Ched Evans

philpy

Yes

At least both of them showed signs of remorse and regret for what happened

What if the Criminal Cases Review Commission finds him unjustly convicted? Should he have apologised for something he didn't do?

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's astonishing, sickening really, just how far behind Scottish football fans appear to be behind the moral zeitgeist. Whilst the blatant rape apologists like Tom McB and williemillersmoustache (mixed up wee chick, rape shouldn’t affect your career) will get the majority of attention for their disgusting views, the actions of support from others is even more disheartening. This isn’t just two absolute sickos with horrendous views of women in society; their bile is not receiving anywhere near as much criticism as it should, and indeed some are ignoring it and passively supporting it.

Using Gary Glitter & Ian Watkins to try and prove a point on an Internet forum :lol:

Dear lord.

The point is absolutely correct. Would you welcome back some rapists to professional football but not others? Be specific.
Similarly, do you believe that women who speak out against rape are “mixed up wee chicks” and that being a convicted rapist shouldn’t affect your career? Be specific.

So still no evidence of my supposed part as a rape apologist, no quotations from a post?

No recantation of your outrageous f'ck up of using mental illness as a term of abuse.?

You are a marvellous figure of fun for us all here,

The Daily Mail reader bit dear boy? I have no evidence on that but wondered how you would react to unsubstantiated allegations, you know the type of bile you spill on the forum.

Every post you have made on this thread has been blatant rape apology. The revelation that you are (or were) a teacher makes these disgusting views all the more extraordinary. Are parents aware you campaign to bring rapists back into their previous line of work?
Recently a comedian called “Dapper Laughs” was completely ostrachised from the entertainment industry, with his TV and tours cancelled, for the heinous crime of, wait for it, making jokes about rape. Apparently as some kind of character. Whilst this is clearly misplaced humour, the reaction of normal people forced him out of the entertainment industry.
But that was not the only example; a self-styled pick up artist was forced to cancel an Australian tour (even the government cancelled his visa and forced him to leave) because of overwhelming public pressure that he not perform in the country. Why? What was his horrible crime? Delivering some pretty weird sermons and the encouraging the emotional and sometimes physical abuse of women in “picking them up”. A clearly fucked individual, but no where near as bad as convicted rapist Ched Evans. One country physically banned this person from performing in their entertainment industry.
Meanwhile, we have Scottish football fans who think that Ched Evans, a convicted rapist, is absolutely deserving of a place in the entertainment industry. Why?
1) Women who speak out against rape are “mixed up wee chicks”
2) Being a rapist isn’t a good enough excuse to mess with someone’s career.
Good lord. This is like the early days of the drug legalisation debate on this site. I know I’m so utterly right, but I’m facing bizarre and illogical points from posers with an immensely fucked up view of the world, and women in particular. Never has being stridently correct been so easy, and I keep pushing this point until I (apparently single handily given the complete inaction of others) will move the zeitgeist forward. Just like I have done with drug legalisation. That was more about education; this is about exposing the views of some very sick individuals.

As per, your befuddled thought processes give merriment to the masses. Let's examine your post.

I note that entertainment has now changed to media, standard problem with illiberal types legislative creep. Here's a thought, You are in conflict with the UN Universal declaration of human rights, another sign of right wing tendencies.

Chauvinst? This ain't the 70's , even Cosmo and the Fawcett society don't use that term anymore, time you caught up with the zeitgeist.

Loving the old spirit of the age routine, the same argument is of course used by illiberal scumbags the world over to justify their odious views.

This "ahead of the zeitgeist" spiel, so you're looking to a future where "lunatic" is an acceptable form of abuse.

Aye right.

“Sign of right wing tendencies” because I don’t wish to pay to see a rapist perform? What a fucked up individual you are.
“Chauvinist” is a word that is not used anymore? What? How fucking stupid are you?
Seek help for your obvious medical issues. But aren’t you a teacher? Do you espouse these views to children? Sure, you’re teacher may be a rapist, but he’s served his time and should be able to come back with no problems. Anyone who says otherwise is “displaying right wing tendencies” and contributing to mob justice.
Good god.
No surprise you are being utterly decimated on the Creationism thread.

Yes they do. For them not to have the right you need laws or legislation. Thanks for playing.

Here is my post you have bottled three times in a row, you wilting coward.

"This is word salad"? Does this guy not realise the amount of horrendous mistakes littererd throughout his posts? Maybe he just blames it on "mixed up wee chicks".

It's nothing to do with the fact you disagree with me, you have been spluttering blatantly rape apologist views throughout this entire thread. It's a sickening viewpoint to have, definitely, but it's not my fault you have it.

Yeah, you have completely missed the point. Not surprising. People with your backward views don't tend to be members of Mensa or anything. No club should hire Evans, and no TV provider should ever show their games. Sky aren't showing repeats of Gary Glitter concerts, why pay to televise a rapist playing football?

I bet you wish you could go back and change it. Comments like "mixed up wee chick" and "being a rapist isn't a good reason to affect someone's career" will stay with you forever. Imagine if your relatives ever read something as despicable as that? Thank god you're hiding behind that anonymous veil, nobody would have the brass neck to air such disgusting views in public.

You don't like it, huh? Good, maybe you will educate yourself and stop referring to women who speak out against rape as "mixed up wee chicks".

I have said nothing to suggest that the punishments for sex offenders should be increased. Not one thing. That's another blatant misrepresentation from you. They shouldn't be employed in the entertainment industry, obviously not, it's absolutely astonishing someone is desperately arguing for their inclusion in the entertainment industry. Why do you idolise a convicted rapist?

You've lost your mind. Seek help. Your views are not only wrong they are dangerously unhealthy, and will lead to a society that's dangerous for women ("mixed up wee chicks" is what you call them) with rapists employed in the entertainment industry and idolised on television.

Understatement of the day. I see you've put it in your signature, heaven knows why, given the statement is completely accurate. I do hope it draws attention to this thread and every can see the horrible rape apologist views you have been promoting.

Your second paragraph makes no sense, but I do prefer you are directing your, clearly significant, anger towards me and not "mixed up wee chicks" who annoy you. People with your views can certainly be a danger towards society, and women in particular, but I'm not scared of your ilk.

Now answer it or f**k all. Preferably never to come into contact with any “messed up wee chicks” ever again.

Surely the circumstances of the case aren't really the issue here, he has been tried and convicted and that is that, if a football club decide to hire Evans then they have employed a convicted rapist, if you come down to the actual case itself then is it basically making a case for him?

Not saying anybody is doing this btw ,merely whataboutery.

True, convicted and then served his sentence though, how long do we judge him for his previous mistakes? What's the point in jail and rehabilitation if we don't allow rehabilitation?

Just posing questions, for what it's worth I barely understand how he was convicted, unless my knowledge is dodgy him and the friend both allege she was consentual, she says she can't remember past a certain point. Did the jury just take the girls word over the guys or what have I missed?

Just posing questions, for what it's worth I barely understand how he was convicted, unless my knowledge is dodgy him and the friend both allege she was consentual, she says she can't remember past a certain point. Did the jury just take the girls word over the guys or what have I missed?

I suspect he came over very badly to the jury. Whatever he did that night sounds pretty sleazy at best, and he probably came over that way, and arrogant. Otherwise I haven't seen any evidence against him.

True, convicted and then served his sentence though, how long do we judge him for his previous mistakes? What's the point in jail and rehabilitation if we don't allow rehabilitation?

Pretty much how I see it too. This is why I don't know what to think on the whole ched evans thing.

Why don't you read the thread where every point in this post has been addressed in depth?

Nobody is denying his right to rehabilition, absolutely nobody, but it should be absolutely untenable for him to be hired in the entertainment industry. Venues wouldn't book Ian Watkins to play a gig, no club should even entertain the thought of signing Ched Evans for the exact same reason.

Why don't you read the thread where every point in this post has been addressed in depth?

Nobody is denying his right to rehabilition, absolutely nobody, but it should be absolutely untenable for him to be hired in the entertainment industry. Venues wouldn't book Ian Watkins to play a gig, no club should even entertain the thought of signing Ched Evans for the exact same reason.

Don't forget to call him a rapist apologist now

It's astonishing, sickening really, just how far behind Scottish football fans appear to be behind the moral zeitgeist. Whilst the blatant rape apologists like Tom McB and williemillersmoustache (mixed up wee chick, rape shouldn’t affect your career) will get the majority of attention for their disgusting views, the actions of support from others is even more disheartening. This isn’t just two absolute sickos with horrendous views of women in society; their bile is not receiving anywhere near as much criticism as it should, and indeed some are ignoring it and passively supporting it.

The point is absolutely correct. Would you welcome back some rapists to professional football but not others? Be specific.
Similarly, do you believe that women who speak out against rape are “mixed up wee chicks” and that being a convicted rapist shouldn’t affect your career? Be specific.
Every post you have made on this thread has been blatant rape apology. The revelation that you are (or were) a teacher makes these disgusting views all the more extraordinary. Are parents aware you campaign to bring rapists back into their previous line of work?
Recently a comedian called “Dapper Laughs” was completely ostrachised from the entertainment industry, with his TV and tours cancelled, for the heinous crime of, wait for it, making jokes about rape. Apparently as some kind of character. Whilst this is clearly misplaced humour, the reaction of normal people forced him out of the entertainment industry.
But that was not the only example; a self-styled pick up artist was forced to cancel an Australian tour (even the government cancelled his visa and forced him to leave) because of overwhelming public pressure that he not perform in the country. Why? What was his horrible crime? Delivering some pretty weird sermons and the encouraging the emotional and sometimes physical abuse of women in “picking them up”. A clearly fucked individual, but no where near as bad as convicted rapist Ched Evans. One country physically banned this person from performing in their entertainment industry.
Meanwhile, we have Scottish football fans who think that Ched Evans, a convicted rapist, is absolutely deserving of a place in the entertainment industry. Why?
1) Women who speak out against rape are “mixed up wee chicks”
2) Being a rapist isn’t a good enough excuse to mess with someone’s career.
Good lord. This is like the early days of the drug legalisation debate on this site. I know I’m so utterly right, but I’m facing bizarre and illogical points from posers with an immensely fucked up view of the world, and women in particular. Never has being stridently correct been so easy, and I keep pushing this point until I (apparently single handily given the complete inaction of others) will move the zeitgeist forward. Just like I have done with drug legalisation. That was more about education; this is about exposing the views of some very sick individuals.
“Sign of right wing tendencies” because I don’t wish to pay to see a rapist perform? What a fucked up individual you are.
“Chauvinist” is a word that is not used anymore? What? How fucking stupid are you?
Seek help for your obvious medical issues. But aren’t you a teacher? Do you espouse these views to children? Sure, you’re teacher may be a rapist, but he’s served his time and should be able to come back with no problems. Anyone who says otherwise is “displaying right wing tendencies” and contributing to mob justice.
Good god.
No surprise you are being utterly decimated on the Creationism thread.

Too long didn't rape...I mean read, sorry.

His life is back on track, back to a full time job, on pretty good wage n still live the high life, yet he will be on the sex offenders list. surely in any other job he would not get a job because he is a convicted rapist? So why does he get back to playing football? If he said aye i did rape her n did the full time he would get back to playing? Nah he wouldnt, however by him saying oh no i didnt rape her, the club i presume are thinking oh he didnt do it lets back him even though a panel of people heard his plea etc and he was convicted.

Madness

Being on The Sex Offenders List does not automatically disqualify you from employment. It is there to help keep track of offenders and allow potential employers to know about the past convictions. They are then able to make an informed choice to employ or not. Only certain occupations would be automatically rule out sex offenders. Football doesn't appear to be one of them.

His life is back on track, back to a full time job, on pretty good wage n still live the high life, yet he will be on the sex offenders list. surely in any other job he would not get a job because he is a convicted rapist? So why does he get back to playing football? If he said aye i did rape her n did the full time he would get back to playing? Nah he wouldnt, however by him saying oh no i didnt rape her, the club i presume are thinking oh he didnt do it lets back him even though a panel of people heard his plea etc and he was convicted.

Madness

^^^ word salad

Not sure what people would prefer* - a life on BENNY FITS for our Ched?! Being convicted of a sexual offence is already a "life sentence" in various ways; no point making things worse for him out of spite.

*in before "id prefer the beast wuz ded" comments

No it most certainly isn't.

No I wouldn't.

No I don't, I never said that line at all.

Yes it should.

Aye, because baby fucking is just the same as disputed consensual sex between adults.

No it most certainly isn't.

No I wouldn't.

No I don't, I never said that line at all.

Yes it should.

No it was me. Fucking hell Supras, we should let you neck some HRT pills, drink half a bottle of gin, watch Beaches then let you decide who gets what job while you sob uncontrollably into your handbag. Shouldn't we?

Except he has been found guilty.

And is appealing or have you forgotten the nightmare of the Tonev thread already.

Archived