Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched both sets from the biggest weekend. Whilst liam engaged a bit more with the crowd, his voice was poor and Noel was a lot better vocals wise. And noel gets bonus points for that absolute wid of a keyboard player.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I watched both sets from the biggest weekend. Whilst liam engaged a bit more with the crowd, his voice was poor and Noel was a lot better vocals wise. And noel gets bonus points for that absolute wid of a keyboard player.

It's almost like you want to enjoy the best bits by combining Noel and Liam. They should consider forming a band imo.

I'm the biggest fan In the world of Oasis reforming.

My erection may kill me if it ever happens and I will be the happiest man alive.

But..........having seen both live and how it's all gone down the last few years I cannot for the life of me see what Noel gains from going back.

His singing has improved as a frontman whilst his brother can at best do 1 gig a week.

Fair play that Noel can't do a few of the Oasis songs because it requires Liam  for best effect but he has a fairly extensive catalogue he can do and 3 albums of solo material.

Noel doesn't seem to have any enthusiasm for any kind of reunion with his brother. If the Manchester bombing couldn't get the pair together then I doubt anything will.

Probably doesnt' help that Liam keeps taking to Twitter to slag Noel and even crossed the line into Noels Wife as well. I wonder if Liams kids have even seen their cousins in a decade?

Despite all that I still live in hope.

I am very much mad for it.

On 03/06/2018 at 16:23, Gaz FFC said:

I'm the biggest fan In the world of Oasis reforming.

My erection may kill me if it ever happens and I will be the happiest man alive.

But..........having seen both live and how it's all gone down the last few years I cannot for the life of me see what Noel gains from going back.

His singing has improved as a frontman whilst his brother can at best do 1 gig a week.

Fair play that Noel can't do a few of the Oasis songs because it requires Liam  for best effect but he has a fairly extensive catalogue he can do and 3 albums of solo material.

Noel doesn't seem to have any enthusiasm for any kind of reunion with his brother. If the Manchester bombing couldn't get the pair together then I doubt anything will.

Probably doesnt' help that Liam keeps taking to Twitter to slag Noel and even crossed the line into Noels Wife as well. I wonder if Liams kids have even seen their cousins in a decade?

Despite all that I still live in hope.

I am very much mad for it.

I don't know if Liams voice could handle it to be honest.

An Oasis reunion would have to be absolutely perfect and I don't think it would be.  One thing that's obvious with Noel at the moment is he really likes his band mates and that's clear to see on stage, almost as if he's thriving on being as far away from Oasis as possible.

Edited by CALDERON

I don't know if Liams voice could handle it to be honest.
An Oasis reunion would have to be absolutely perfect and I don't think it would be.  One thing that's obvious with Noel at the moment is he really likes his band mates and that's clear to see on stage, almost as if he's thriving on being as far away from Oasis as possible.

Liam’s voice has been shocking for years, including most of the time Oasis were still together.

Easily fixed with studio tools when making albums, and live, Oasis are so fucking loud the guitar distortion kind of blends Liam’s voice into the noise rather well.

His voice rapidly started to decline after the Standing on the Shoulder of Giants tour. It was pretty much finished for the last few years of Oasis after the Don't Believe the Truth tour.

I have got dates mixed up for a wedding and now have 2 day tickets for TRNSMT on Saturday 30th June for Liam headlining.

Looking to sell them on for cost. Any takers?

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn’t agree Liam’s voice is finished. His solo comeback was tremendous and he was sounding like the 2000s again in some performances.

The problem is the number of gigs he does. He isn’t cut out for doing night after joint anymore, he needs to give his voice more time to recover. If I was him I’d do less shows, or stretch out his tours.

Barfly in Glasgow.

Running order:

3- Oasis
2- Acetone
1- Verve

Supersonic hasn’t been released yet but the scruffy Mancs gave 100 or so of us what we were missing at that time. Even a Storm in Heaven Verve.

It was exciting until the market was flooded by wannabees (OCS [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]) Even Mad Richard turned into a sap (after stealing Jason’s bird)

Let’s leave it there. Let the Neds and Pop fans have Liam’s solo career.

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to both new albums a few times by now, Noel by far superior. As Calderon says, the NGHFB lineup is quality with some genuinely very good musicians. I saw NGHFB in Aberdeen a couple of months ago and his musicians were fantastic, it was nice to see him giving them all a fair amount of credit for the performance too.

My only gripe with Noel is that, whilst his song writing is fantastic, he never really seems to write about anything in particular, he just has a knack for writing some tremendous lyrics. That’s where Liam scores a brownie point over Noel; he has a bash at writing something meaningful and personal to him, even though his lyrics are awful :lol:

That might seem like a bit of a snobby opinion to have, but I seem to enjoy somebody’s songwriting more of it has a personal feel to it, there might be plenty folk out there who couldn’t give a f**k if the lyrics are personal or not.