Radiohead, The National, Interpol

young_bairn

Anybody else fans of uplifting bands such as above. I am. Especially The National. Radiohead have apparently recorded some new stuff and I'm waiting on new stuff from the national.

Any similar bands recommended?

• 2 weeks later...

I only started listening to Radiohead a few months back and I just can't stop listening to them now. I don't know why it took me so long to give 'em a bash but I really regret I never did it before. I have their first six albums (all bought chronologically) and need their two most recent studio releases before I can move to other stuff and delve deeper into the wonder that is Radiohead.

Reckoner is beautiful though. I think (maybe) I prefer Gnarls Barkley's cover though. As shite as Cee-Lo Green may be now, and how when he was a member of the Goodie Mob or collaborating with Danger Mouse the music he produced was amazing (I actually have his first solo album, 'Cee-Lo Green and his Perfect Imperfections', and whilst it was shite, it was hip-hop and music compared to the tripe he releases now), you can't argue that he has one of the best voices in music.

• 1 year later...

This doesn't merit a new thread so I'll launch it in here. I was watching bit and pieces on Youtube when I stumbled across this. Aye it's not technically Radiohead but it'll do. Fairly magnificent tbh. Watch it if you've not already seen it.

Radiohead are one of my favourite bands ever. They've constantly evolved and changed what they've done. I love everything (bar Pablo Honey) they've released and have more than a few excellent b-sides. Kid A and OK Computer are two albums which don't age at all. True Love Waits is mind-blowingly good.

In terms of the National, I've only started listening to them recently. I got a copy of Trouble Will Find Me and I love the guitar on "Fireproof" and "I Need My Girl". I intended to go through their back catalogue, but I've got stuck on High Violet which is an absolute masterpiece of an album.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really listen to a lot of bands that are similar, but I'm absolutely in love with The National, I think Trouble Will Find Me is a tremedous album. High Violet is also fantastic. Devastated they aren't doing a Scottish date on their November tour. Give 'The Horrible Crowes' a shot, Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem's side project, their music creates the same kind of atmosphere that TN's does.

Radiohead are my favourite band by quite some distance. For the guy who has just discovered them, once you've checked out the albums, look out some of the lesser known tracks such as Talk Show Host, True Love Waits & Banana Co.

For similar listens, try Yuck, Lost In The Trees, The Invisble, Alcoholic Faith Mission, Deerhunter, Fink, Little Green Cars & Low.

Anybody else fans of uplifting bands such as above. I am. Especially The National. Radiohead have apparently recorded some new stuff and I'm waiting on new stuff from the national.

Any similar bands recommended?

I would recommend the later albums by Talk Talk, who influenced Radiohead, apparently - the albums Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are awesome.

Or how about Sigur Ros?

Maybe even Mogwai, or other so-called 'post rock' stuff?

I would recommend the later albums by Talk Talk, who influenced Radiohead, apparently - the albums Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are awesome.

Or how about Sigur Ros?

Maybe even Mogwai, or other so-called 'post rock' stuff?

If we're talking about Sigur Ros, Untitled 3 off () is phenomenal.

Also, an acoustic version of I Need My Girl by The National, probably one of my favourite songs of the year.

Archived