Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

I'm pretty sure Coca Cola sued them for Shakermaker as well. The bit with the same tune as "I'd like to teach the world to sing" used to have the same words IIRC.

Makes me wonder if Gary Glitter knew anything about Hello, which has the same tune and words as his song by the same name. :lol:

Glitter is credited on Hello. It's more a case of sampling than copying on that song though.

Noel was also sued for Whatever being too similar to this

but he says he genuinely never heard the song before.

I think this is outstanding. I was an absolute tit and paid a stupid amount for the Falling Down CD single on Amazon only to find that this was only on vinyl sad.gif

Those guys are working with Noel for his new album/project. These apparently did the album but Noel wasn't happy with it so he's put it on the back burner for a while. They also did the b-side re-mixes of What A Life and If I Had A Gun.

Glitter is credited on Hello. It's more a case of sampling than copying on that song though.

Noel was also sued for Whatever being too similar to this

but he says he genuinely never heard the song before.

Those guys are working with Noel for his new album/project. These apparently did the album but Noel wasn't happy with it so he's put it on the back burner for a while. They also did the b-side re-mixes of What A Life and If I Had A Gun.

I'm sure I read in one of the rags the other day that Noel thinks the AA album could be shelved - bad timing, the moment's gone etc etc.

Wasn't The Hindu Times a rip off of some Stereophonics song? Remember reading that somewhere.

Aye, the guitar riff sounds like "Same Size Feet" from Word Gets Around.

I think The Beta Band sued them for "Go Let It Out" sounding like "Dry The Rain" as well.

And "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady" is a blatant rip-off of Tommy Tucker's "Hi-Heel Sneakers".

Edited by groaninjock

Fantastic band, now we have good music coming from both Liam & Noel. Beady eye release some new material either this year or next year and I'm confident it will be better stuff for beady eye.My fave oasis tracks are roll with it, live forever, wonder wall, do you know what I mean, cigarettes & alcohol, f***in in the bushes.Noel ; everybody's on the run, if I had a gun, the death of you and me & aka what a lifeBeady eye millionaire, roller, three ring circus.

For the "Oasis are shite" brigade, let me set the scene. You're in your room, getting ready for a night out. You've got a new shirt and a tidy pair of shoes on, you've got the radio on and you're looking good/feeling good and looking forward to letting your hair down. Suddenly, before you've had a chance to judge what you're listening to on it's artistic merit, this comes blasting out (feel free to to turn it up loudly to help picture the situation):

Not really into it? Step as pepless as before? You're medically dead.

Edited by Guest

I'm 36 now, so when the whole oasis thing kicked off, i was 18 years old, hitting the pubs and going to gigs.

they created a scene built around being young and wearing smart clothes. my neighbour works in musical instrument distribuition, and whilst he's not an oasis fan, he and every guitar store around Britain acknowledge if it wasn't for them and the scene they created, a lot of guitar shops would have went out of business.

Put it this way, how many people in Britain play a double cut away Epiphone in a band these days... ask yourself why.

as for the music, i tend to split their albums up... like i do with the stones and their rhythm guitarists, i look at oasis and their drummers... and the alan white era wins it for me.

when you look at how DM came onto the music scene, nothing was going to touch that, it was fresh, rough and anyone could play it. Noel has said himself that he changed his songwriting for WTSMG as he had to write more ballads, as ballads are where the money is, if you get in with the geeks and saddo's you make yer money... and he did.

BHN is a mostorous album, riddled with multiple layered tracks, because they had the money, and the charlie, to do it.... when you strip it away, there is a great mix of DM and WTSMG on it.

SOTSG, they are starting to tire, but there are some belters on there, and by this point they had nailed it as a live band. Gas Panic through to Roll It Over are belters, every one of them. When you look at the fact that this album had no Guigsy or Bonehead album, you need to have some admiration for them. probably due to that tho', the keyboard really starts to take prominence in the music, and ultimately, they never moved on from that.

HC: if it wasn't for Little by Little, i really wouldn't fuss with this album, you've probably heard all the songs somewhere before, by this point.

I've just looked at the track listing for DBTT and theres actually some great songs spread right through the album, but by this point in my life, i had switched off from their music.

When DOYS came out, i really couldn't have cared less, i had heard a couple of tracks but really didn't like it, or want to spend any time liking it. then a few weeks back i was in a discount book store in the Paisley Centre and they had it for £1, so i thought, why not... turns out its actually a really great album and would probably still be getting played if i hadn't just bought the Teenage Fanclub back catalogue.

as for beedy eye? they can Foff, i have no interest in hearing them, watching them or having an opinion on them, other than, from the bits i've heard, are absolutely fckin sh!te.

NG's HFB's? got the album and love it, think it's got some great songs on it and he has built a great band around him, if this had been the 3/4 of the next Oasis album, it probably would not have got the credit it deserved, but NG has relaunched himself and has done a good job of it.

and for reference?

Ocean Colour Scene wipe the floor with Oasis. one of the best bands britain has produced both musically and lyrically in the last 20 years. You probably won't see a better live band just now, either.

I'm 36 now, so when the whole oasis thing kicked off, i was 18 years old, hitting the pubs and going to gigs.

they created a scene built around being young and wearing smart clothes. my neighbour works in musical instrument distribuition, and whilst he's not an oasis fan, he and every guitar store around Britain acknowledge if it wasn't for them and the scene they created, a lot of guitar shops would have went out of business.

Put it this way, how many people in Britain play a double cut away Epiphone in a band these days... ask yourself why.

as for the music, i tend to split their albums up... like i do with the stones and their rhythm guitarists, i look at oasis and their drummers... and the alan white era wins it for me.

when you look at how DM came onto the music scene, nothing was going to touch that, it was fresh, rough and anyone could play it. Noel has said himself that he changed his songwriting for WTSMG as he had to write more ballads, as ballads are where the money is, if you get in with the geeks and saddo's you make yer money... and he did.

BHN is a mostorous album, riddled with multiple layered tracks, because they had the money, and the charlie, to do it.... when you strip it away, there is a great mix of DM and WTSMG on it.

SOTSG, they are starting to tire, but there are some belters on there, and by this point they had nailed it as a live band. Gas Panic through to Roll It Over are belters, every one of them. When you look at the fact that this album had no Guigsy or Bonehead album, you need to have some admiration for them. probably due to that tho', the keyboard really starts to take prominence in the music, and ultimately, they never moved on from that.

HC: if it wasn't for Little by Little, i really wouldn't fuss with this album, you've probably heard all the songs somewhere before, by this point.

I've just looked at the track listing for DBTT and theres actually some great songs spread right through the album, but by this point in my life, i had switched off from their music.

When DOYS came out, i really couldn't have cared less, i had heard a couple of tracks but really didn't like it, or want to spend any time liking it. then a few weeks back i was in a discount book store in the Paisley Centre and they had it for £1, so i thought, why not... turns out its actually a really great album and would probably still be getting played if i hadn't just bought the Teenage Fanclub back catalogue.

as for beedy eye? they can Foff, i have no interest in hearing them, watching them or having an opinion on them, other than, from the bits i've heard, are absolutely fckin sh!te.

NG's HFB's? got the album and love it, think it's got some great songs on it and he has built a great band around him, if this had been the 3/4 of the next Oasis album, it probably would not have got the credit it deserved, but NG has relaunched himself and has done a good job of it.

and for reference?

Ocean Colour Scene wipe the floor with Oasis. one of the best bands britain has produced both musically and lyrically in the last 20 years. You probably won't see a better live band just now, either.

Good post.

Lets not forget The Masterplan. I know it's just a load of B-Sides thrown together, but if you judge it as an album it's great. There's so many other B-Sides that could've made it on there and it still would've been a top album.

Fair to say releasing songs which would be hits and make money took prevalance over music which would give them credibility. Who could blame them, I'd do the same. It's hard to contemplate the fact that the same band who had Listen Up, Talk Tonight, Acquiesce, Sad Song and many more B-Sides also released Lyla as a single.

Edited by Guest

For the "Oasis are shite" brigade, let me set the scene. You're in your room, getting ready for a night out. You've got a new shirt and a tidy pair of shoes on, you've got the radio on and you're looking good/feeling good and looking forward to letting your hair down. Suddenly, before you've had a chance to judge what you're listening to on it's artistic merit, this comes blasting out (feel free to to turn it up loudly to help picture the situation):

RIP me sad.gif

Sounds to me like your music tastes have never really evolved.

I used to love Oasis and went to a few gigs but grew out of them as soon as I hit my 20's. Really, there is so much better out there. People used to say they are a band for neds and I used to get annoyed at that, but they really are. Folk who don't enjoy music.

Open your mind and get involved with bands that may not be on the radio instead of having your Football Factory soundtrack on repeat before getting bevvied in the local Weatherspoons.

OI OI WHAT A LAD YOU ARE

p.s Blur piss all over them from a great height 8)

Edited by Greggy Wallace

I used to love Oasis and went to a few gigs but grew out of them as soon as I hit my 20's. Really, there is so much better out there. People used to say they are a band for neds and I used to get annoyed at that, but they really are. Folk who don't enjoy music.

Open your mind and get involved with bands that may not be on the radio instead of having your Football Factory soundtrack on repeat before getting bevvied in the local Weatherspoons.

OI OI WHAT A LAD YOU ARE

So because someone likes a band that you don't like anymore, that means they are closed minded and don't like any eclectic music, they definitely act like laddish louts and their pub of choice is the local Wetherspoons?

Rsz_1rsz_happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-_clean_-l.png

I'll continue listening to the music I like (some mainstream and "predictable", some lesser known and perhaps more original) based on my own opinions rather than what society deems sophisticated. Ta doll. :)

OI OI WHAT A LAD YOU ARE

A level of ignorance that's quite impressive given that it's a trolling post. It's near as damn the stereotype for Oasis haters, the only missing part is the namechecking of bands that are better that only the poster himself believes he's heard of. Exclusivity, man!

Blur were decent for three albums too, but Albarn disappeared up his own rectum big time. His latest 'project' is rapidly becoming a disaster.

I still fucking love Oasis.

The sheer amount of amazing tunes and albums means that in my opinion they are the greatest band ever! As mentioned above even the B-sides are quality.

My favourite outside the obvious are:

She is Love

Stand by Me

The Girl In the Dirty Shirt

Digsys Dinner

Married With Children

My top is Live Forever from the Undrugged live album with Noel singing. What a tune!

So because someone likes a band that you don't like anymore, that means they are closed minded and don't like any eclectic music, they definitely act like laddish louts and their pub of choice is the local Wetherspoons?

You just summed up the poster jamamafegan4 tbh.

alrm6u.gif

D'yer Wanna be a spaceman

It's Gettin' Better (Man!!)

Listen Up

Bring it on Down

Go Let it Out

Roll With It, Whatever and Half The World Away.

Take Me Away

Full On

Just Getting Older

Let's All Make Believe

Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders?

Thank You For The Good Times

I Believe In All

Carry Us All, fantastic tune.

Any particular reason why every Oasis song title is a pathetic, cheesed up mess?