Last Book You Read....

H_B

Echo Burning by Lee Child. Even better than Killing Floor. This guy is a fucking brilliant writer. I can't put his books down.

Onto One Shot now.

:D

Ease up a bit, Robert!

I made the mistake of reading 3 or 4 of his books back to back and they started to get a bit "samey"!

Finish the ones you've got then leave it a couple of months! ;)

They are a brilliant read though, and no, you just can't put them down!

I'm thinking Lee Child could be coming on holiday with me.

Which should I read first then?

Killing Floor - it introduces the character about which all his books are about.

It probably wouldn't matter too much, but you're probably better reading the one that tells you about the guy a bit, as well as telling a story. ;)

I'm thinking Lee Child could be coming on holiday with me.

Which should I read first then?

Can't remember how they run chronologicaly!

Check out one of the ones Ruggy has mentioned in a bookstore to see the dates of the other titles, I guess!

Having said that, it doesn't really matter if they're not chronological!

Read "All Fun and Games Until Somebody Loses An Eye" by Mr Brookmyre. One of his best in my opinion, ridiculing Celtic fans and revealing his Bothwell Housewife fetish :P;). Perhaps got a bit ridiculous as it went on, but I guess that was partly the point. 8/10 :)

Guest doonhamerexile

Hell's Angel - Ralph "sonny" Barger, 9/10 the life and times of sonny barger and the hells angel motorcycle club

great read, i highly reccomend it

I've just bought Sonny barger's other book riding high, living free, hopefully its every bit as good as the other one

Not read it. Will seek it out though.

Killing Floor - it introduces the character about which all his books are about.

It probably wouldn't matter too much, but you're probably better reading the one that tells you about the guy a bit, as well as telling a story. ;)

b3_1_b.JPG

99p from ebay :D

Read "All Fun and Games Until Somebody Loses An Eye" by Mr Brookmyre. One of his best in my opinion, ridiculing Celtic fans and revealing his Bothwell Housewife fetish :P;). Perhaps got a bit ridiculous as it went on, but I guess that was partly the point. 8/10 :)

I finished "AFAG" last week, and I agree with most of that. Mostly 'cause that's what I said to Colin yesterday. :lol:;)

Finished "Love is a fervent fire" by Robin Jenkins the other day. It was pretty good, I enjoyed each of his novels that I have read.

Now reading "Dead Run" by P.J. and Dunc... P.J. Tracy. I read "Want to play" a couple of years ago. A bit of a cheap thriller, but good. This one appears to be similar.

I've got a couple of Lee Child books in my pile of books to read at home, hadn't really fancied them, but I guess I'll take a look after the recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

ridin' high, livin' free - ralph "sonny" barger 9/10

loads of funny true stories from various hell's angels and other bikers about stuff that has happened on the road

Just finished reading:

"Touching the Void", Joe Simpson - I've heard Joe Simpson tell the story in person, I've seen the film but only just got round to reading the book. A true tale of survival against the elements.

"Alive: The True Story of the Andes Survivors ", Piers Paul Read - Another epic tale of survival, with the most matter of fact description of carving up dead bodies and eating human flesh :blink: You still have to wonder whether the survivors killed the weak for food, one minute they're fine then the next day "they lost faith and died". Hmm...

In the middle of reading:

"Mapping the Deep", Robert Kunzig - A really interesting account of the development of Oceanography and deep sea exploration and how our ideas on the seas have changed over the decades.

Just finished A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby.

Wasn't as good as I expected it to be 6/10

I found that too. It had the usual Hornby wit and humour in it, but I thought the story itself was the weakest he's produced.

As for me,

Moving Pictures - Terry Pratchett

8/10

The PIcture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

A tremendous idea (that the picture bears the scars of Gray's decadence, while he remains eternally youthful) and some fascinating themes (art, influence, public -vs- private) is slightly ruined somewhat with the deus ex machina of the ending. After James Vale was killed, I was genuinely looking forward to the resolution of the book, but it was an easy way out for Wilde, I felt.

7.5/10

• 2 weeks later...