I am a proud owner of fish, have been for a we while now, would love to own Marine fish but just dont have the time for it, tropical for me

I have 2 Siamese flying foxes

5 Leopard Danios

5 Red swordtails

5 flaming Guppys

8 Neon Tetras

Looking to go and invest in Cichlids, prefer them to be from Africa :)

Pictures will load up soon :)

Got two goldfish out of the blue one day and they both died within three weeks. Pet shop owner said that most goldfish are retarded because of inbreeding so they're pointless.

Got two goldfish out of the blue one day and they both died within three weeks. Pet shop owner said that most goldfish are retarded because of inbreeding so they're pointless.

I got a goldfish out of the blue one day and it died within three hours (not a joke). I suppose this is why they banned giving out goldfish as prizes at the showies.

I had a goldfish once but had to flush it down the pan because he was epileptic.

He was fine until I took him out of his bowl.

Next time, just throw it back into the bowl along with a couple of lamotrigine tablets to dissolve.

Drowning a goldfish is just cruel.

We got two goldfish in February when my sister in law unexpectedly turned up with them as a birthday gift for the kids. <_<

No idea what I was doing with them, both died within three weeks or so, most likely from a combination of over-feeding and lack of clean water for them.

Boys decided they wanted new ones though so I read up on the subject a bit and then got a couple more back in March which are still going strong. :)

We bought the wee man a fish tank and a couple of gold fish. One lasted a week and one lasted two weeks. Back to the garden centre we went, spent a bit more on some other "fancy" goldfish and they seem to be doing well.

If they die i'm getting him a wee shark.

Is it normal that I've had my goldfish for 13 years now? Won it at the shows as a wean, it's been growing ever since.

Is it normal that I've had my goldfish for 13 years now? Won it at the shows as a wean, it's been growing ever since.

I knew someone who had one for nearly a decade and it was the most rotten thing you'll ever see before it died.laugh.gif

I had some when I was 4 and smashed the fishtank with a misplaced football kick in the living room.

Didn't even get a chance to flush them the dog ate them

I've always thought of aquarium fish more as ornaments than pets.

I can just about see the appeal, but I can't imagine becoming attached to them (unless I hadn't had a shag in months)..

I am a proud owner of fish, have been for a we while now, would love to own Marine fish but just dont have the time for it, tropical for me

5 Leopard Danios

5 Red swordtails

5 flaming Guppys

8 Neon Tetras

Its not really a pet though is it?

I had a tropical fish tank for years when I was a kid, the major downside is cleaning it out as it is a major operation, getting all the fish out and putting them in water the right temp etc.

However as you have fish who give live births( guppies,swordtails), watching them grow from minute babies into big fish is great. I'd highly recommend it, better than getting a dog that shits all over your garden.

Btw, wait til you see the swordtails whizzing about your tank when mating, mental

I had a tropical fish tank for years when I was a kid, the major downside is cleaning it out as it is a major operation, getting all the fish out and putting them in water the right temp etc.

However as you have fish who give live births( guppies,swordtails), watching them grow from minute babies into big fish is great. I'd highly recommend it, better than getting a dog that shits all over your garden.

Btw, wait til you see the swordtails whizzing about your tank when mating, mental

Cleaning the fish tank is straight forward, an hours job max

5 Leopard Danios

5 Red swordtails

5 flaming Guppys

8 Neon Tetras

My folks have had tropical fish for years, had all types of different kinds, certainly all the types you talk of.

House of Pisces up the Strathmartine Road is your one stop shop in Dundee, brilliant smile.gif

ETA: http://www.tropicalfish-scotland.com/

Edited by Desert Nomad

This.

Although I could imagine the G-Man taking his guppy out for a walk in its plastic bag.:(

This is a euphemism, right, Biggie?