Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

• 4 weeks later...

Having spun through Liam’s album I’m even more confused about why he led with Shockwave - it’s one of the weakest tracks on there!

Also, Invisible Sun is just a ‘bonus’ track? Bizarre. 

Anyway, this is a perfectly reasonable effort from LG and certainly superior to my ears than Noel’s most recent, toothless, offerings.

Shockwave - 7/10. Solid single, not a brilliant song but not bad either.

One Of Us - 9/10. Superb track, made special due to the message behind it.

Once - 10/10. Instant anthem. That is all.

Now That I’ve Found You - 8.5/10. Big fan of this song. It’s a proper happy song, not typical of a Liam Gallagher tune at all. It’s a bit of a happy love song and it sounds great, love the backing vocals. I think this could become a tune that people who aren’t really into LG come to adore.

Halo - 8.5/10. Great bounce to this tune. The recorder section is a laugh, I take it that it was deliberately meant to be funny?

Why Me? Why Not - 8/10. Another good song. He hits the high notes like nothing else here, class.

Be Still - 7/10. Decent filler tune.

Alright Now - 4/10. Weakest song on the album for me, pretty forgettable IMO.

Meadow - 5.5/10. Has a nice sound to it, the organ reminds me of Led Zep but other than that just another filler.

The River - 8/10. Stomper.

Gone - 7/10. This ones good but not as strong a closing song for the album as I hoped.

BONUS TRACKS

Invisible Sun 10/10 - brilliant tune. One for sunny days and driving in the car. As said before, very Stone Roses. Sounds like very earlier Oasis as well when Liam was trying to sound like Brown (i.e “Alice”). This song should have been on the album!!!

Misunderstood 8.5/10 - this is a great song. Don’t know what else to add, probably should have been on the album as well!

Glimmer 6.5/10 - another happy song, decent enough.

ALBUM RATING

8.5/10

I was very fearful when this album was announced. As You Were is a fine album, and I have to say I didn’t think LG could top that - I thought a second album would be a flop but my how I’ve been proven wrong. He’s managed to make an even better album. With a team of good song writers behind him, Liam is singing pretty much as good as he was in the early 2000s, some might say (pun not intended) better still. And what’s superb is that he’s managing to nail live performances these days. He has proven the doubters wrong. The man is an absolute hero.

The unplugged gig is fantastic. His voice is so good and takes ye back to the 90s. Well done LG x
Yeah defo, watched it the night. Much more professional these days. Night and day when you compare it to some of the latter Oasis gigs where he couldn't be arsed finishing the lines to songs and not giving a fck. His new album is a breath of fresh air.

On 28/09/2019 at 22:45, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
On 28/09/2019 at 22:15, Daydream said:
The unplugged gig is fantastic. His voice is so good and takes ye back to the 90s. Well done LG x

Yeah defo, watched it the night. Much more professional these days. Night and day when you compare it to some of the latter Oasis gigs where he couldn't be arsed finishing the lines to songs and not giving a fck. His new album is a breath of fresh air.

I'd kinda gone off Oasis in the end but I'm really loving Liam's resurrection.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the unplugged and it's absolutely amazing. Obviously the sound engineering going on is helping him sound as good as he does. But it's sooo magnificent. Finally he nails an unplugged, whilst Bonehead nails his second.

The Xfm gig he did on his birthday is on YouTube as well, and it's a belter.

• 2 weeks later...