Football Boots

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

The plate of my right boot cracked at the weekend so a new pair are required. 

Trying to decide on whether to risk buying a new pair online or finding somewhere with a good selection in Edinburgh. Always risky I think buying online though as a pair of boots need to feel good on.

Trying to decide on whether to risk buying a new pair online or finding somewhere with a good selection in Edinburgh. Always risky I think buying online though as a pair of boots need to feel good on.
ProDirect are always good and cheaper than actual shops, that's where I've had all my boots for the past 4/5 seasons.

Try a few pairs in shops, and if you find something you like then look for them cheaper online?

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Try a few pairs in shops, and if you find something you like then look for them cheaper online?

Yeah that’s the plan. There are just surprisingly few decent looking shops selling boots in the Edinburgh area it seems.

It's not a football boot if it can't be polished.

Best fitbaw boots I've owned are these

bd32c04944c2.jpg.84dce5bd362b5946834aa8eccf161022.jpg

81qlRRAstvL._UX395_.jpg.746bf128eacc41a9927001c0b39a52da.jpg

That was from my old 11s days, brilliant proper football boots! 

These days I'm cutting about with a pair of Kaisers, same as the copas but the leather isn't kangaroo, plus they were 40 quid cheaper so ideal for Monday 7s

bota-adidas-kaiser-5-liga-negra-0.jpg.18f034168b8f674f9ade36b28bb521e4.jpg

Wore the Nikes for about 5 years but 1 of them ended up completely splitting at the front a week before a Scottish Cup game last month. Picked up the Adidas brand new with tags for £15 and even though they look a bit w**k they feel good on the foot.IMG_20191210_094214.jpegIMG_20191210_093654.jpeg

18 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

It's not a football boot if it can't be polished.

Best fitbaw boots I've owned are these

bd32c04944c2.jpg.84dce5bd362b5946834aa8eccf161022.jpg

81qlRRAstvL._UX395_.jpg.746bf128eacc41a9927001c0b39a52da.jpg

That was from my old 11s days, brilliant proper football boots! 

These days I'm cutting about with a pair of Kaisers, same as the copas but the leather isn't kangaroo, plus they were 40 quid cheaper so ideal for Monday 7s

bota-adidas-kaiser-5-liga-negra-0.jpg.18f034168b8f674f9ade36b28bb521e4.jpg

Studs for a 7 a side bounce game, who'd have guessed?

Studs for a 7 a side bounce game, who'd have guessed?

Moulded studs, assuming the game is being played on 4g, that’s absolutely the correct footwear. Yer old da’ cutting about in his burst samba’s is fine for him as he can’t move. Folk wearing blades are for the watching. Metal studs automatic life ban.
I’ve got a pair of black & white Adidas gloro’s that I’ve had a few years. Had a pair before that as well that last a couple years, lasted and comfy so got another pair.
Comfiest boots I’ve worn were Nike premier’s (thought they were tiempo’s until googling for a picture, live and learn) - pictured below - but fell apart after a season.
IMG_2832.jpg

Proper astroturf trainers are adequate for casual bounce, small sided  games. Moulded studs should only be worn for 11 a side amateur games and above. 

Turning up with studs is similar to having a full kit, with a name on the back of the shirt.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Proper astroturf trainers are adequate for casual bounce, small sided  games. Moulded studs should only be worn for 11 a side amateur games and above. 
Turning up with studs is similar to having a full kit, with a name on the back of the shirt.

Probably true but I paid good money for my full personalised kit, shin pads and wristbands and you’ll be damned if I’m not wearing them!

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

On a wet 4G pitch you often slide around on those Astro boots. They were ideal for the old sandpaper asfeo pitches back in the day or the old shitey "3G" pitches. 

Talking of sliding around, the worst boots I've ever owned were those stupid blades, didnt last long before they were binned and funnily enough I'm sure they were replaced with my first pair of Copas. 

7 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

On a wet 4G pitch you often slide around on those Astro boots. They were ideal for the old sandpaper asfeo pitches back in the day or the old shitey "3G" pitches. 

Talking of sliding around, the worst boots I've ever owned were those stupid blades, didnt last long before they were binned and funnily enough I'm sure they were replaced with my first pair of Copas. 

How many 4g pitches are there and where?