, sure Gus used to gripe about that when he named 4 subs or something.

I think in Scotland if you name a youth player as a substitute he can't play in the youth fixture that week

Aye, but this is Italy, not Scotland. I'd imagine if they're allowing 11 players to sit on the bench, of which there will likely be a fair few youths, that there will be no rule which states they can't play in youth games the same week. Perhaps not.

Archived