Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

If you're looking for bands with a kind of "Oasis sound", check out The Cooper Temple Clause.

Three quality albums ranging from space rock to Led Zeppelin-inspired balladry to ear-splitting techno. Often in the space of a single track.

Talking To A Brick wall from their second album Kick Up The Fire and Let The Flames Break Loose is very Oasisy.

Ash, Blur, Pulp, Ocean colour scene are the ones i rate from there...

I've seen them live a few times and have yet to be let down. Understandably overshadowed a bit by other bands at the time, but comfortably one of my favourite bands. Hoping to see them again aroundabout Christmas time, probably at the Barrowlands.

Ash, Blur, Pulp, Ocean colour scene are the ones i rate from there...

Try a band called Shack , they supported Oasis about 10 years ago ( Noel loves them) , they have an amazing album called HMS Fable , you should give it a go.

IMO, Stop the Clocks is the best song on NGHFB. Went right off Oasis as soon as I started listening to actual forward thinking bands like The Smiths, The Rolling Stone etc. I was right into them before that, have all their albums and such, but, yeah...However, Definitely Maybe is still an untouchable album. The rest, dear God, the lyrics are terrible and the majority of songs are lifted from others, even though you could probably say the same for Definitely Maybe, but that album brought something more to the scene of British music, it was almost nuclear. Don't get me wrong, I like the Beatles too, and Oasis are still alright, I guess. Noel's solo career, so far, is ace, IMO. Looking forward to the next album.

I think it's been said before, but the B-side to Wonderwall, Round Are Way, is a top tune. Would recommend it. Nice wee swinging, hard-guitar number.

Oasis' time has been and gone, so many folk in their 20s and 30s still havent got over them , its time to stop listening to them! Im totally sick to death of hearing their songs still!!

Noel is still great but he's producing the same sort of stuff and beady eye are the same they both just sound exactly like oasis!!

Oasis' time has been and gone, so many folk in their 20s and 30s still havent got over them , its time to stop listening to them! Im totally sick to death of hearing their songs still!!

Noel is still great but he's producing the same sort of stuff and beady eye are the same they both just sound exactly like oasis!!

High Flying Birds are much better at sounding like Oasis than Beady eye, basically though your kind of right because even when you go and see them live you just want them to do the Oasis stuff.

IMO, Stop the Clocks is the best song on NGHFB. Went right off Oasis as soon as I started listening to actual forward thinking bands like The Smiths, The Rolling Stone etc. I was right into them before that, have all their albums and such, but, yeah...However, Definitely Maybe is still an untouchable album. The rest, dear God, the lyrics are terrible and the majority of songs are lifted from others, even though you could probably say the same for Definitely Maybe, but that album brought something more to the scene of British music, it was almost nuclear. Don't get me wrong, I like the Beatles too, and Oasis are still alright, I guess. Noel's solo career, so far, is ace, IMO. Looking forward to the next album.

I think it's been said before, but the B-side to Wonderwall, Round Are Way, is a top tune. Would recommend it. Nice wee swinging, hard-guitar number.

You think they went down hill after their first two albums and the lyrics are too basic? Please tell me more.

tumblr_kpomcqr4Ae1qz8ovio1_500.jpg

I am anything but a fan of Oasis or Beady Eye but one thing that can't be denied is that Liam and Noel are excellent for a quote. A few of my favourites being :

Noel on Kaiser Chiefs “Well, they are, though (wankers). The worst thing about them is that they’re not very good. They play dress-up and sit on top of an apex of meaninglessness. They don’t mean anything to anybody apart from their fucking ugly girlfriends.”

Liam on Franz Ferdinand "You look at [Alex Kapranos] and the singer from Right Said Fred. It's the same person! he's just gone on the Atkins diet and grown his hair."

Noel on Keane “I feel sorry for Keane. No matter how hard they try they’ll always be squares. Even if one of them started injecting heroin into onto his cock people would go ‘Yeah but your dad was a vicar, good night’.”

Liam on Coldplay and their fans “I don't hate them, I don't wish they had accidents. I think their fans are boring and ugly and don't look like they're having a good time.”

And my personal favourite "he looks like Zorro on doughnuts." Noel on Jack White.

I am anything but a fan of Oasis or Beady Eye but one thing that can't be denied is that Liam and Noel are excellent for a quote. A few of my favourites being :

Noel on Kaiser Chiefs "Well, they are, though (wankers). The worst thing about them is that they're not very good. They play dress-up and sit on top of an apex of meaninglessness. They don't mean anything to anybody apart from their fucking ugly girlfriends."

Liam on Franz Ferdinand "You look at [Alex Kapranos] and the singer from Right Said Fred. It's the same person! he's just gone on the Atkins diet and grown his hair."

Noel on Keane "I feel sorry for Keane. No matter how hard they try they'll always be squares. Even if one of them started injecting heroin into onto his cock people would go 'Yeah but your dad was a vicar, good night'."

Liam on Coldplay and their fans "I don't hate them, I don't wish they had accidents. I think their fans are boring and ugly and don't look like they're having a good time."

And my personal favourite "he looks like Zorro on doughnuts." Noel on Jack White.

My favourite Noel quote is (and I paraphrase it): "The reason Keane are shit is because the three biggest wankers in any band are the singer, the drummer and the keyboard player."

The best, by far, for me anyway, is Noel's summation of System of a Down:

'Do you ever look at the sky and think, I'm glad I'm alive? After I heard System of a Down, I thought, I'm actually alive to hear the shittiest band of all time. Which is quite something when you think about it. Of all the bands that have gone before and all the bands that'll be in the future, I was around when the worst was around.'

Edited by bullywee

Very good point there - when Oasis split up I hoped Beady Eye would sound like a Sigor Ros/Napalm Death influenced rock opera with a 78 minute concept album being first off the production line.

Imagine my surprise when the singer from Oasis, the bassist from Oasis and the guitarist from Oasis made some rock songs and they sounded a bit like Oasis?

D'you know what I mean live is fantastic

I remember seeing this video as a kid, and thinking how much I'd love to own a parka jacket and a pair of cool shades:

Unfortunately for Liam, he kept the same act going to the stage where it went from being cool as f**k to pretty sad. In that sense (and that sense only) he's the Paul McCartney of his generation.