Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

To be fair, the start of that song is class I love it.

Step Out is a new tune i've discovered on Familiar to Millions....WHAT A TUUUUNE.

I was in a record store the other day trying to find that album, but they didn't have it. I heard Step Out for the first time last night. Mad fer it.

In fairness, even I have to point out:

:lol:

That is fair. I read something last night about Noel saying he lifted some melodies/ideas from other songs. But look what he's done with that.

Compare that to the shite these days. A Rihanna track with a dubstep twist on it. Makes me fucking sick so it does.

p.s - did you notice that yourself or have a wee read of the top comments? tongue.gif

Edited by jamamafegan4

When I was a young lad I was fed mince and tatties. It is all I knew. I loved it. But once I grew up I sampled Spanish, Italian and all sorts of differing food from all kinds of cultures. It was interesting, it enriched my life, expanded my world. However, when I am really hungry, nothing beats mince and tatties.

Now I can understand people that being fed mince and tatties for a few years will never want to taste it again. But those people must understand that other people appreciate mince and tatties for exactly what it is.

I don't see why a band has to evolve. I have a wide range of differing tastes in music and I go and sample and listen to them when I crave something different. But Oasis are what they are. A guitar band that offers very little music creativity. But sometimes you like nothing better than a snarling Liam trying to sing to a guitar based tune.

Also I can't listen to the Rolling Stones Street Fighting Man anymore as I don't believe Mick Jagger could go and fight anyone. However Liam on the other hand, could easily start a fight with his reflection.

That is fair. I read something last night about Noel saying he lifted some melodies/ideas from other songs. But look what he's done with that.

Compare that to the shite these days. A Rihanna track with a dubstep twist on it. Makes me fucking sick so it does.

p.s - did you notice that yourself or have a wee read of the top comments? tongue.gif

The first time I heard Step Out I really liked it. Sometimes songs need a few listens, but with this song it wasn't the case because I'd basically heard it before. :lol:

So yes, I did notice myself. Still a catchy tune though, and as you've said it's no worse than hip hop, RnB fuds constantly raping songs.

When I was a young lad I was fed mince and tatties. It is all I knew. I loved it. But once I grew up I sampled Spanish, Italian and all sorts of differing food from all kinds of cultures. It was interesting, it enriched my life, expanded my world. However, when I am really hungry, nothing beats mince and tatties.

Now I can understand people that being fed mince and tatties for a few years will never want to taste it again. But those people must understand that other people appreciate mince and tatties for exactly what it is.

I don't see why a band has to evolve. I have a wide range of differing tastes in music and I go and sample and listen to them when I crave something different. But Oasis are what they are. A guitar band that offers very little music creativity. But sometimes you like nothing better than a snarling Liam trying to sing to a guitar based tune.

Also I can't listen to the Rolling Stones Street Fighting Man anymore as I don't believe Mick Jagger could go and fight anyone. However Liam on the other hand, could easily start a fight with his reflection.

This sums it up for me.

Oasis were far from being the most original, talented and diverse band ever. They're like a simple to make fry up compared to Radiohead's quiche. It requires more talent and skill to make quiche, but sometimes you just want a big f**k off fried breakfast.

Oasis are more about attitude than music, in my opinion. There comes a point on a night out when you've sank your bottle of wine and tried your hand at the bottle of mad dog that someone left behind as they went for bed and it's this here and now when you just need to blast some oasis for all the world the hear, snarling the lyrics into any object that sits at just about nose-height with your hands clasped behind your back.

Mad fer it.

Edited by bullywee

In fairness, even I have to point out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrfV0-oVMe8

:lol:

I may be wrong, but I think that's the reason Step Out wasn't on (What's The Story) Morning Glory. Creation were still waiting for the outcome of discussions with Stevie Wonder's publishing company on whether they could release the song at all, but they needed to release the album, so it got bumped in favour of something else.

And I think Step Out is credited to Gallagher/Wonder.

I may be wrong, but I think that's the reason Step Out wasn't on (What's The Story) Morning Glory. Creation were still waiting for the outcome of discussions with Stevie Wonder's publishing company on whether they could release the song at all, but they needed to release the album, so it got bumped in favour of something else.

Aye, you're right mate. Remember reading this in an Oasis book recently.

I hope they play 'Live Forever' at Noel Gallagher's funeral.

^^^ Music taste is too sophisticated for Oasis, but whenever the house is free he swaggers about the house in a Parka and shades singing Acquiesce.

I'm pretty sure Coca Cola sued them for Shakermaker as well. The bit with the same tune as "I'd like to teach the world to sing" used to have the same words IIRC.

Makes me wonder if Gary Glitter knew anything about Hello, which has the same tune and words as his song by the same name. :lol:

^^^ Music taste is too sophisticated for Oasis, but whenever the house is free he swaggers about the house in a Parka and shades singing Acquiesce.

I'm pretty sure Coca Cola sued them for Shakermaker as well. The bit with the same tune as "I'd like to teach the world to sing" used to have the same words IIRC.

Makes me wonder if Gary Glitter knew anything about Hello, which has the same tune and words as his song by the same name. :lol:

I'm sure Gary Glitter sued Oasis for that as he's credited as a songwriter for Hello.

I listened too Be Here Now tonight in the car, don't know why just did.

Stand by me is far too epic for driving, I just want to scream the lyrics and air guitar that bad boy.

God only knows what anyone sitting next to me at the traffic lights thought I was doing.

Good summary! People sneer at Oasis, but they do songs with attitude that are easy to sing along to. Anthems. Also, I'm pretty convinced that everyone in this country knows the words for Don't look back in anger. If anyone on here says they don't then they clearly need a couple drinks in them, then they'll somehow be word perfect.

I like two Oasis songs, The Masterplan and Morning Glory.

I'll never forgive those c***s for taking a guy from being in one of the best bands of the early 90s and relegating him to being the bassist in that shite though mad.gif

Yeah, it's the same melody. Noel's response to being asked about it when the news broke - "we all drink Pepsi now". :lol:

I like two Oasis songs, The Masterplan and Morning Glory.

I'll never forgive those c***s for taking a guy from being in one of the best bands of the early 90s and relegating him to being the bassist in that shite though mad.gif

Do you know the lyrics for Don't Look Back in Anger? Can you sing along? Do you?