Can we go better than 5-0 this season?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year our most emphatic victory was the 5-0 pumping of Dundee Utd. This season I'd like to think we'll have many easy games and score plenty of goals, but are we likely to frequently demolish sides, and can we do better than 5-0?

While feeling a little uneasy about responding to your patent flaming, I think you confuse you football team with one that has a history.

I am a Loyalist, well a Unionist really as the former is not so easy to define. I enjoy history, and am an admirer of Carson and will quote him as I please.

As for your bravado, coming the 'big man' and telling me to f**k off, I'm not sure who you think you are or whether you're playing to the gallery. I seriously doubt that you walk up to people in the street and tell them to 'f**k off', if you do then you're a cretin. You don't own this forum and I understand it's free for anybody to register and comment as long as they adhere to the rules, which I have done. Of course you're free to take exception to what I write, that's you prerogative. But I won't be going anywhere because a foul mouthed idiot like you orders me too. :)

Why are you proud of quoting Frank Carson?

You are either an unsophisticated flamer or a tiresome cliche. Either way we will play with you like a small puppy, until we are bored.

PS: Your post should have ended with "to" not "too". Don't bring down the reputation of Frank Carson fans.

If this is the shape of things to come on this years forum,we are in for a long and tiresome season.Firstly your thread is disrespectful to the clubs who could have turned their backs on you and put you right out of business.

Then you start kicking off with each other,about politics from centuries back. Be careful your new boys dont freeze in the cold and shitty weather you get in some of the places you are heading to,with their cold showers,speedway tracks and hedges for windbreaks.

Last year our most emphatic victory was the 5-0 pumping of Dundee Utd. This season I'd like to think we'll have many easy games and score plenty of goals, but are we likely to frequently demolish sides, and can we do better than 5-0?

How many from the penalty sport? think we may see a record this year blink.gif

You're correct that clubs will raise their game against us, and we may face some tricky away ties. However, with the calibre of players we've got, and are expected to sign, we should be winning games easily, especially at Ibrox.

What calibre? We've got a bunch of untested kids and a handful of players with 1st team experience, also i wouldn't bank on us signing anyone yet. Our first game is days away and we don't even have a license yet and you're boasting about tanking teams.

Alloa managed 8 last season :rolleyes:

To those naive Newcomers to this league: 5 goals is rather more commonplace here than in the SPL. Lots of mistakes in defence for teams to exploit, and it's likely your full-timers will take a healthy haul of goals every couple of games, but taking that kind of result for granted before your team has kicked a ball isn't wise.

With a lot of aggravated opposing players, I wonder how many times we'll see 5 or more cards in your games.

Does it not occur to you that supporting a club like East Stirling might be more testing than following Rangers? Seriously? The latter is the most successful domestic club in the world, the former finished their 2004/2005 campaign with 8 points and a goal difference of minus 88. How dispiriting and crushing must a season like that be? Add to this the lower standard of football, the poorer facilities, the lack of atmosphere, slight media coverage, paucity of glamour ties (a good cup run might mean the odd game against an SPL side) and the prospect of being sneered at by glory-hunting locals who support one of the big clubs, and I think it's fair to say that their supporters are worthy of admiration.

Are they also worthy of the patronising shite that you spout?

I had lentil soup for lunch with a wee buttered roll. Water to drink and a wee packet of Mini Cheddars for afters, tasty.

Either payday isn't until friday or you make a habit of frequenting soup kitchens. :blink:

It was the 03/04 season that East Stirling finished on 8 points. Henrik Larsson scored the same number of league goals as East Stirling that season.

So, you're saying that Henrik Larsson wasn't any better than the Shire?

Guest Kincardine

If this is the shape of things to come on this years forum,we are in for a long and tiresome season.Firstly your thread is disrespectful to the clubs who could have turned their backs on you and put you right out of business.

Then you start kicking off with each other,about politics from centuries back. Be careful your new boys dont freeze in the cold and shitty weather you get in some of the places you are heading to,with their cold showers,speedway tracks and hedges for windbreaks.

You can see that every Bear who posted disagreed with the tone and attitude of the OP. It was, indeed, disrespectful and an abortion of a post.

The vast majority of us just want to have a league to play in next season and will be respectful of the opposition and happy if we have an SFA license and a team to field.

Obviously we have a few idiots around but they tend not to last too long on here, thankfully.

Not looking likely now, tomorrows going to be a nervy day spent hitting f5.

I really need to get out to work if i want away next week for a couple of days but i last 2 or 3 hours and then home to check here and Follow Follow.

I think a better question and one of more utmost urgency and importance is- " Can we go a season"

I really need to get out to work if i want away next week for a couple of days but i last 2 or 3 hours and then home to check here and Follow Follow.

Was going to head over to Arran for the day tomorrow, think it'll be the computer and sky sports now.

I am a Loyalist, well a Unionist really as the former is not so easy to define. I enjoy history, and am an admirer of Carson and will quote him as I please ... But I won't be going anywhere because a foul mouthed idiot like you ...

Here we go again. And just when you thought there was the chance of a fresh start ... as a football club.

Apologies to Div 3 fans. If the New Gers don't get a licence I'm guessing they won't be missed - thanks to the likes of GaryM1872.

Archived