P&B subcrawl

Guest Moomintroll
He's posted that he's on his way home to Scotland
Gid lad, will buy him a pint if he passes by Calm Down Land on his way back.

• 10 months later...
11 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

An absolutely stunning photo of The Laurieston from the 1920's

I love that pub...I hope it never sees the need to "upgrade" from the 1960s time capsule it is. First time I was in there, I half-expected Jimmy Boyle to walk through the doors and slash somebody.

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I would say step 1 and step 16 of the subcrawl, if you're really doing it properly. Can't think of a better pub to start and end your night in. 

So do you walk down to it and start there? Not knocking it, I just always figured Buchanan St or St Enoch (call me a bluff old traditionalist) 

41 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

So do you walk down to it and start there? Not knocking it, I just always figured Buchanan St or St Enoch (call me a bluff old traditionalist) 

Aye Dows at Queen Street was always our Start/End point. Closed now I think?

1 hour ago, BillyAnchor said:

Well it's only a 10 minute walk. And the pubs at St Enoch are generally shite. 

Hasten to add, I've never even come close to doing the full bhoona. Both times I've done it, we started at the Lauriston then went west to get all the southside pubs done during the day, but then the whole thing used to fizzle out around Kelvinbridge / St George's Cross. But that's always going to happen with a big group. 

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well it's only a 10 minute walk. And the pubs at St Enoch are generally shite. 

Hasten to add, I've never even come close to doing the full bhoona. Both times I've done it, we started at the Lauriston then went west to get all the southside pubs done during the day, but then the whole thing used to fizzle out around Kelvinbridge / St George's Cross. But that's always going to happen with a big group. 

One of the few times I completed it, we went the "wrong way". Started at Buchanan St and headed west, which basically meant no-one could f**k off near the end, as they didn't want to be left on their own in the Ibrox/Govan area.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

One of the few times I completed it, we went the "wrong way". Started at Buchanan St and headed west, which basically meant no-one could f**k off near the end, as they didn't want to be left on their own in the Ibrox/Govan area.

Quite a good idea, although the Shields Road / West St pubs must have been quite the eye-opener late at night (not that there are any pubs near either station). 

8 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Quite a good idea, although the Shields Road / West St pubs must have been quite the eye-opener late at night (not that there are any pubs near either station). 

The Lord Nelson and the Quayside are a fair trek, the closest to the stations  must be  The Kensington and The Louden.

• 2 weeks later...