Last Book You Read....

H_B

I finally got round to reading The DaVinci Code whilst away for the weekend, enjoyed it.

Started Angels and Demons last night.

They were buy 1 get 1 half price in WH Smith in Central Station on Saturday morning

:lol:

I finally got round to reading The DaVinci Code whilst away for the weekend, enjoyed it.

Started Angels and Demons last night.

They were buy 1 get 1 half price in WH Smith in Central Station on Saturday morning

:lol:

If you liked The Da Vinci code you will love Angels and Demons - it is far superior and a much better read.

• 3 weeks later...

Forget you had a daughter - Sandra gregory 9/10

Autobiography of her time spent in the bangkok "hilton" after being caught trying to smuggle 89 grams of herion from thailand to japan. Excellent read

Guest BullyWee1878

Paul Tomkins

Golden Past, Red Future

Liverpool fan without the rose tinted specs talking about Liverpool under Benitez.

9/10

Last book I read was Mike Atherton's autobiography at the weekend (my dad gave me a loan of it), fairly interesting but the guy was a fairly uncontroversial character so it's not packed full of scandal. Some of the Phil Tufnell quotes are quite funny though.

Will be having a wee look through this thread for something new...

Last week I read 'Next To You' which is the story of Caron Keating's life and death written by her mother Gloria Hunniford.

It's moving account of her fight against cancer and her family's struggles. As a book I found it a brilliant read. I failed to realise just how 'off the wall' Caron Keating actually was before reading it. It's not your typical cancer sufferer's story since they clearly had the money to buy the best treatment known to man and move to Cornwall and Australia at the drop of a hat. It's also not typical given the bizarre alternative healing methods she tried. Rivetting read none the less.

I'd say 8/10 as a biography.

If you liked The Da Vinci code you will love Angels and Demons - it is far superior and a much better read.

My sis (who's mental and a bit of a conspiracy theorist :ph34r: ) has been on at me to read them for an aeon <_<

Anyway, 'Just a Modern Rock Story', by Paul Whitelaw. Kinda an autobiography of Belle & Sebastian.

Tbh anybody who's a fan of theirs will probably know the story but I found it quite interesting nonetheless :)

Winifred Ewing: Stop the World

The grand old lady's autobiography. Interesting in most parts, what a wonderfully varied career she had.

Poignantly, she speaks of Margaret's cancer, and how happy the family were to know that she was on the road to recovery.

She writes about her friendship with Plaid Cymru's Gwynfor Evans, the Irish Fianna Fáil group, and many nationalists from across Europe and Canada, her trips to Africa with the Lomé Assembly, and gives an intriguing insight into the dark mechanisms of the West of Scotland SLP, their hatred of the SNP, and the Scottish media.

More of a personal than a political memoir, but nonetheless a good read, which I will award a 7/10. Not as good as Major's.

The Butterfly Tattoo by Philip Pullman.

It's a teenage/young adult book my wife took on holiday. It's fairly fucked up, not too long and will no doubt end up as some sort of ITV Drama one day.

I'm struggling to get into London Fields by Matrtin Amis at the moment.

Next up will be Watchmen - I love a good comic :)

The last two I've read were 'Hound of the Baskervilles' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and 'The People on the Street: A Writer's View of Israel' by Linda Grant.

The first is obviously a classic Sherlock Holmes whodunnit. Don't usually read stuff like that but I saw it for 2 quid and thought I'd give it a go. Enjoyed it very much. :D

The second is by Linda Grant whose parents were immigrant Jews living in England. She goes to Israel to write this book and meets a cross-section of society from your average Israeli to a man whose son was killed by a suicide bomber and Israeli settlers in the Gaza Strip. Really interesting stuff though unfortunately she doesn't see the Middle East crisis being resolved any time soon.

Just started reading 'No Wonder I Take A Drink' by Laura Marney. Only read the first couple of chapters but it's a good start and very funny. She's an up and coming Scottish writer and I think that this was her first novel. The follow up was called 'Nobody Loves A Ginger Baby'. :lol: