Can we go better than 5-0 this season?

Last year our most emphatic victory was the 5-0 pumping of Dundee Utd. This season I'd like to think we'll have many easy games and score plenty of goals, but are we likely to frequently demolish sides, and can we do better than 5-0?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'll buy it......no, even though you'll have most of your side full of SPL standard players, there's no way that you'll score more than 5 goals in a game.

And just to pre-empt your next thread, you won't have the highest average crowds in the Third Division either.

Last year our most emphatic victory was the 5-0 pumping of Dundee Utd. This season I'd like to think we'll have many easy games and score plenty of goals, but are we likely to frequently demolish sides, and can we do better than 5-0?

Wee bit disrespectful to all Div-3 clubs.Wait till the season starts and how we cope.To be honest just happy to be playing against them.And lets hope everyone of them make money when they play us they deserve it.

Ps sorry we have brought anarchy to the SFL.

I mean this in the best possible away and please don't take offence but will you please please just f**k OFF!!

I was actually hoping you were a shit alias but the more you post the more i start to think you are for real.

As for a numpty like you using an Edward Carson quote :rolleyes:

Don't you think that your post is just a bit disresepctful???? Just a thought!

I mean this in the best possible away and please don't take offence but will you please please just f**k OFF!!

I was actually hoping you were a shit alias but the more you post the more i start to think you are for real.

As for a numpty like you using an Edward Carson quote :rolleyes:

That's the annoying thing about the anonymous nature of the internet, it emboldens inadequates and allows them to abuse people in a way they would never dare if face-to-face with them.

Rangers supporters have been through utter hell these last few months, even as I type we've still not received our licence from the SFA. Yet the reaction from the vast majority of supporters from other clubs is spite and shadenfreude as the comments on this board testify. Rangers supporters were not aware of, nor responsible for, the financial shenanigans that ultimately imperiled our club, remember.

I am grateful to the SFL for accepting us as members, and it pleases me that by starting at the foot of the senior game in Scotland, we can help rejuvenate the game in this country. Hopefully, and I know this sounds arrogant, our presence will generate a lot more interest in the lower leagues and all the clubs will benefit financially.

I actually have a great deal of respect for the supporters of lower league clubs, and I don't mean that to sound patronising. On the contrary, in many respects I envy you as I think the bigger clubs tend to treat their supporters as 'customers' which detracts from the experience, whilst the grounds are mostly characterless, and our games are rescheduled to accommodate the television companies. Following one of the Old Firm's also frustrating as, domestically at least, anything other than a win is really a poor result and finishing second in the SPL means a poor season. Having said all of that, I have to respect the kind of fanatical devotion that motivates an East Stirling supporter to get up and watch his side play Berwick on a cold, wet Saturday in February, particularly if they're at the foot of the table.

In short though, having seen some of the comments on here, the gloves are off. There's only so much venom and spite I can take before my patience wears thin.

That's the annoying thing about the anonymous nature of the internet, it emboldens inadequates and allows them to abuse people in a way they would never dare if face-to-face with them.

Rangers supporters have been through utter hell these last few months, even as I type we've still not received our licence from the SFA. Yet the reaction from the vast majority of supporters from other clubs is spite and shadenfreude as the comments on this board testify. Rangers supporters were not aware of, nor responsible for, the financial shenanigans that ultimately imperiled our club, remember.

I am grateful to the SFL for accepting us as members, and it pleases me that by starting at the foot of the senior game in Scotland, we can help rejuvenate the game in this country. Hopefully, and I know this sounds arrogant, our presence will generate a lot more interest in the lower leagues and all the clubs will benefit financially.

I actually have a great deal of respect for the supporters of lower league clubs, and I don't mean that to sound patronising. On the contrary, in many respects I envy you as I think the bigger clubs tend to treat their supporters as 'customers' which detracts from the experience, whilst the grounds are mostly characterless, and our games are rescheduled to accommodate the television companies. Following one of the Old Firm's also frustrating as, domestically at least, anything other than a win is really a poor result and finishing second in the SPL means a poor season. Having said all of that, I have to respect the kind of fanatical devotion that motivates an East Stirling supporter to get up and watch his side play Berwick on a cold, wet Saturday in February, particularly if they're at the foot of the table.

In short though, having seen some of the comments on here, the gloves are off. There's only so much venom and spite I can take before my patience wears thin.

Whatever happened to "No one likes us, we don't care"?

I wish we'd get this walk over mentality out of our heads, some bears seem to think we'll be horsing teams left, right and centre and laps of honour after every game. Every game we play will be treated like a cup game with the opposition giving their all, we've got a long hard season ahead of us and promotion is not a sure thing.

I wish we'd get this walk over mentality out of our heads, some bears seem to think we'll be horsing teams left, right and centre and laps of honour after every game. Every game we play will be treated like a cup game with the opposition giving their all, we've got a long hard season ahead of us and promotion is not a sure thing.

You're correct that clubs will raise their game against us, and we may face some tricky away ties. However, with the calibre of players we've got, and are expected to sign, we should be winning games easily, especially at Ibrox.

Having said all of that, I have to respect the kind of fanatical devotion that motivates an East Stirling supporter to get up and watch his side play Berwick on a cold, wet Saturday in February, particularly if they're at the foot of the table.

Patronising much?

It's called being a supporter

The Newco supporters on here have actually been, by and large, good guys so far. There are still a few bellends who should just drop the triumphalist pish and the WUMmery and learn a bit of humility, and they'll get on far better here when they do.

It was actually the same problem a lot of Clyde fans had during our demise down the leagues (two successive relegations). We took a lot of stick for our superior mentality, but now that we've embraced our diddyness everyone's a lot happier all round.

I had lentil soup for lunch with a wee buttered roll. Water to drink and a wee packet of Mini Cheddars for afters, tasty.

Bravo, a good healthy amount of calories for lunchtime.

The Newco supporters on here have actually been, by and large, good guys so far. There are still a few bellends who should just drop the triumphalist pish and the WUMmery and learn a bit of humility, and they'll get on far better here when they do.

It was actually the same problem a lot of Clyde fans had during our demise down the leagues (two successive relegations). We took a lot of stick for our superior mentality, but now that we've embraced our diddyness everyone's a lot happier all round.

Stirling Albion fans have never had a superiority complex, apart from when we're playing F*lk*rk, though I don't know why, they always pump us dry.gif. We're more likely to get nose bleeds the higher up the tables and league we go.

Patronising much?

It's called being a supporter

Does it not occur to you that supporting a club like East Stirling might be more testing than following Rangers? Seriously? The latter is the most successful domestic club in the world, the former finished their 2004/2005 campaign with 8 points and a goal difference of minus 88. How dispiriting and crushing must a season like that be? Add to this the lower standard of football, the poorer facilities, the lack of atmosphere, slight media coverage, paucity of glamour ties (a good cup run might mean the odd game against an SPL side) and the prospect of being sneered at by glory-hunting locals who support one of the big clubs, and I think it's fair to say that their supporters are worthy of admiration.

Does it not occur to you that supporting a club like East Stirling might be more testing than following Rangers? Seriously? The latter is was the most successful domestic club in the world

Edited to correct grammatical error.:rolleyes:

Archived