Ched Evans

philpy

If violence was the red line as a significant crime then Steven Gerrard wouldn't have got a game after setting about an innocent bystander. You're simply all over the place here.

At the end of the day "cos... rape" isn't actually a logical basis to object to a perfectly straightforward rehabilitation process, open to the vast majority of offenders - including the vast majority of violent and criminal offenders, as well as rapists.

Of course, individuals are free to withdraw their custom as they wish: there's absolutely no need for any further action. Given Webster's (metaphorical) shoeing at the hands of Portillo on this issue, I'm surprised she's still scrambling around for relevance tbh.

Spot on.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't want a convicted rapist playing for the team support. If the team I support gave a contract to a convicted rapist I think I would stop going to see them. I say "I think" because I'm being honest and don't know what I'd do if the situation arose.

The rehabilitation issue is a red herring. No one is saying he should not work again, they are saying that it's inappropriate for a convicted rapist to have certain jobs including that of a professional footballer.

I wonder if some mysoginistic thinking is 'informing' the debate here.

I wouldn't want a convicted rapist playing for the team support. If the team I support gave a contract to a convicted rapist I think I would stop going to see them. I say "I think" because I'm being honest and don't know what I'd do if the situation arose.

The rehabilitation issue is a red herring. No one is saying he should not work again, they are saying that it's inappropriate for a convicted rapist to have certain jobs including that of a professional footballer.

The ironies astounded, considering two of your players have committed assault not so long ago.

surely in any other job he would not get a job because he is a convicted rapist? So why does he get back to playing football?

Football is not a "regulated activity" for the purposes of rehabilitation of offenders.. yet. Teachers, social workers etc are.

I dunno if I would want to return to football if I was Ched Evans. Football fans have long memories, no matter who he signs for (if he does), the fans of the other teams will have field days heaping the abuse on him.

Could you play and concentrate whilst thousands of fans are tearing verbal pieces off of you, probably non-stop?

I dunno if I would want to return to football if I was Ched Evans. Football fans have long memories, no matter who he signs for (if he does), the fans of the other teams will have field days heaping the abuse on him.

Could you play and concentrate whilst thousands of fans are tearing verbal pieces off of you, probably non-stop?

given the abuse he'd likely have gotten in jail, a chorus of shouts from the stands will seem like f**k all probably

My points were so ridiculous yet you never even countered one of them.. This is coming from the same guy who was trying to compare Ched Evans to Ian Watkins

What would happen if you were "less accomodating" towards me anyway? :D

No I never countered any of them, because I have already done it in this thread. You are too lazy / stupid to read it, this is not my fault.

I see you'll mewled over what a big baddie I am in two other P&B threads I've never even posted in. My my, you are a particularly seething little alias aren't you? Wipe you tears away and get lost.

Despite myself and in an effort to be completely fair to you, I have re-read it again and am yet to discern a point other than you think he shouldn't. Is that it? Bugger me you could have saved us all a lot of bother by just posting those 4 words.

Looks it's the wilting cowardly rape apologist still ignoring the post that sent him crying to the corner. I've stated repeatedly there should be no law banning him from playing football, (I made that distinction clear on what, page 3?) but that it should be very bad for business for any club to appoint him.

And thankfully it is looking that way with sponsors pulling out. Oh dear, it's look as if the whole world doesn't agree with your two incredulous assertions:

1) Women who speak out against rape are "mixed up wee chicks"

2) Rape isn't serious enough to affect someones career.

Unfortunately P&B has it's share of weirdos, you're a disgusting rape apologist with a horrible attitude to women.

How about dealing drugs? How about stealing from an elderly shop keeper or a small enterprise that then forces them out of business through fear or loss of revenue?

If we want to stop any sex offenders / serious offenders or any clearly defined set of criminals being professional footballers, that's fine. I may even be in support of this. But it has to be consistent and it has to be applied evenly.

Not on a case by case basis dependent on the media coverage or lack of it and not just while Supras is having his period :)

All these points have been answered, some of them several times. You've lost, and been exposed as a complete creep in the bargain.

It's supras, he's dug himself into a hole and he's still digging.

His pish attempts at intellectual bravado are sources of much merriment.

Meltdown of the year coming up.

You're not even attempting a response any more. We have another wilting coward on our hands.

Unfortunately this one used to be, or is, a teacher who is anti science and pro rapist returning to the same industry. Disgusting.

Not going to attempt any response to the examples of Dapper Laughs and the Australian pick up artist who were removed from the entertainment industry for far less? Nah, thought not, you wilting coward.

also, if evans worked in the club shop and raped someone, would you even know he had done his time and was released from jail, not a chance, he'd slip quietly back into working life eventually, probably in a different area where people havent a fucking clue who he is

Uh, yeah, which is what Evans should do. Slip away into nothing.

Being a highly paid entertainer on television and infront of thousands of fans? Of course not.

It looks like society will triumph once again, Evans will go nowhere, and horrible rape apologists will bemoan their fallen hero.

No I never countered any of them, because I have already done it in this thread. You are too lazy / stupid to read it, this is not my fault.

I see you'll mewled over what a big baddie I am in two other P&B threads I've never even posted in. My my, you are a particularly seething little alias aren't you? Wipe you tears away and get lost.

Looks it's the wilting cowardly rape apologist still ignoring the post that sent him crying to the corner. I've stated repeatedly there should be no law banning him from playing football, (I made that distinction clear on what, page 3?) but that it should be very bad for business for any club to appoint him.

And thankfully it is looking that way with sponsors pulling out. Oh dear, it's look as if the whole world doesn't agree with your two incredulous assertions:

1) Women who speak out against rape are "mixed up wee chicks"

2) Rape isn't serious enough to affect someones career.

Unfortunately P&B has it's share of weirdos, you're a disgusting rape apologist with a horrible attitude to women.

All these points have been answered, some of them several times. You've lost, and been exposed as a complete creep in the bargain.

You're not even attempting a response any more. We have another wilting coward on our hands.

Unfortunately this one used to be, or is, a teacher who is anti science and pro rapist returning to the same industry. Disgusting.

Not going to attempt any response to the examples of Dapper Laughs and the Australian pick up artist who were removed from the entertainment industry for far less? Nah, thought not, you wilting coward.

Uh, yeah, which is what Evans should do. Slip away into nothing.

Being a highly paid entertainer on television and infront of thousands of fans? Of course not.

It looks like society will triumph once again, Evans will go nowhere, and horrible rape apologists will bemoan their fallen hero.

It's not stupidity or lazyness, it's not mentally or physically straining to read a thread online... No, not "big baddie" more "40 year old virgin". Let's compare our posts in this wee exchange, it's fairly evident who the " seething" one is.

Is this you being unaccommodating btw? I'm not very good with internet hardmen, were you joking when you warned me previously or were you genuinely that raging you've been shown up? :lol:

Pro rapist, so anyone who argues for rehabilitation of offenders is pro offenders. Your Daily mail rants do contribute to the gaiety of nations keep it up.

You called me a rape apologist before, I countered with the definition of such and asked for a single post where i showed such tendencies, asked several times in fact.

You ran away blubbering and hid. "Wilting coward" ROFL . The cap fits, wear it.

Anti science? More ranting with no evidence.

You really are the king lear of the forum.

It's not stupidity or lazyness, it's not mentally or physically straining to read a thread online... No, not "big baddie" more "40 year old virgin". Let's compare our posts in this wee exchange, it's fairly evident who the " seething" one is.

Is this you being unaccommodating btw? I'm not very good with internet hardmen, were you joking when you warned me previously or were you genuinely that raging you've been shown up? :lol:

It's part of his breakdown, more to be pitied really.

So I had a wee look on page 3 and I find nothing there. But on page 2 is the post I assume you are referring to.

Nobody is saying Ched Evans should be permanently incarcerated, or sent to a desert island for the rest of his life, but does his rape conviction preclude him from the entertainment industry? Er, of course it does.

It's not as if any institution will ever be booking Ian Watkins for a gig again, and nor should it. Football is an entertainment industry, no club should be associating itself with a convicted rapist. It very much should be bad for business. If it was Messi, and he was a convicted rapist, I would not want St. Mirren to sign him. As it, football has not - and will not - miss Evans.

If he wants to disappear into obscurity working in some warehouse, who cares? But would you want him holding a mascots hand as he walks onto a pitch? Should he be earning millions from an entertainment industry? Of course not.

Which nobody, but nobody replies to for 8 days and 44 posts until...

So - is the person who neg repped this pro rape, or just pro rapists in the entertainment industry?

You quote your own post and lash out at the universe for a wee red dot and all of that silence. Utterly illuminating, thanks for that.

I don't believe the court of public opinion is good enough to decide this. It is inconsistent, it is vindictive, it is unfair, and it why we have rules to make sure that the lunatic that shouts the loudest and abuses anyone who has the temerity to disagree with their views, is kept in their place.

I do apologise unreservedly for giving you the succor of a reply earlier in this thread. It was not my intention to be the facilitator of your madness, I only hoped you haven't rubbed one out too often at the arrival of another well-intentioned if ultimately misguided and foolhardy response to your incoherent ramblings and petty abuse.

Ched Evans was discussed at length on Question Time tonight. It was basically a verbal version of this thread, without quite the same level of histrionics of course.

No supras then.

Archived