Can we go better than 5-0 this season?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see that every Bear who posted disagreed with the tone and attitude of the OP. It was, indeed, disrespectful and an abortion of a post.

The vast majority of us just want to have a league to play in next season and will be respectful of the opposition and happy if we have an SFA license and a team to field.

Obviously we have a few idiots around but they tend not to last too long on here, thankfully.

Thank you Kincardine, all the best for the season

Was going to head over to Arran for the day tomorrow, think it'll be the computer and sky sports now.

According to STV we get licence at lunchtime. I am away to let my son make a fool out of me on the tennis court then back here for lunchtime. Hoepfully some good news for a change.

More Brechin tickets went on sale this morning...sold out in less than 30 minutes. BBC still advertising the game on Sunday so things do look promising.

Nice day for a trip to Arran. I'd still go for it. Whatever will be will be ;)

Either payday isn't until friday or you make a habit of frequenting soup kitchens. :blink:

Because I had a healthy lunch? Bizzarre.

If you must know I was going to go for a baked potato but wasnt that hungry.

Was going to head over to Arran for the day tomorrow, think it'll be the computer and sky sports now.

If you play golf, take your bats and give Whiting Bay or Lamlash a shot. Shiskine over on the far coast is a 12 holer and an absolute gem

I expect that Newco Rangers will do pretty well this year, but I also expect every other team to raise their game against them. We got pumped by Montrose last year, so a 5-0 is nothing special in Div 3.

yip and 8 -1 by montrose the previous season :( there is every likelyhood that there will be quite a few drubbings handed out by sevco this season especially if they sign the players they have been linked with , thats why i didnt want them in the league it has completely ruined the balance ,look what livingston did a couple of years ago with players of much less ability

the teams are much of a muchness and it is competative , but until you watch it week after week you have no idea how poor a standard of football is played in the division :(

According to STV we get licence at lunchtime. I am away to let my son make a fool out of me on the tennis court then back here for lunchtime. Hoepfully some good news for a change.

More Brechin tickets went on sale this morning...sold out in less than 30 minutes. BBC still advertising the game on Sunday so things do look promising.

Nice day for a trip to Arran. I'd still go for it. Whatever will be will be ;)

I'm off next week too so i'll nip over next week, wish they'd get this sorted out though.

If you play golf, take your bats and give Whiting Bay or Lamlash a shot. Shiskine over on the far coast is a 12 holer and an absolute gem

Neverr eally tried golf, recently got back into hill walking again after a bit of a gap.

Neverr eally tried golf, recently got back into hill walking again after a bit of a gap.

Started doing a wee bit myself to try and keep fit. Don't take up tennis FFS!!! Just played 2 sets against my son and i am aching all over!!

It must be a done deal or they wouldn't be selling the rest of the Brechin City tickets. I am just worried at what cost does the licence come at?

Started doing a wee bit myself to try and keep fit. Don't take up tennis FFS!!! Just played 2 sets against my son and i am aching all over!!

It must be a done deal or they wouldn't be selling the rest of the Brechin City tickets. I am just worried at what cost does the licence come at?

£1000

and removal of all ill-gotten gains!!!!

STV website has us getting a temporary license in return for agreeing to certain conditions.

What a daft question.

I'm a Rangers fan (whatever version) but I'm not sure I could even name a squad of guys who are still at Ibrox. There are several players that I don't even know if they're still there (did Goian, Edu and Bocanegra actually leave or is it still not confirmed?) and I have little idea about some of the younger guys.

Unless the membership thing is sorted out soon, they aren't even going to be able to get a good squad together.

As for strikers, I can't think of single player who is fit and is an out and out striker at the club. Little can play up front but he can also play at the back. I know Hemmings is injured and can't think of anyone else for the front line.

I don't think any Rangers fan ever thought this process would get to this stage.

No administration. Wrong.The CVA will be granted. Wrong.The SPL won't oppose readmission. Wrong.The SFL won't put the club into the Third Division. Wrong.The SFA admission process will go smoothly. Wrong.The transfer embargo that was ruled against the SFA rules can't be applied. Wrong.

NOTHING would surprise me at this stage. If Brechin won 4-0 it probably wouldn't be a shock after everything else.

I think Rangers will win but it might be a tight game as the players still don't have a clue what is happening and the morale is likely to be near zero.

I wish we'd get this walk over mentality out of our heads, some bears seem to think we'll be horsing teams left, right and centre and laps of honour after every game. Every game we play will be treated like a cup game with the opposition giving their all, we've got a long hard season ahead of us and promotion is not a sure thing.

Rangers will win the League with a record amount of points and goals scored if the likes of Black,Beattie,Shiels,Wallace,McCulloch are playing.

It is probably realistic to have Rangers as hot favourites for Division 3 but it isn't going to be 10-0 every week.

This year's team is NOT comparable to the sides that won or chased SPL championships. We're a Third Division team and While we're strong on paper the low morale at the club could be a huge factor.

If this had been a team with Naismith, McGregor and the likes in it, then it would be realistic to think about winning the league by 30 points or more but it isn't and our star signing is Ian Black, not some foreign primadonna who played for some super club on the continent.

Winning the league and getting three decent cup runs is the best we can probably hope for. The whole point of this is that Rangers fans have to be realistic and remember that we're playing Brechin in the Challenge Cup and not Bayern in the Champions League.

Last year our most emphatic victory was the 5-0 pumping of Dundee Utd. This season I'd like to think we'll have many easy games and score plenty of goals, but are we likely to frequently demolish sides, and can we do better than 5-0?

The question should be. Can we even beat Brechin?

It is probably realistic to have Rangers as hot favourites for Division 3 but it isn't going to be 10-0 every week.

This year's team is NOT comparable to the sides that won or chased SPL championships. We're a Third Division team and While we're strong on paper the low morale at the club could be a huge factor.

If this had been a team with Naismith, McGregor and the likes in it, then it would be realistic to think about winning the league by 30 points or more but it isn't and our star signing is Ian Black, not some foreign primadonna who played for some super club on the continent.

Winning the league and getting three decent cup runs is the best we can probably hope for. The whole point of this is that Rangers fans have to be realistic and remember that we're playing Brechin in the Challenge Cup and not Bayern in the Champions League.

Cant agree with that i am afraid. The Rangers might be playing in the 3rd division but they are far from a 3rd division club. They will have a team full of internationals and U21 internationals playing every week. They are full time players who will be up against part time players who should not be as fit as our players and over a long season this should tell.

The Rangers fans have to be realistic and accept that the club are playing at a level way below the standard we have become accustomed to. I am not going to sit here and lord it over the other clubs and their fans. I am going to really enjoy the season and looking forward to seeng new stadium and hopefully the money we generate will help these clubs and local businesses out. At the same time i am not going to patronise them amd tell them how good they are and how they are going to make life difficult for us..I am sure they all accept that all things being equal The Rangers will win this league quite comfortably.

As for the Ian Black point...Ian Black would be a star signing at every other club in Scotland with maybe only 1 exception. We were looking at him and Jennings when we were in the SPL!!

Archived